Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:55:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product Discovery Tool - Search Bitcoin  (Read 1049 times)
jostmey (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 12:33:35 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2011, 12:55:56 AM by jostmey

Search Bitcoin is committed to helping people discover merchandise and services available in the bitcoin community. You may already be familiar with our BTC Economy Feed, which is being actively used in over two-dozen websites.

After considerable research into user-behavior, we have redesigned our homepage. Our homepage now acts as a portal where you can find just about everything in the community in one single location. You can even share you experience about a particular vendor with the rest of the community. So check it out here:

HOMEPAGE

It is our hope that our services will help stimulate sales in the bitcoin economy. Anyone can add their website to our database for free (link).

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 01:03:05 AM

Nice! Are you eventually going to make the search results page scrollable?
jostmey (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 01:06:17 AM

Nice! Are you eventually going to make the search results page scrollable?

Scrolling is hard on the database because it requires that additional search results be returned. Therefore, I will add some form of pagination.

Right now, my immediate focus is on improving the search results. This means tweaking the parameters for the search results :-)

Search Bitcoin
nmat

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 01:27:27 AM

I can see 10 results and a half. I can't click on the 11th result because I can't scroll.

I searched for games and I got a lot of results from http://www.jjgames.com/, but they only accept Paypal. Isn't this supposed to be a search engine for products sold with bitcoins?

But congratulations on the web site. And good luck Smiley
jostmey (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 01:30:19 AM

I can see 10 results and a half. I can't click on the 11th result because I can't scroll.

I searched for games and I got a lot of results from http://www.jjgames.com/, but they only accept Paypal. Isn't this supposed to be a search engine for products sold with bitcoins?

But congratulations on the web site. And good luck Smiley

Actually, jjgames does accept bitcoins. The owner of the website was one of the early entrepreneurs in the bitcoin space.

I will add instructions (link) below his products explaining how to buy his video games using bitcoins.

I will work on adding pagination so people can see additional search results :-) It seems to be a desperately needed feature.

Search Bitcoin
nmat

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 01:41:36 AM

Actually, jjgames does accept bitcoins. The owner of the website was one of the early entrepreneurs in the bitcoin space.

I will add instructions (link) below his products explaining how to buy his video games using bitcoins.

I will work on adding pagination so people can see additional search results :-) It seems to be a desperately needed feature.

Oh, cool. I didn't see it anywhere. The FAQ doesn't mention it and during checkout I only saw a Paypal option. Didn't see the promocode button Wink
amincd

Activity: 772

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 04:09:48 PM

Quote from: jostmey
Scrolling is hard on the database because it requires that additional search results be returned. Therefore, I will add some form of pagination.

Right now, my immediate focus is on improving the search results. This means tweaking the parameters for the search results :-)

Right, pagination is what all the search engines use after-all, probably for that reason.

I'm doing some searches now, and the range of items is really quite impressive.
jostmey (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 06:51:39 AM

Right, pagination is what all the search engines use after-all, probably for that reason.

I'm doing some searches now, and the range of items is really quite impressive.

Thanks!

I've just added a way to bring up additional search results. Basically, there is a button where you can ask for additional search results. The code is not perfectly polished yet, so I will continue to work on it this week.

You may have to refresh the page a few times to clear out the old browser cache :-)

Search Bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: