Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:58:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some people are born poor and raised ignorant...  (Read 2041 times)
Anonymous

August 14, 2011, 05:15:40 AM

Some people are born and raised ignorant. They will be otherwise helpless unless another party intervenes. Should it not be for the common good of society for a state to collect from the well-off and have them take in children deemed brainwashed or impoverished and have them raised in a more correct way?

For those who manage to come out of a poor household and end up in suffering in society, shouldn't it be the job of a state to care for them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 06:13:16 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2011, 06:24:16 AM by JeffK

Some people are born and raised ignorant. They will be otherwise helpless unless another party intervenes. Should it not be for the common good of society for a state to collect from the well-off and have them take in children deemed brainwashed or impoverished and have them raised in a more correct way?

For those who manage to come out of a poor household and end up in suffering in society, shouldn't it be the job of a state to care for them?

Despite your ignorance, yes, we should take care of you collectively as a society Immanuel

edit: lol at this question coming from someone who still relies heavily on his parents for survival.
deuxmill

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:49:00 AM

Sure bro that is the point of the state ... to provide equal chances for all it's citizens , or at least to try . We are not equal , some are smarter some are fitter , and some are quite stupid. In the end it doesn't matter because stupid people might give birth to smart people and vice versa , but ignorance can be "healed" , stupidity unfortunately not. Ignorance has many causes: Lack of money is one , but the most important one is the "system" . Because people are pushed in to a standard , everybody , learns the same shit , weal this is really stupid and gives birth to ignorance because when you don't like something you will most likely not learn it , unless you are actually stupid and really believe the standard shit you get to learn in schools actually helps you. Almost 50% of the things learned in schools is useless to almost 90% of the people. Schools should be more free , you like literature you learn literature , you like math learn math , you should learn whatever you want. But states "need" to indoctrinate it's people , with self written history , national literature , all sorts of math equations that almost no one will ever use , etc. Schools shouldn't be about grades and certification , but about knowledge . Certification is a totally different thing than knowledge , and I actually don't give a hand job about them.

So yeah the point of the state is to take care of those that can't , but it's role ain't to ensure you become standard , and not even to cure ignorance , just to provide the way to escape it if you choose to, some ignorance is good , we can't learn everything , everywhere , we also need time to process information , and to apply it . But there is one thing we should never be ignorant to and that is politics, unfortunately this essential field in our existence is one of the most ignored by the masses.

@JeffK

Could you please explain what's to LOL about??
deuxmill

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 02:18:53 PM

If you do figure out a good way to implement a kind of boot-sector education into human beings to get them at least to a point of comprehension that they understand the value of education and can go seek it out themselves, there's a country very close to South Korea I'd like you to visit

I guess you are talking about North Korea . Then i'm 100% sure they have 100% free school . All communist countries ensured free education to the population. The thing they don't have is freedom , so in terms of getting all people "educated" they have some advantages over some capitalist countries . I don't know how it is in South Korea but in Europe most countries have state funded education . For example in Romania you can basically be funded by the state up to doctorate but only if you have good grades over the years in high-school and at the baccalaureate exam. But the baccalaureate exam and high-school are shit , most are just theoretic so you aren't certified in any field , there are some that give certification but most don't , and the baccalaureate exam is just  a exam that basically should say you are up to standards. :| but it has no value whatsoever , only for those that want to go to college because the media over high-school is added to the media of the baccalaureate exam and then divided by 2 and then this media basically says if you will be funded by the state or not , if you aren't funded at the popular colleges you can be funded at the not so popular colleges , so again you are somehow pushed where you don't want to be and then you quit or you learn just enough to pass the year , and this are wasted resources. If your grades aren't high enough you have to pay ... about 2-4 medium salaries /year .The payed places are almost double than the state funded one.

In my opinion the education system should be totally funded by the state but also very flexible in the sense that education should follow the social/economic trends , leaving people choose what they want to learn and hire teachers dynamically  in accordance to demand. i think we don't need colleges and high-schools and all this steps we just need some kind of proof of knowledge in the certain fields that someone wants to work and there are some fields that don't need any kind of proof of knowledge .

What i really hate in current times is that people put way to much value on certification and now if you are certified in a field you have a minimum wage and if you aren't you have a smaller minimum wage which is totally stupid. Or businesses prefer college people (doesn't matter if in field or not) over non college and this incentives-es people to go to college doesn't matter where even if you have to pay , because you have better chances to find work , and because college teachers get money from the paying students they tend to pass them the year even if they know shit. And people know this is happening but they don't give a fuck and politicians and college profesors are happy because ... politicians aren't bugged by the professors for funds and profs get more money . So every body is kinda happy .

To me this system seems about cosmetisation for job and not about education for job.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 06:01:31 PM

edit: lol at this question coming from someone who still relies heavily on his parents for survival.

LOL @ ad hominem fallacy.
JeffK

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 10:16:15 PM

YOU ARE A WONDERFUL CONTRIBUTOR TO THESE FORUMS THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTING
NghtRppr

Activity: 504

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 01:00:40 AM

Get used to it. I'll destroy your idiotic arguments any day.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:44:53 AM

I like the way Atlas just leaves these steaming piles of thread all over the forums and then never comes back to see if there are any flies.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Fakeman

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:12:41 PM

I like the way Atlas just leaves these steaming piles of thread all over the forums and then never comes back to see if there are any flies.
It's because often a single paragraph of his pontifications is enough to blow everyone's minds.

16wEsax3GGvJmjiXCMQUWeHdgyDG5DXa2W
JeffK

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:41:45 AM

Get used to it. I'll destroy your idiotic arguments any day.

All your arguments always boil down to some awful ANARCHO-CAPITALIST statement about your magical free-market deity always providing a solution to the world's problems, and is always completely unsupported by history. Of course, you always assume every person is a robot that runs on your particular binary system of logic, which is laughable at best but kind of sad at worst, since it always reads like it is born out of a lack of contact with real people most of your life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: