Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detailed cryptocurrency explanation document - under the hood and over the hill  (Read 915 times)
cuivang (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:49:40 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 08:55:51 AM by cuivang

Hello,

I have been looking at cryptocurrencies (and mining) for a while, and have written a pretty long (18 pages) document which details how cryptocurrencies (and bitcoin) work under the hood and over the hood. Because I initially had lots of trouble understanding that myself as information online, with a few exceptions, seemed to be very advanced, I have tried to make it as clear as possible, from the transactions to the blocks to the block chains to the chain forks to actually mining, using a client, getting the private key, choosing coins to mine based on ROI and/or type of mining (CPU,GPU,FPGA,ASIC) etc. And a short explanation of the proof-of-works that seems to be used: SHA256, Scrypt, Cunningham Prime number chains whose origin is linked to the block hash (haven't gotten around to Quark that much)

I intend it as a very broad yet in-depth view as to how those currencies work, and something any beginner should read. I certainly wish I had had such a document when I started.

At any rate, here it is! https://sites.google.com/site/cryptojp/

Thank you very much!
Robin Steel

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:41:43 PM

will you please publish it in a website and tell us the address?  I use Google sites and it is very easy to set up, then post the address here
cuivang (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:56:51 AM

will you please publish it in a website and tell us the address?  I use Google sites and it is very easy to set up, then post the address here

Thanks for the suggestion! I have done so at https://sites.google.com/site/cryptojp/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: