Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:20:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which escrow service do you favor?  (Read 523 times)
gracesfall (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:30:55 PM

Since folks are leery of selling to buyers who want to use PayPal, I'm looking for a reliable escrow service w/ low fees and low minimums.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Cynthia
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:34:08 PM

Paypal's incompatible with Bitcoin whether you use escrow or not unless the funds are held for >90 days.
mad4coinz

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:41:17 PM

Since folks are leery of selling to buyers who want to use PayPal, I'm looking for a reliable escrow service w/ low fees and low minimums.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Cynthia

I guess the problem is that you can do chargeback with paypal?

Which escrow services do people like to use? Coinbase has received a lot of investment this week.

I've used https://bitbargain.co.uk for buying coins, they buy and sell Litecoins as well as bit coins but selling is more difficult and I guess this site is useless if you don't have UK bank account and ID.

Bowee32

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:45:23 PM

It is meaningless to use escrow for paypal payments.
The buyer can still chargeback after escrow release the bitcoin.
gracesfall (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:45:31 PM

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Cynthia

I guess the problem is that you can do chargeback with paypal?

Which escrow services do people like to use? Coinbase has received a lot of investment this week.

I've used https://bitbargain.co.uk for buying coins, they buy and sell Litecoins as well as bit coins but selling is more difficult and I guess this site is useless if you don't have UK bank account and ID.

GAH! This stinks. I guess I'm stuck going through my CoinBase account and waiting the however many days it takes them to clear my transfer. I hate that people would even think to chargeback PayPal payments in order to scam Bitcoin sellers. It ruins it for the rest of us.
Espott71

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:30:15 AM

John K is probably the best-known one, though I haven't used any escrow before.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: