Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Delete the Active Mining Thread in favor of just using Ken's announcement thread?  (Voting closed: December 19, 2013, 02:27:18 AM)
Yes, delete the Active Mining Thread, there is no useful info in it. - 29 (74.4%)
No, I find the Active Mining thread useful and gain valuable information from it. - 10 (25.6%)
Total Voters: 39

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we just delete the Active Mining Thread?  (Read 3700 times)
Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:01:20 PM

I would absolutely support the locking or archiving of the thread as it is entirely useless (for business purposes, for comedic value it's a gold mine but comedy should probably not be focus of a securities thread). If for whatever reason Ken chooses not to lock/archive the thread, changing the name from 'Official' to something more accurate would be prudent.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:47:57 PM

It's a discussion thread, not an announcement thread.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 09:28:52 PM

I would absolutely support the locking or archiving of the thread as it is entirely useless (for business purposes, for comedic value it's a gold mine but comedy should probably not be focus of a securities thread). If for whatever reason Ken chooses not to lock/archive the thread, changing the name from 'Official' to something more accurate would be prudent.

ActiveScamming is entirely useless for business/investment/mining purposes.

For comedic value, it's a gold mine.

So the thread is a very accurate representation of the security.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
arousedrhino (OP)

Activity: 347

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:39:58 PM

I like your other suggestion making it not Official, having it official means it represents Active Mining which it does so in a very poor way. Since we know Ken cannot manage the thread and the appointed moderator cannot either maybe we should just make it the Active Mining Thread and let it go unmoderated. Its not worth the moderators time to delete any posts. By the time they delete a post crumbs or VE will already have another one posted. Its like playing a never ending game of wack a mole.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:44:11 PM

Keep it open, use the ignore button and stop complaining because you have to scroll through a few pages when you have big money tied up into shit. People need to stop being lazy. "Omg but Crumbs won't stop posting!! I feel like I'm gonna die!" So many god damn cry babies on this forum man.

I like this post.

Me too.

Anyway OP, no. Deleting posts and threads is an Usagi (read: failure) tactic used by those who wish to hide, either from others or from themselves, their stupidity. They shouldn't be enabled thusly, and you certainly shouldn't take it upon yourself to do it for them. Records are for preserving and using, not for adulterating into a more palatable history.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
arousedrhino (OP)

Activity: 347

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:05:09 PM

Keep it open, use the ignore button and stop complaining because you have to scroll through a few pages when you have big money tied up into shit. People need to stop being lazy. "Omg but Crumbs won't stop posting!! I feel like I'm gonna die!" So many god damn cry babies on this forum man.

I like this post.

Me too.

Anyway OP, no. Deleting posts and threads is an Usagi (read: failure) tactic used by those who wish to hide, either from others or from themselves, their stupidity. They shouldn't be enabled thusly, and you certainly shouldn't take it upon yourself to do it for them. Records are for preserving and using, not for adulterating into a more palatable history.

If that thread is supposed to be a record then posts should never be deleted in order to preserve the history. Either allow the thread to function as a thread that is self moderated and has a full history or just delete the whole thing. A thread with deleted posts is useless to read for those that do not refresh it 20 times daily because many posts will be missing and does not represent an accurate history.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:52:49 PM

Crumbs is an amateur, with only the two cheerleaders left in the last ditch to troll.

You should have seen the reaction in August, when I sold all my ACTM shares and strongly advised everyone else to follow my example.

There were a lot more True Believers back then, before it was completely certain than LabKen is scamming, incompetent, or both.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
hak8or

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:43:23 PM

I say there be two threads per security. One being a tightly moderated thread that contains pretty much only announcements and the other being a discussion thread where crumbs and pankake and icebreaker can moan all day.

Going further, these securities should use bitmessege! That way if for whatever reason the forum goes down, we can still get information instantly from ken and other security people. We would even be able to know for sure that it is ken talking compared to someone just hacking bitcointalk (why the shit has nothing been done with the 9k BTC yet!?) and using his account. We should be pushing for decentralization, yet we still use a forum for announcements from the security people.

Actually, I might make a small summer project that automatically copies posts from major security people to bitmessege! Would anyone be interested?
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:58:16 PM

If that thread is supposed to be a record then posts should never be deleted in order to preserve the history. Either allow the thread to function as a thread that is self moderated and has a full history or just delete the whole thing. A thread with deleted posts is useless to read for those that do not refresh it 20 times daily because many posts will be missing and does not represent an accurate history.

Indeed posts should not be deletable. 'Til this basic notion manages to get a foothold however, you're pretty much stuck quoting that which you respond to.

Self-moderated threads are even more retarded an idea; if I wanted to see public discussion of X's product according to X, I'd read their diary. This is a forum.

Actually, I might make a small summer project that automatically copies posts from major security people to bitmessege! Would anyone be interested?

Who are you and what qualifies you to identify who is and who is not a "major security person"? See the problem?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:00:39 PM

The current state of AMC/VMC/AM threads is typical for the progression of a scam.

Just look at the pirate threads, or Patrick Harnett's threads, Nefario's, or tradefortress, BFL, etc, etc.

Essentially everyone can smell the rotting corpses under the pretty facade.  But a core of delusional suckers, unable to accept their losses are hanging around cheer leading, and hoping for anything that might validate their bad choices.  Around this you have an array of folks stopping by for entertainment like at any public disaster.  Then there is the group of folks warning away any naive schmucks who might wander in and become a bagholder.

It all makes for a lot of noise and light.

Is it unpleasant for those aforementioned bag holders?  I'm sure it is.  But the sooner they come around to recognizing their losses and taking honorable actions to mitigate the losses, the better it is for everyone.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:28:57 PM

Self-moderated threads are great actually. It tells "HELLO GUYS I AM A SCAMMER". But it should probably come with a big read warning on top.

Yeah, that works for people who can read and think, though such abilities mean you don't have to rely on there being a banner. Meanwhile bitfinex's self-modded thread for instance continues to spill over with the idiocy of those who lack access to your advanced and occult technologies. Speaking of which,

Essentially everyone can smell the rotting corpses under the pretty facade.

If you mean those who are essential, then yes. If you mean anyone else, then no. There's a reason this is a cycle rather than an isolated incident.

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:18:41 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 03:40:08 PM by minerpart

It's gotten to the point where ACtM can't afford to have an Official thread on bitcointalk.

The mods on here can not be trusted, and I firmly believe that the likes of crumbs and pankkake are paid either by the competition to discredit ACtM or paid by  bitcointalk itself to keep the traffic and post count high and thus make more money from sponsors. Either way it's bad for the investors confidence and really really bad for potential customers who might be put off ordering from a company with such a negative appeal on a public thread and bad for Ken as it just represents way too much time, effort and hassle.

ACtM need to move their Official thread to a site where posters can be banned for Trolling - not have their posts deleted, but banned from posting period. It would be very little work for Ken to mod such a new thread.
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:35:32 PM

Pankkake-

You are offering paid services to Troll on here, you are also blackmailing ACtM by saying you will post FUD unless you are paid daily not to do so.

You are a liar and you are a liar for money.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:44:12 PM

Again, censoring information makes you a scammer.

I'm not advocating censoring information or difficult questions or praise. And Ken has never censored any difficult questions. Infact if you see the original thread he actually restructured the company and re-wrote the IPO because of difficult questions and unhappy investors.

But I do think we can't be associating ourselves with scammers like you for much longer. Ken needs to cut his ties with Bitcointalk. This forum is a joke and can't be trusted to host the Official ACtM thread.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:46:42 PM

Please state the lies.

This isn't going to become another talking-shop for the Trolls so, shut up and stop trying to ignite a discussion. You are not welcome on here.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:00:38 AM

It's gotten to the point where ACtM can't afford to have an Official thread on bitcointalk.

The mods on here can not be trusted, and I firmly believe that the likes of crumbs and pankkake are paid either by the competition to discredit ACtM or paid by  bitcointalk itself to keep the traffic and post count high and thus make more money from sponsors. Either way it's bad for investor confidence, bad for potential customers who might be put off ordering and bad for Ken as it just represents hassle.

ACtM need to move their Official thread to a site where posters can be banned for Trolling - not have their posts deleted, but banned from posting period. It would be very little work for Ken to mod such a new thread.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Silence!  Or I detonates the nucular dron outside your windo Angry
Mods:  Hold off on toxic radiashun for now, i'm giving him one more chance...

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBM4kQEDKI/x64hwilAQFghQQAqCZ19rhNbL9dazxYXyMQfi2u98leUPL7
LTc388zmi5JUrCtw4JX/ryZD5VpfqDcdYc09M4gzMRy+iQEaAX6/EQjbRTqfib4m
CLZyLtJkDMQsH0nfjFJ+IkY8J7d/OUiYx+UrI3ndCS7TmQuKW15O2+om0LrkTzZi
1Q9FAQEdWPI=
=ta7O
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

crumbs

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:05:06 AM

Please state the lies.

This isn't going to become another talking-shop for the Trolls so, shut up and stop trying to ignite a discussion. You are not welcome on here.

No, Stuartuk.  You are not welcome here.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:11:00 AM

The Trolls are getting very excited by this thread.

That's because they have a LOT to loose by ACtM finding another home (a truely moderated one) for the Official discussion thread.

There is no solution on here for ACtM. If the company want to be taken seriously it needs to put Bitcointalk behind it.

And I think NeoBee will be doing the same too soon.

Bitcoinjoke.
crumbs

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:38:29 AM

The Trolls are getting very excited by this thread.

That's because they have a LOT to loose by ACtM finding another home (a truely moderated one) for the Official discussion thread.

There is no solution on here for ACtM. If the company want to be taken seriously it needs to put Bitcointalk behind it.

And I think NeoBee will be doing the same too soon.

Bitcoinjoke.

Stuartuk:

If there is any hope of Active Mining dragging its rancid carcass to rot in a different forum, please tell us what we can do to help.  The stench and the flies are getting to be a problem, and the neighbors are beginning to complain.
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:30:11 PM

Bump
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: