Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: are u a technical analyst?  (Read 479 times)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:19:05 AM

You  need to  learn TA basics , to understand it  really well and to pratice it a lot ( with demostration account  on forex for exemple )  I m  learning  trading  until  one year and  im still in  demo account  cause  my trading  is not  good  enough . its like a  marathon ,  or  competition . Of  course  you need  to like  charts ^^   cause you gonna  spend  lot of time  behind  charts ^^

Yeah a lot of chart reading and analysis. Not all people are comfortable with that, me included. Amd learning how to read graphs and charting doesn't always give you an advantage since movement a lot of times are pretty random.

Chart reading could be very confusing in the beginning, but its very important if you want to become trader, its true even you are expert in reading chart and expert in analysis the outcome still can be different, but the TA could decrease the risk and give the trader a better look in the market situation, TA is a very important thing for traders
brightMan

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:43:08 AM

You  need to  learn TA basics , to understand it  really well and to pratice it a lot ( with demostration account  on forex for exemple )  I m  learning  trading  until  one year and  im still in  demo account  cause  my trading  is not  good  enough . its like a  marathon ,  or  competition . Of  course  you need  to like  charts ^^   cause you gonna  spend  lot of time  behind  charts ^^

Yeah a lot of chart reading and analysis. Not all people are comfortable with that, me included. Amd learning how to read graphs and charting doesn't always give you an advantage since movement a lot of times are pretty random.
If there is learning, there would be growth. One can never be profitable in any case scenario if he is not able to get more technical aspects. When you don’t learn the technicalities of something, you are hollow and be sure hollow things always sounds bad. Make sure that you are learning from different resources and then implementing this in technical analysis.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:29:16 PM

You  need to  learn TA basics , to understand it  really well and to pratice it a lot ( with demostration account  on forex for exemple )  I m  learning  trading  until  one year and  im still in  demo account  cause  my trading  is not  good  enough . its like a  marathon ,  or  competition . Of  course  you need  to like  charts ^^   cause you gonna  spend  lot of time  behind  charts ^^

Chart reading could be very confusing in the beginning, but its very important if you want to become trader, its true even you are expert in reading chart and expert in analysis the outcome still can be different, but the TA could decrease the risk and give the trader a better look in the market situation, TA is a very important thing for traders
Having the knowledge of technical analysis is absolutely one thing that a trader can never do without, because without it, you are going to end up getting screwed big time anyway. Depending on the style of trading you are going for, either the long term or short term, it makes a lot of sense to know what you are doing and how you want to be going with those strategies you have learned.

As long as you are trader, the buy and hold comes for long term trading, so trying to combine in with day trading, is actually not sensible when you can just stick with one alone. Technical analysis alone will not get us big profits as one of my friend always prefer trading against trend but using technical analysis, so far in my observation, he is not successful.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:36:51 PM

This uncontrolled market reacts to news quite quickly and if that happens all our chart readings need to re-study. So those technical analyses surely help to choose a good coin to invest but it is not so easy to get all the latest news instantly and follow accordingly. So you should be careful and watch market movements very carefully and sometimes need to book some losses to avoid huge losses. All these things easy to say but implementing is quite hard as per my personal experience.
TheReverend

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:52:57 PM

i think even if you are pro technical analysis,your analysis will not be 100% correct, because fundamental analysis is needed too
but it's better than not using analysis at all.
pobeditelvezde

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:20:33 PM

The technical analysis may be useful in some kind of market analysis but I do not think that the technical analysis is quite useful for analysing the crypto market because the crypto market is a nw market. Using the technical analysis on the crypto market is not so useful because there is not so enough historical date to male a correct analysis and the crypto market is a market with the small capitalization that causes any market manipulations which is not taken into account in the technical analysis.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:01:38 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 09:33:25 PM by Zocadas

Technical analysis doesn't provide any indicator to predict the price movements with an accuracy of over 50%. The best is, to look behind the cryptocurrencies. Which project is connected to the cryptos, do they have the potential to stay alive and are they useful also for the "real world" business, who is behind the project and so on. If you see a serious project, there will most likely be a bull market on middle and long term.
Ourplealis

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:49:37 AM

I think that a person can become expert and can even become a good analyst slowly and gradually, he just need to study the market regularly and give full attention to his trading and should also take suggestions from experts.
Aion2n

Activity: 700
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:10:35 PM

To begin with, just study the technical analysis, the figures of technical analysis, indicators. Just accumulate information. Periodically read the reviews, where they try to predict the price movement (but do not use them for your own transactions). Your task is to evaluate which assumptions were correct and then look at what indicators it was calculated. Over time, you will learn how to combine indicators for your own assumptions.
But never forget about the fundamental analysis. Also, any deal must take into account the news background. On the crypto market, news has a very strong impact on the price.
BariaczRoni

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:18:27 AM

If you are a novice I recommend using Youtube, it has a lot of video about trading. Youtube provides basic trading guides such as market analysis, chart, coin, etc. Along with these illustrative examples are easy to understand.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:55:18 AM

If you are a novice I recommend using Youtube, it has a lot of video about trading. Youtube provides basic trading guides such as market analysis, chart, coin, etc. Along with these illustrative examples are easy to understand.

Thats true. I am not a technical analyst and  I have zero knowledge of these technical analysis when I started trading cryptocurrencies. I learn from here, from postings and advises, links being shared and from personal expereinces of fellow traders here. I too surfing information from youtube and interent. If you have the desire to learn, and eager and passionate enough to learn things  I think youll get want  you want.
bitamedge

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:38:05 PM

I don't have tips on how to make a chart to analyze coin prices. What I do to analyze prices is the usual annual cycle. If I notice the crypto market will usually go down in the middle of the year. That is it. So I never get panicked if the market is falling.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:52:00 PM

Technical analysis doesn't provide any indicator to predict the price movements with an accuracy of over 50%. The best is, to look behind the cryptocurrencies. Which project is connected to the cryptos, do they have the potential to stay alive and are they useful also for the "real world" business, who is behind the project and so on. If you see a serious project, there will most likely be a bull market on middle and long term.

Actually in some cases TA is very accurate. It won't tell you the exact moment when the price goes up or down, but it will tell you that a correction is due. Take the recent week.
The RSI was showing BTC as overbought right when it went over 7000 USD and that was the moment to sell if you were following TA. It somehow managed to bounce back from 6800 and go up, even though it should've corrected more, so that was a moment of uncertainty where you shouldn't trade, and of course we had a flash crash shortly after.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:27:59 PM

Actually in some cases TA is very accurate. It won't tell you the exact moment when the price goes up or down, but it will tell you that a correction is due. Take the recent week.
The RSI was showing BTC as overbought right when it went over 7000 USD and that was the moment to sell if you were following TA. It somehow managed to bounce back from 6800 and go up, even though it should've corrected more, so that was a moment of uncertainty where you shouldn't trade, and of course we had a flash crash shortly after.
Been using up TA when i do start up on trading even though not all the times these analysis or tools are precise and accurate but as you said there are really times that these can really save you up on a possible missed profits but these are only applicable when doing shorting but as we all know volatility can anytime break those TA in no time and its no surprise for a very unpredictable and volatile market.Im not an analyst but i do able to read up some technical tools since i do have already idea since im a forex trader on previous years when im not still on crypto.

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:19:41 PM

I want to learn more about technical analysis, is there a specific way to use it? or a specific chart that fits to its use? give tips and advice, thanks!
In trading, technical analysis play a significant role on the ways you make successful trade.  I used technical analysis to know the right time to open a position and the right time to close one. I will advise you to open account with trading site that allowed demo or practising account and try to practice used each technical indicators and before you know you will become perfect in using them to your advantage.
Andrey13101991

Activity: 551

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:05:32 PM

During trading on a crypto exchange, it is necessary to take into account the results of technical and fundamental analysis. Only in tandem they will give a good result.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:40:02 PM

Methods of Bitcoin Technical Analysis

To analyze Bitcoin technical differ from fundamental analysis, Bitcoin's technical method relies more on monitoring of prices already displayed on the chart.
For technicalists (chartist) use a practical way of detecting historical data on price charts, with a variety of analysis tools to gain better understanding and prediction.
For those who use technical analysis, a Bitcoin trader can know where the direction of the trend direction of important movements in price, market sentiment.

Methods of Bitcoin Technical Analysis to consider in Bitcoin trading:

1.Market displays everything.
Whether it's past, present, or in the future, everything is already listed on the chart.
For the case of Bitcoin, the calculated variables are demand in the previous time, present, and future, as well as regulatory changes that may affect the value of Bitcoin prices.
For now the current price clearly shows all the information that a technical trader needs to take a position.

2.The price movement is not entirely random.
because it usually follows a trend that is formed in the short term or long term.
Once created a price trend will tend to follow the pattern, which is why traders always try to estimate the best trends possible.
The better they can know the direction and strength, the greater the profitability they can accumulate.

3. 'What' is more important than 'Why'.
The technicalists tend to focus on what can be analyzed on the chart rather than figuring out the reasons behind the price changes on the chart.

4.History always repeats.
Based on this principle all the assumption that the psychology of the market is actually very easy to guess.
The proof can be seen from the common behavior of most traders when prices move in a pattern or at certain levels.

Good considerations mate; however, as much as those criteria could be good indicators, you can't always bet on it that it will happen because the cryptocurrency market is always changing and it changes quite fast. Therefore, to me, check on what's happening around the market regularly, not only basing on news or trends. You should also check how the market is moving in terms of how the coins, not only the ones you have, but a majority of them is moving. At least, that way, you can get a feel of how the market is moving in general, which can help you decide on your future moves.
Sereda_Rostislav

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:01:01 PM

I recommend to study tools for technical analysis such as: Fibonacci correction levels, historical levels, trend lines. Very help to visualize the picture.
Rexxxem

Activity: 368

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:26:54 PM

You can start with babypips and learn the basics for free. After that check "Charting financial markets" by Murphy, it's more comprehensive and solid material
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:39:53 AM

I want to learn more about technical analysis, is there a specific way to use it? or a specific chart that fits to its use? give tips and advice, thanks!
Technical analysis is a very deep subject, we cannot cover enough of it in just a few posts, there are thousands of books out there that you can read and learn a lot of information, the only thing that I will say to you is that you find an author you feel comfortable with, also make an honest assessment of who you are and decide what kind of trader you want to become.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: