Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2017, 05:45:47 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin 0.3.0 is generating new address when computer restarts  (Read 1604 times)
atomic_age

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 15, 2010, 04:14:28 AM

Hi I am running bitcoin on 2 machines which run Windows 7.

Any time the machines are restarted bitcoin generates a new receiving address. Has anyone else seen this with any other OS?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Bitcoiner

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 15, 2010, 04:21:57 AM

I believe I've seen this happen, too... it's a feature Wink
Using different addresses increases anonymity, but should ideally be a configurable option.

Want to thank me for this post? Donate here! Flip your coins over to: 13Cq8AmdrqewatRxEyU2xNuMvegbaLCvEe  Smiley
knightmb

Activity: 308

Timekoin - Save Electricity, Don't Waste It!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2010, 07:38:45 AM

I believe I've seen this happen, too... it's a feature Wink
Using different addresses increases anonymity, but should ideally be a configurable option.
Hmm, I just noticed that too. Didn't know it was changing every time you restart the PC. Guess I need to update my sig again  Wink

I agree though, a feature to lock in an address is useful for donations, etc. Would be a very useful feature, I agree.

Insti

Activity: 294

Firstbits: 1duzy

View Profile
July 15, 2010, 08:16:21 AM

You can still access the coins from the other addresses and they still work to receive coins, check your Address Book.
knightmb

Activity: 308

Timekoin - Save Electricity, Don't Waste It!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2010, 08:39:35 AM

You can still access the coins from the other addresses and they still work to receive coins, check your Address Book.

Oh I see, it just shows the "latest" address that was generated, very cool. Well, isn't that cool. Learn more surprises everyday.  Grin

atomic_age

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 15, 2010, 12:12:32 PM

Yeah, it's not really a problem. Just a bit odd that's all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.