Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 05:06:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Places to look for AMD/ATI Cards?  (Read 436 times)
omgz (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:07:04 AM

Where are the places that everyone around here goes shopping for AMD / ATI cards? I'm sure there are some sites that are not watched as often that some people know about. Maybe they would be so kind as to share. Either publicly or via PM. It seems most major stores are all sold out of Radeon HD 7950s. I've seen 1 or 2 in stock over the past 2 weeks and they sold out almost instantly and were way over MSRP.

I'll list the places that I've looked over:

newegg.com
amazon.com
ebay.com
tigerdirect.com
bestbuy.com

I know those are mostly sites everyone tries. Anyone know others where they have a decent selection of high end cards?
Veloc1ty

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:26:54 AM

Good luck finding one at a decent price. The 7xxx series cards are last generation. No place would sell it cheap if it's flying off the shelves at newegg and amazon for premium prices. Even the new generation cards are going for $100+ over what they were when they came out.
DaRock

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:32:38 AM

Try shopzilla.com, it compare prices from different websites.
SomeRandomDude

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:40:43 AM

I'd simply buy them from eBay. Smiley Just take a look over there every day, you will find one.

I already have my 7950 Ice-Q since it's on the market which runs nice and is OC'ed. Doesn't overheat (only one time when I took it way too far with overclocking and mining).
Using it for scrypt and sha256 sometimes. Getting good hash rates.
Also used it for mining Bitcoin directly when I got it. Wink
(Sometimes it goes crazy for a few hours and has a random +300kh/s on scrypt for example, which it really does - no visual error, it really seems to have random "boosts". (Checked it every time if the hashing speed was recognized properly)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: