Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 06:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy  (Read 1658 times)
btcruss (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:17:25 AM

Hey Guys I started buying coins on coinbase bought my first legit coins on coinbase. Then I moved them to cryptsy. I gained .040btc from trades on my 3rd and 4th day. First day i got .010 next day .007 and then lost .016 same day. Its legit even though all the negative comments about it. So try it out and you can use my referall trade address. Don't think about it just try it...I got .092 starting from .050 in four days (learning also how to read the charts being more and more successful at it) now I added some more btc to my trade account to make more.  Wink

cryptsy: 4bae7ba0975340339bd3816f946133d93b1c6cd3

tinybike

Activity: 39
Merit: 13

Last of the freelance physicists

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 09:56:00 AM

I would be very wary of using Cryptsy -- they recently had a serious bug which allowed users to withdraw BTC from their wallets that they didn't actually have.  (Thereby subtracting them from other peoples' wallets, of course.)

Augur: a decentralized platform for prediction markets
http://www.augur.net
DFiLeR

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:28:32 AM

I'm guessing there is still no site that has anywhere near as many alts as cryptsy? I wouldn't mind playing around with a bit of alt trading but a bit wary as cryptsy seems to always be overloaded and slow from what I read on here.   

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
Sephera

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:29:33 AM

Hey Guys I started buying coins on coinbase bought my first legit coins on coinbase. Then I moved them to cryptsy. I gained .040btc from trades on my 3rd and 4th day. First day i got .010 next day .007 and then lost .016 same day. Its legit even though all the negative comments about it. So try it out and you can use my referall trade address. Don't think about it just try it...I got .092 starting from .050 in four days (learning also how to read the charts being more and more successful at it) now I added some more btc to my trade account to make more.  Wink

Please tell us more about how to trade, when to buy and when to sell. I am in AUS so I can't verify my account as I don't have a US bank account. I am trying to figure a way to get around that.
DFiLeR

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:40:53 AM

dam, i'm in Aus too but havn't even tried cryptsy yet, i guess i will have the same prob  ; /   would be interested to see how Aus people are trading??

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
tinybike

Activity: 39
Merit: 13

Last of the freelance physicists

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:53:45 AM

Please tell us more about how to trade, when to buy and when to sell. I am in AUS so I can't verify my account as I don't have a US bank account. I am trying to figure a way to get around that.

For what it's worth -- I recently used JustCoin (justcoin.com; they're a Norwegian company) to exchange USD for BTC via wire transfer.  Was relatively quick (3 days or so) and painless.  JustCoin is a pretty new company, though, so their exchanges have larger spreads than would be ideal.  Of course, once you've got BTC, you can move them to a local wallet, or to MtGox, or wherever.

Another service I've been looking into is Peercover (peercover.com), which apparently lets you use a credit card (!) to buy BTC or XRP (Ripple).  Their interface is a bit buggy at the moment, but when they're up, I imagine they're by far the easiest way to get some coins.

Augur: a decentralized platform for prediction markets
http://www.augur.net
Sephera

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:54:45 AM

dam, i'm in Aus too but havn't even tried cryptsy yet, i guess i will have the same prob  ; /   would be interested to see how Aus people are trading??

Well I'm still looking BitStamp seem ok you need to send all these documents to get verified.
infinitelink

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:07:37 AM

I would be very wary of using Cryptsy -- they recently had a serious bug which allowed users to withdraw BTC from their wallets that they didn't actually have.  (Thereby subtracting them from other peoples' wallets, of course.)

Idk, all these "OMG a software ERROR!!!!" Seem a bit overblown. These things happen with major banks too--not always where they'll even cover you after. Cryptsy has good capabilities (though I would like to see the fees fall, especially withdrawal fees) and is seeking to become a compliant entity. I think it would be wise for them to do some re-architecting of the back-end after that issue and test it from all sorts of ends, but the moral of the story (for any exchange) is probably that, if you have the option, put eggs in multiple baskets.
joeroxor

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:52:07 AM

Although cryptsy is under huge server stress, I still believe it's the best place to trade alternative crypto.

Social Media & PR @ BitOrca | Contact: joe.r0x0r@gmail.com | Twitter | Wallet Addresses
Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrcaOrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!
Sephera

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 11:55:26 AM

It's like minefield out there.

I think I will venture into BitStamp.
bgman

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:00:28 PM

I used Cryptsy during the middle of the night and all of my transactions occurred within the hour so I think its just a traffic problem.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:03:09 PM

Newbie warning: You are NOT guaranteed to make money off of altcoin day trading

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:47:11 PM

I am in AUS so I can't verify my account as I don't have a US bank account. I am trying to figure a way to get around that.

For Australians the best way to get bitcoins is coinjar.com. I've been using them for the last couple of months and they've been flawless.

From there you can transfer your btc over to cryptsy and start trading.

Welcome to crypto currencies and happy trading Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:02:14 PM

I'm guessing there is still no site that has anywhere near as many alts as cryptsy? I wouldn't mind playing around with a bit of alt trading but a bit wary as cryptsy seems to always be overloaded and slow from what I read on here.  

maybe you can try

https://www.coins-e.com

or

https://vircurex.com/

Fozy

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:11:36 PM

First of all, be wary of anyone who's strongly endorsing Cryptsy.  It's not a terrible company, but I can think of few compliments. Technically speaking, they clearly have a weak system architecture and I fear they won't be able to scale-up their current system to meet demand.  They've got serious growing pains in their future.    

I've been using Cryptsy for about three weeks.  I chose Cryptsy because I wanted to use an exchange that was based in the US so I would have legal recourse if the event things got sketchy.  Cryptsy is based in FL,  so they've got that going for them-- but that's about it.  My experience with their site has been varied.  I know that they have had a big increase in traffic over the last few weeks and the site hasn't been able to handle it.  They lost 5000 QRK when I attempted to sell at a record high price.  The QRK was gone, it just disappeared for 4+ days.  Their customer service was nonexistent.  I fixed the problem (inadvertently) myself after I bought 10 more QRK a few days later.  

One good thing about Cryptsy is they have 93 or so markets to trade in.  Some altcoins can only be found on one or two exchanges and Cryptsy seems to have a good selection.

The good about Cryptsy: they (probably) won't steal your money.  The bad: everything else.

There seem to be few credible, quality options.  

javilico88

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:12:01 PM

Cryptsy is very slow..  Huh
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:16:18 PM

Cryptsy is a nice site and has the potentials to be really profitable if you are a really good trader or can predict the movement of alt-currencies. though you shouldn't advertise your id like this (though I have no issue with that).
Authentic

1FRpXqj6kedknh5uNpdo8FS3U49XJPJJy1

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:34:31 PM

Yes, and there are problems with people losing coins while trying to trade.

silvermetal

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:52:13 PM

I have made some nice profits with Cryptsy  Smiley
It is not a site for daytraders I think, but more for an investment on the long term.
Have seen many crypto's going up x10 in 2-3 weeks.

ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:06:58 PM

Just double check the daily reports we get here about users complaining Cryptsy balance stolen/Cryptsy password stolen.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: