Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:20:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to mining need an Advice  (Read 243 times)
HoLeeDik (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:17:24 AM

Hello as I said I'm a bit newbie in terms of mining. I want to try out GPU mining if its possible and got some few questions and hope that someone can help.

1. First is, is still profitable to mine using just 1 card? My plan is to try one gtx 1080ti or 1070ti (just ignore the electricity consumption factor).

2. Will it be possible to plug it on my workstation and be able to do my daily tasks on my PC and be able to mine. (What I mean is just using my onboard graphics and letting the GPU to mine.)
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:40:42 AM

1. this time is not the right time but if you do not care about the price and ROI you can do it Personally, I recommend to buy 1070ti because the price is cheaper and the performance is quite good

2. yeah..possible
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:48:12 AM

Your room change to sauna.Better roi have baikal giant b.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:51:21 AM

@adi1989

What does that mean, dude

do you understand the problem ?

delete or jump your post to Bounties (Altcoins)

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:02:25 AM

Your room change to sauna.Better roi have baikal giant b.

nah, 1x 1070 GPU wont heat the entire room

Hello as I said I'm a bit newbie in terms of mining. I want to try out GPU mining if its possible and got some few questions and hope that someone can help.

1. First is, is still profitable to mine using just 1 card? My plan is to try one gtx 1080ti or 1070ti (just ignore the electricity consumption factor).

2. Will it be possible to plug it on my workstation and be able to do my daily tasks on my PC and be able to mine. (What I mean is just using my onboard graphics and letting the GPU to mine.)

1) If you ignore electricity factor, of course it is profitable

2) Honestly, when I do mining, I always disabled my on board Graphics, I am not sure if you could use PCI-e installed as your secondary and onboard graphics as a primary. usually if you use your graphics card as your daily task when mining (Depends on what you are doing) it affects your hashrate or will experience a hashrate drop.

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:42:39 AM

💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

$400 for you or each person  for just signing up for airdrop.

$400 for you or each person  for just signing up for airdrop.

Geez, what these guys up to, messing/spamming up the threads

Seems like a bots
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:17:43 AM

yes, it is still profitable to mine, the profit however depends on your choice the coin to mine.. but usually it is 1.5-3$ usd per gtx 1080ti now with regular coins.. even higher if you are lucky enough
and yes, you can plug the gtx card to your workstation and start mine, while do your everyday business
laineux

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:02:21 AM

I think it could be a little bit noisy
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:50:05 PM

Yes, you can mine with the single card as well mate. I don't suggest you to have the windows platform to nine the any coins mostly you get the issue like heavy temperature and less hash rate.
For better suggestion you can go with the separate computer set up for the GPU mining, in future also you can increase the number of cards on it but with the personal computer that much easy.

To check the profitability, you can check the below link.
https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator
Wotan Wipeout

Activity: 438
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:21:37 PM

go for Zotac 1070ti AMP.

Its well done, silent, fast and cool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: