Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I build a litecoin mining rig?  (Read 646 times)
ibrahim11 (OP)

Activity: 777
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:44:39 PM

Should I build a litecoin mining rig?
twistedtrick

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:47:40 PM

Do you have advantages that others don't, such as access to cheap parts or cheap/free electricity?

There is a lot of coin to be mined with Scrypt but getting a decent ROI in a reasonable amount of time is really going to depend on how well you can keep costs down (as well as a bit of luck).
cryptomining

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:21:56 AM

Should I build a litecoin mining rig?

its fun, build away.  Cheesy
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:29:41 AM

Of all crypto investments, I'd consider a litecoin rig the safest. Buying coins might make you more money, but where's the fun in that.

The hardware is still valuable if for some reason litecoin is not, but with all the new money pouring into altcoins (hardware and markets) I don't foresee some altcoin, somewhere, not being profitable to mine. Of course all of that probably rides on BTC's sucess, or rather anything but faceplanting.  

If you have hardware right now it's likely to be paid for before the month is over (assuming you bought at launch retail prices or lower) Ordering now is a gamble the same as bitcoin ASIC pre order, but to a lesser degree as it's much harder to scale LTC rigs. If you can pay for it in a month, mine another for pure profit, then sell the hardware at 50-75% invested and you've made out like a bandit.

Of course the train might just be at station, ready to pull away. If that's the case you won't want to sell, and hardware will continue to be backorder only.

I could continue, but you should get my view by now  Smiley

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: