Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtex VTX trading disabled  (Read 6176 times)
Sterling (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:54:37 PM

VTX trading on havelockinvestments.com has been disabled: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/order.php?symbol=VTX

I'm guessing virtex is planning on releasing financials for 2013 (finally). Wonder why they've frozen trading though. Could be a number of things:

1. Virtex is doing well and they plan on buying all shares off shareholders.

2. Virtex is not doing well (unlikely) and they want to prevent a massive sell-off when this goes live.

Strangely enough, there was a huge selloff of shares last week. Considering financials are coming "by Q1 2014" I don't see why someone would sell off all their shares. Seems fishy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kosmatos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:06:11 PM

The wild west.

NOTICE OF DELISTING

TAKE NOTICE that VTX will be delisted from havelockinvestments.com and all trading in VTX will halt on at 4:00pm (MST) on December 31, 2013 (the "Effective Time") to enable holders at the Effective Time to receive physical share certificates of 1612643 Alberta Inc. (operating as Virtex), a private Alberta company.  On January 6, 2014, VirtEx will provide notice of the delisting and request registration directions from each holder of VTX via email.   It is important to note that registered shareholders have certain rights under the Business Corporations Act (Alberta).  The share certificates to be issued represent non-voting common shares which entitle the holder to receive such dividends or other distributions as may be declared thereon from time to time by the board of directors and to receive a pro rata share of any distribution made upon the voluntary or involuntary liquidation, dissolution or winding-up of VirtEx, or any other distribution of its assets among its shareholders for the purpose of winding-up its affairs. The shares represented by the share certificates are not, and will not be for the foreseeable future, listed on a stock exchange and are subject to transfer restrictions under applicable securities laws.

The decision to delist VTX from havelockinvestments.com was made after considering the company's current position and our future business objectives.  As previously disclosed, holders of VTX have always had the right to become a registered shareholder.  Please contact us if you have any questions.

Trading Halt:
Trading of VTX will be halted until Dec 18 2013 4:00pm(MST) where it will then resume until Dec 31 2013 4:00pm(MST).
Kosmatos

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:08:28 PM

I'm kind of bummed, but at the same time, I will definitely set myself up right now to buy as many shares on December 18, when trading resumes, as I can.

The problem with this whole thing is that people that aren't Canadian will not really want to own direct shares of the company and have to deal with real regulations.
Vexatious

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:33:55 PM

So is this positive news then? I actually have one share already. My gut is telling me to keep it. Smiley

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:51:24 PM

Very curious...
Not sure what to do here.  I don't like having my listing taken off an exchange (I currently have approx 10 BTC tied up in Bitfunder and BTC-TC chaos right now)...
supermono

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:15:04 PM

The problem with this whole thing is that people that aren't Canadian will not really want to own direct shares of the company and have to deal with real regulations.

Will US investors be eligible for the direct shares? If so, what red tape/regulations will they have to deal with in order to receive the direct shares, and then after receiving them? Would there be any benefit to a US investor to holding a direct share of VTX, as opposed to simply investing on the stock market in fiat using their IRA or 401K etc.?
ericools

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:38:27 PM

I am unsure too.  I don't have much in it, and don't really care to sell.  But I am in the US and it hardly seems worth whatever trouble it will be to figure this out.

What to do, what to do?

lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:09:29 AM

The decision to delist VTX from havelockinvestments.com was made after considering the company's current position and our future business objectives.

Beautifully vague. 

Does this mean there will no longer be a way to transfer shares in the company? is the share value being decoupled from bitcoin price? Its all seems like a bit of funky accounting to me. Then again it could be becasue some large investors want in and are uncomfortable buying shares in XBT on an exchange that is operating in a legal grey area?   Huh

Somebody in the know please make some clarification.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:17:11 AM

and now wire transfers are gone... wtf is happening over there:(
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:00:34 PM

the latest on this:

Joseph David: "Firstly I would like to assure everyone that there is no mal-intent in this decision.  I will be posting additional details about this decision and answers to many questions on the Havelock site early next week and before trading resumes.  Please feel free to e-mail me your questions directly to joseph@cavirtex.com. I will not respond individually, instead I will group questions together and post the questions and answers on the Havelock page for VTX.  I will also have further details and clarification about dividends.  In the Bitcoin landscape please try to understand that things change and I am doing my best to adapt to the change. Once my update is posted all Havelock shareholders will receive the e-mail."

Thank you for investing with Havelock Investments!
https://www.havelockinvestments.com
troc

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:30:23 AM

Yep this sham of a maneouvre sets a bad precedent for the rest of havelock.

What is the point of 'physical' shares in denominated in some local currency other than to create smoke and mirrors ?  With the added bonus of more disincentives e.g. registering and more red-tape as well as new terms and conditions. All in all it is a red herring, because 'and its gone'.

So much for intents, they are a dime a dozen; what about BTC dividends ?
ar9

Activity: 352

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:12:24 AM

Between HIF & now this.
Havelock has officially lost a customer!
I am out of the Bitcoin Stock exchange game, indefinitely.  At least, until a P2P exchange starts up.

That will be a good day.
Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:37:44 AM

Can't keep all the plates spinning forever...
supermono

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:25:22 AM

Yep this sham of a maneouvre sets a bad precedent for the rest of havelock.

What is the point of 'physical' shares in denominated in some local currency other than to create smoke and mirrors ?  With the added bonus of more disincentives e.g. registering and more red-tape as well as new terms and conditions. All in all it is a red herring, because 'and its gone'.

I don't know... I used to be opposed to registration for BTC stocks; I liked that BTC was almost like play money where I could experiment with investing and not have to worry about all that red tape. At $10 per Bitcoin, it wasn't a huge loss if I lost 0.10 BTC in some investment or another, especially since the BTC security market was generally going up (until July) so an occasional loss was generally counteracted by gains in the other securities. But now that BTC is worth around $1000 it doesn't seem so much like monopoly money anymore. And over the past months several asset issuers have chosen to just disappear (CreativeX, plus the issuer of AJM.Mining), or blatantly scam and say 'this was just a game for entertainment purposes, so you have no recourse' (Cow on Litecoin Global). With BTC becoming so valuable, I'm hesitant to keep taking those types of risks with my BTC. If VTX becoming a registered security means shareholders will be legally protected from these types of things, it may be a positive development after all.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:58:26 PM

Question and Answer update:
De-Listing Questions:
Terms and Definitions:
Registered Shares: The share certificates to be issued represent non-voting common shares with rights to receive dividends in either Canadian Dollars or Bitcoin.
Virtual Shares: Shares of symbol VTX on havelockinvestments.com
De-list Date: Dec 31 2013 4:00pm(MST)
HVL: havelockinvestments.com

Dividends:
No promise was ever made to issue a dividend on a specific date. In my last announcement on Oct 1 2013 I indicated that the next dividend update will occur by March 31 2014(Q1 2014). At this time I cannot give a specific date for when a dividend will be declared or paid. Any registered shareholder of VirtEx will be able to accept any dividend payments in Canadian dollars or Bitcoin. There are no special classes of dividend exempt shares. If a dividend is declared or paid, the non-voting common shares as defined above and in this de-listing would qualify.

Questions:
1) Havelock stated the sale of 10,000 units was for 10% of the company. This should mean as a holder of 200 shares that these certificates will equate to ownership of exactly 0.2% of the company. Does this remain true?
Yes at the present moment, but the company may raise additional capital by issuing new shares in the future.

2) How do I become a registered Shareholder?

All shareholders as of the de-listing date will be e-mailed on January 6, 2014 with instructions on how to become a registered shareholder. There will be no administration fee for this service.

3) Why should I become a registered shareholder?
To reflect your ownership interest in the company.

4) Why is your prospectus no longer posted and/or available?
We removed it as the first step in the delisting process.

5) What are the transfer rights of my registered shares, can I sell them to others?
Share transfers will be restricted in accordance with applicable law.

6) Will the de-listing process require me to pay or report capital gains?
Consult your professional advisor. Generally however capital gains are not incurred until a disposition has occurred.

7) Can you give more detail as to why you decided to de-list?
The virtual shares are being traded in an uncertain regulatory framework as it pertains to an Alberta Corporation. This uncertainty complicates and delays any additional investment and/or partnership. We intend to grow this company and pursue partnerships and investment offers and the conversion of virtual shares to registered shares is a necessary step to make that happen.

Cool When will financials be issued and to who?
Annual financial statements will be issued to all registered shareholders and are planned to be released by March 31, 2014.
bobboooiie

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:01:19 PM

Yes at the present moment, but the company may raise additional capital by issuing new shares in the future.
I dont know but the dividend part and this right there just sound so bad... even after 2 months doing pretty good volume
bobboooiie

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:22:37 PM

Am I mistaken or it is already past this due ?

Trading of VTX will be halted until Dec 18 2013 4:00pm(MST)
Kosmatos

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:28:04 AM

It started about an hour later, so they must have gotten confused between MST (Mountain Standard Time, which is their EST minus 2 hours) with Central Standard Time which is minus 1 hours in Havelock's time.

It is trading below 0.1 BTC/share. Basically, if you want to be a registered Canadian shareholder, and lock in your BTC into a Canadian company's shares tied to the dollar except dividends, then you buy. If not, you sell before Dec. 31st, get your BTC, cut your losses, and call it a day.
ceyre

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:06:09 AM

I guess I'm forced out as a UK citizen.
Pretty pathetic managing by Havelock & VTX. 
Pulling all funds out of Havelock over this.  Trusted them and got screwed.

Why would someone investing in Bitcoins which are fundamentally anonymous want to register their name to a Bitcoin exchange share?  Seems like VTX wants their shareholder's BTC & wants them out.

See ya, Havelock!
bobboooiie

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:10:04 AM

I guess I'm forced out as a UK citizen.
Pretty pathetic managing by Havelock & VTX. 
Pulling all funds out of Havelock over this.  Trusted them and got screwed.

Why would someone investing in Bitcoins which are fundamentally anonymous want to register their name to a Bitcoin exchange share?  Seems like VTX wants their shareholder's BTC & wants them out.

See ya, Havelock!

My exact words, I dont remember what was in original prospectus but yeah anonymity was one thing I wanted from bitcoin securities. The only good move from VTX would to do buy back on original IPO price but that is unrealistic and its not gonna happen for obvious reasons. So once again investors getting burned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: