Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:03:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: are u a technical analyst?  (Read 479 times)
lushlife (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:30:15 AM

I want to learn more about technical analysis, is there a specific way to use it? or a specific chart that fits to its use? give tips and advice, thanks!
MaidaKalani

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:25:25 AM

Methods of Bitcoin Technical Analysis

To analyze Bitcoin technical differ from fundamental analysis, Bitcoin's technical method relies more on monitoring of prices already displayed on the chart.
For technicalists (chartist) use a practical way of detecting historical data on price charts, with a variety of analysis tools to gain better understanding and prediction.
For those who use technical analysis, a Bitcoin trader can know where the direction of the trend direction of important movements in price, market sentiment.

Methods of Bitcoin Technical Analysis to consider in Bitcoin trading:

1.Market displays everything.
Whether it's past, present, or in the future, everything is already listed on the chart.
For the case of Bitcoin, the calculated variables are demand in the previous time, present, and future, as well as regulatory changes that may affect the value of Bitcoin prices.
For now the current price clearly shows all the information that a technical trader needs to take a position.

2.The price movement is not entirely random.
because it usually follows a trend that is formed in the short term or long term.
Once created a price trend will tend to follow the pattern, which is why traders always try to estimate the best trends possible.
The better they can know the direction and strength, the greater the profitability they can accumulate.

3. 'What' is more important than 'Why'.
The technicalists tend to focus on what can be analyzed on the chart rather than figuring out the reasons behind the price changes on the chart.

4.History always repeats.
Based on this principle all the assumption that the psychology of the market is actually very easy to guess.
The proof can be seen from the common behavior of most traders when prices move in a pattern or at certain levels.
sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:35:46 AM

I only used technical analysis for day trading but for the long term trading i prefer to use fundamental analysis. Technical analysis not really work in crypto because the price bullish and bearish according to fundamental of each coins. The price of crypto possible to going up more than 10 times just in amonth, so in this case this is because that coin has strong fundamental. Every trader should be understanding technical and fundamental analysis to predict the price of crypto.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:18:30 PM

Combination of few indicators may be a good way to predict patterns, but I gave up trading after realizing that the crypto market mostly runs on emotion. It will be very hard to predict such a market for a day trader or one must really keep his emotions and excitement under check or use some trading bot Cheesy Cheesy
nanasei

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:47:35 PM

I enjoy reading charts when it confirms speculations and fundamental news about a coin.To be a good analyst is to read a candlestick raw without any technical indicators. If later you become proficient then you add indicators like moving average, oscillator and rsi
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:50:27 PM

A great youtube channel is ''thechartguys'' extremely helpful channel, I have been following it for a good amount of time and the guy is very accurate with his analysis, I made a really good amount of money  being patient and waiting for his big signals and it works most of the times.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:22:04 AM

Technical analysis will help to decide best price to entry and out from the market, and this usefull for day trading and longterm trading, but sometimes TA does not work in crypto , and actually the price of crypto according to the fundamental of the project. Every trader use different way to use TA, and i personal only use candlestick pattern and price pattern with maximum 3 different indikator.

atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:19:29 AM

i wrote another post about this you may would find helpful.. we were discussing if technical analysis was useful or not, i put some things i like vs dont like, and weight how useful I feel it is.

Do you believe in the reliability of information obtained by technical analysis on crypto-currency market?

TL:DR Yes and No.. it depends on the coin..and even if it helps.. common sense and avoiding emotional trading like fomo/fud/greed will take you alot further, especially as a noobie.

I do believe fundamental technical analysis works but only when other traders use it as a basis too... I think BTC/USD for example has high enough volume and enough millionaires/professionals where'd they'd all basically see the same indicators and tools giving them buy and sell signals so it becomes sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.. If you day trade BTC or ETH/USD, fibonacci levels or "just under" seem to play out very well with entry and exit points.. larger broader trades using moving averages and ichi cloud seem to follow stock indicators atleast in a general sense.

The problem with alt coins and btc/eth pairs is when you use technical analysis with these. there tends to be an extra moving part.. because the volatility of the alt coin also primarily goes up and down vs the price of the coin you're purchasing with.. which is often not found in traditional technical analysis since the price of traditional currency is way less volatile.  Any TA can fall apart in seconds if BTC is bull running or dropping.. so the only real way to really use TA in these types of markets is to use it to judge what BTC/USD is going to do, and use that as the primary buy and sell indicator of your favorite alt coins.  You can have a lot of success in alt coins I feel if you can move to BTC fast enough based off of things you see through technical analysis on the BTC chart, because you're moving one step ahead of the best revolving position...Think BTC won't break 9200 USD and we'lll spiral down to 6000 USD again or lower? You could move to USDT to buy BTC at that price again and alts will be waiting for you 50% off.. so the risk you take could net you 50%+ gains just reaching the correction price.. which is the safest of all sell zones to reach again (any price thats happened in the past will be exponentially more likely to be reached again over speculative all time highs).

Anyways.. as far as BTC TA (or even alt coins TA, but  ALWAYS have BTC/USD Bitfinex on tradingview open while trading alts at all times so youre monitoring what the king is doing to help/hurt your trade's cause).. I try not to overcomplicate my predictions.. (breaking supports for profit - See Quickfingers Luc youtube videos this guy explains safe buying zones using nothing but resistance support for basic day trading, really good)

Ones I find useful

Moving Averages on the Day Chart (50/100/200 Day) - I value this one the highest.. its simple, and allows at a glance of scanning coins what has pulled back enough from runups that may be worth looking at if other indicators seem positive
Fibonacci retracements for buy and sell zones (just ideas on where to look for resistance levels to take profit, always leave the areas a bit lower, since everyone uses these to sell as zones, hence the more who use TA, the more of a self fulfilling propechy it becomes.
Bollinger Bands (sometimes I use these just to see how tightly wound things are getting when trying to break out from descending wedges/bull flags/etc.
MACD and RSI (just a quick indicator to pair with others to confirm the information the other indicators are showing me)
Ichimoku Cloud - Love seeing the overhead resistances and when on bull runs if its starting to fall flat.. this indicator isn't good on its own but like using with others.

Things I don't find useful:
Elliot Wave Theory - I can certainly appreciate the concept and I think overall the general concept of any 1-5 wave will lead to an ABC correction in a general sense is good, but as a predictive price to buy or sell at, it seems way too optomistic 99 times out of 100 to me.  When chasing coins on a pullback however I do wait for the confirmed C pattern to form.. the problem is large runups can lead to a very long C extension (especially when paired to BTC acting up) so its just best to wait for confirmed reversal pattern over trying to buy based off of the measurement of C.
RSI alone - alot of people use RSI alone for whatever reason which I don't feel is a good idea.. it can in a general sense  show if something is overbought or oversold, but something can rally oversold for days or weeks..btc in 2017 is a good example... if you sell when something is overbought or buy when its oversold, youre gonna miss alot of the tops of runups and get cut by the falling knife as it just becomes even more oversolid.. wait for other indicators to confirm what the RSI is telling you.

Anyways I do find some of the tools useful, but like all things nothing is always a perfect science.  Even if you think TA is complete garbage.. use common sense when trading.. do not buy things in parabolic runups and dont buy coins all at once price (make sure to ladder into positions so you cost average.. and YES sometimes that means you will miss some of the bottom).  At the end of the day I think TA can help you min/max your results with some practice.. but most of the gains comes from using common sense... buy low sell high and not fomoing or getting too greedy or panicking.  If you are a new person work on managing your emotions and common sense first then work on perfecting your TA later.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:58:35 AM

I want to learn more about technical analysis, is there a specific way to use it? or a specific chart that fits to its use? give tips and advice, thanks!
A lot of ways to learn more about technical analysis and the indicators that you will be use will depend on your strategy. Know first how to use indicators and how to read candle sticks though its hard to trade with cryptocurrency because of its volatility but I think it can still help you on your trading.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:57:40 AM

For the first question usually technical analysis is used to know when you should buy and sell a coin/or any type of asset you are trading. For the charts it actually depends on the market and what type of trader are you. Usully in the crypto currency market 1 day and below are used. On stocks I used 1 day, 1 week and 1 month.

How to learn it you can download Ebooks or watch in youtube, you can watch technical analysis even if what they are using is not the crypto currency market. THe concept is actually the same.
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:49:27 PM

Technical analysis is a vast subject and it is totally different from the fundamental analysis. Technical analysis can be mastered easily by focusing on practical experiments and not by theory lessons because here you should be focusing on practising sessions which involves everything from Strategies, Money Management, Emotions & Discipline, Trade plan, Journal, etc.For learning Technical analysis i would recommend you to go through the websites like Udemy, Teacheron, Chegg where many trainers and Good traders are there to guide and teach us the technical analysis in the good way. Apart from these there are also few reputed traders who are giving training workshops on technical analysis on their websites, just google it.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:26:12 PM

Technical analysis is very important to succeed in trading cryptocurrencies. I think the some tools that are used for technical analysis are
1. On-balance volume indicator (OBV) to measure the positive and negative flow of volume in security over time.
2. One of the most commonly used indicators to determine the money flow  in and out of a security is the accumulation line (A/D line)
3. The Average direction index (ADX) is a trend indicator used to measure the strength and momentum of a trend. When the ADX is above 40, the trend is considered to have a lot of directional strength, either up or down, depending on the direction the price is moving.
4. Relative Strength Index (RSI) compares the magnitude of recent gains to recent losses to see if an asset is oversold or overbought.
Onyx0

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:58:42 PM

Combination of few indicators may be a good way to predict patterns, but I gave up trading after realizing that the crypto market mostly runs on emotion. It will be very hard to predict such a market for a day trader or one must really keep his emotions and excitement under check or use some trading bot Cheesy Cheesy
It doesn’t run on emotions. You have got it wrong or might you be disappointed with your performance and now you don’t want to take risks. Better is to check your interest, if that comes in wavelength with bitcoin and trading or investing, go for it and keep our emotions under control but if that doesn’t come in it, just leave. But don’t blame it for no solid reason behind.
apityeh71

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:47:35 AM

I think all trader who want to start crypto trading is should be learn about TA, because TA help to understanding about price action. To learn it we have to open account in coinigy, tradingview or cryptrade. TA will work better in day or long term trading in crypto that has high volume and high marketcap.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:32:49 AM

I think all trader who want to start crypto trading is should be learn about TA, because TA help to understanding about price action. To learn it we have to open account in coinigy, tradingview or cryptrade. TA will work better in day or long term trading in crypto that has high volume and high marketcap.
Every traders must know how to use indicators, and traders really do Technical analysis because this is the only way to make profit in trading. You just don't buy low and sell high you must know when it will happen, and TA will help you on that. Try to read books about TA, its very easy to understand you just need more time for that.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 03:42:44 AM

Technical analysis is basic of trading so veryone that want to become a trader should be has knowledge about it. And usually technical anaysis will more accurate in times frame higher like 4 hours and daily timeframe. To learn technical analysis is not necesary to understanding all kind of indikator, good TA is only use 2 or 3 different indikator, and TA that more accurate is price pattern and candle stick pattern.

raider150shifter

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:15:05 AM

Technical analysis is more suitable in short-term trading strategies,
Here's a great compilation of tutorial videos,
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH5Y2iK9-3frhIUAcXGpsEheQ7yvrwJrF
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:40:55 AM

Every traders must know how to use indicators, and traders really do Technical analysis because this is the only way to make profit in trading. You just don't buy low and sell high you must know when it will happen, and TA will help you on that. Try to read books about TA, its very easy to understand you just need more time for that.
Correct, at least a basic on how to read TA will be really good. I personally used tradingview to help me do my analysis and guide me not just for bitcoins but other coins as well. And then as you grow and have enough experience under your belt, then you progress and do more complicated TA. Some says that TA is bullshit, they have a point because there are times that TA is not applicable in this market because its very volatile. But I advise people to learn it as well to help you make that one final decision that will have a effect on your life in the future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
cryptosfr

Activity: 89
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:28:55 AM

You  need to  learn TA basics , to understand it  really well and to pratice it a lot ( with demostration account  on forex for exemple )  I m  learning  trading  until  one year and  im still in  demo account  cause  my trading  is not  good  enough . its like a  marathon ,  or  competition . Of  course  you need  to like  charts ^^   cause you gonna  spend  lot of time  behind  charts ^^
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:04:02 AM

You  need to  learn TA basics , to understand it  really well and to pratice it a lot ( with demostration account  on forex for exemple )  I m  learning  trading  until  one year and  im still in  demo account  cause  my trading  is not  good  enough . its like a  marathon ,  or  competition . Of  course  you need  to like  charts ^^   cause you gonna  spend  lot of time  behind  charts ^^

Yeah a lot of chart reading and analysis. Not all people are comfortable with that, me included. Amd learning how to read graphs and charting doesn't always give you an advantage since movement a lot of times are pretty random.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: