Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:47:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MYTHS OF ICOS  (Read 308 times)
Surrapatt

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:28:44 PM

I never thought about the myth as described in this article, only when someone promotes ico through my personal message I have never participated, and thanks for this very useful article.
Ciucas

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 04:34:32 PM

Great article ! I also felt that the newbies entering the crypto market can be scared by all the myths that are present here. However, they should be careful because some of these myths are not completely false, there is some truth in them.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:34:44 PM

Nobody should get high here on ICOs, myths or not. They truly aren't what they seem. Most times the developers don't even stick to the WP or the Roadmap. I ain't even talking about the inherent scams and of devs absconding with investors' hard earned money. Myth unveiled or not, people should tread carefully with ICOs.
This is correct, even if you exclude the scams, the behavior of the developers even on legitimate icos leave a lot to be desired, there are many developers that do not communicate in a timely fashion with their investors, I know that they are busy and that they cannot answer every question every day since they have work to do, but it is not that hard to take half an hour every week to answer to questions and criticism about the project, but they do not do that and that is why many people lose faith in the project and sell their coins for a loss because even a legitimate ico may seem like a scam by the behavior of the developers.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:33:35 PM

The most popular myths among the seven points are number one, "most or all the ICO's are scams" I can't even count the threads created here to discuss that all the ICO's are scams and it will be ended or useless anytime soon, people don't let the greed crawl into your pockets to invest on an ICO, newbies tend to bite to those gimmicks, high return of investments for just a short period of time without any proof of sources of income is a suspicious scam.

Jay Jay crypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:37:07 PM

Myths and misinformation abound when it comes to GDPR, but here are some facts ... Office (ICO) is keen to quash some of the more outlandish myths that have been swirling around.
WAKKOCAI

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:25:42 AM

I think that companies pay some people who just write positive feedback and ISO statements from different accounts. We should be really careful with ICO.

ekdahlswart

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:22:24 AM

Nice Info. There are many myth and miss information about ICO right now and sometime I afraid to invest in ICO but it's answer all my doubts. BTW Medium it's the best website to get some cryptonews or knowledge.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:57:30 AM

You really cannot blame people believing in these myths about ICOs. The truth still remains that a lot of people will be very wary from now on because even though a lot of ICOs have been good and still good, we cannot deny the fact that the number of scam ICOs in the market has increased in the last couple of years and a lot of people have lost money to them.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
charly1987

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:11:53 PM

Will definitely use it!
before---dawn

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:36:54 PM

I wonder why some people spread these myths... People will do everything for money.

Glad that you opened my eyes to this!
keung0109

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:43:37 PM

This is a good article dispelling crypto myths too: https://medium.com/algebraix-data/five-common-crypto-myths-torn-asunder-f7149a5e3d73
marydarli

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:00:40 PM

Verasity is a disruptive Video Sharing platform designed to change the existing online video ecosystem. New Expert Advisors Join Verasity: Meet SangJin Hong and Christopher Keshian

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: