Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:59:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp  (Read 1168 times)
Sephera (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:36:19 AM

Please give me your impressions with Bitstamp, are they safe and reliable for trading?
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:39:25 AM

Relatively speaking yes, good interface

Moving btc out is better and easier than Gox and most other exchanges

Moving fiat in is the standard amount of pain

Sephera (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:45:45 AM

They seem reliable haven't really seen anyone complain about a hacked bitstamp or other scams.
laudub

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:53:09 PM

Please give me your impressions with Bitstamp, are they safe and reliable for trading?

Does anyone know which percentage of their bitcoins Bitstamp is keeping in cold storage?

In case of an inputs.io-like SNAFU, which % of your coins do you think you'll see back?

Also... When an exchange like that get owned (as obviously happens once in a while) and see their bitcoins stolen, will they use your account balance in EUR / USD to reimburse everybody?

(btw I opened an account there and scanned my driving license and an utility bill and I'm now verified)
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:22:39 PM

they're pretty safe, so far I haven't heard that someone complained about them Smiley
they're a leading exchanger along with MtGox so spot on Wink

pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:26:21 PM

They have probably the least complains in this forum out of all the exchanges. I guess that says something  Tongue

Authentic

1FRpXqj6kedknh5uNpdo8FS3U49XJPJJy1

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:38:49 PM

I think so. It's one of the very few Bitcoin companies I'd currently trust.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:02:53 PM

So far, from the feedback here for the past 3-4 months, Bitstamp seems to be more reliable as compared to Mt Gox and BTC-E. Just keep it in mind that they are based in Slovenia.
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:14:11 PM

So far, from the feedback here for the past 3-4 months, Bitstamp seems to be more reliable as compared to Mt Gox and BTC-E. Just keep it in mind that they are based in Slovenia.
So what?
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:24:27 PM

Agreed, I'm very active in newbie area, but have never seen a single complaint against Bitstamp. Keep seeing bad reviews about MT.gox and btc-e every other day.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:36:12 PM

So what?

This might explain.... perhaps.

If an EU bail out occurs then that means agreeing to tough banking regulation terms.
Sephera (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 03:45:44 PM

I'm worried that they might be building up alot of good will and trust. Then one day bang, they hack and pack up and go.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

I'm worried that they might be building up alot of good will and trust. Then one day bang, they hack and pack up and go.

At least the person who is running the exchange is well known.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:29:40 PM

At least the person who is running the exchange is well known.

Is his real identity known? Can you give me some info on him?

The real identity of the person who ran Litecoinglobal was also known. But in the end everyone lost money in that also.
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:01:56 PM

So what?

This might explain.... perhaps.

If an EU bail out occurs then that means agreeing to tough banking regulation terms.
Oh! That's not good news!
_____
I thought that you had problems with Slovenia because it's an eastern European country. Mistrust against those countries are still common (at least where I live).
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:31:05 PM

Also... When an exchange like that get owned (as obviously happens once in a while) and see their bitcoins stolen, will they use your account balance in EUR / USD to reimburse everybody?

Very likely. I doubt they are keeping people deposits separate from their business expenses. So they basicaly hope not everyone request withdraws of entire ballances at the same time
codegeek

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:33:28 PM

Other than a paper wallet in your pocket, nothing is 'safe'. As far as websites go, these guys are one of the better places to go at the moment.
nate008

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:08:50 AM

Other than a paper wallet in your pocket, nothing is 'safe'. As far as websites go, these guys are one of the better places to go at the moment.

Nothing is perfectly safe anywhere.
Even your paper wallet could get lost , you might drop it , it can get soak somebody could steal it from you.
There is no perfect way in which to hold your coins , and there is no perfect way in which to hold anything of value.
gooryheta

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:12:43 AM

Nothing is perfectly safe anywhere.
Even your paper wallet could get lost , you might drop it , it can get soak somebody could steal it from you.
There is no perfect way in which to hold your coins , and there is no perfect way in which to hold anything of value.

This I have to agree, but paper wallets is the most secure one if done right

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
emilia79

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:24:37 AM

/bad for identification documents/

My friend had problems when they requested his identity card scans. As allowed in their ToS/conditions, we'd put a gradient watermark on them in the areas with no information.
This was in case of a major leak/hack, to avoid the misuse of the documents.

They refused them systematically, even with transparent watermarks, citing their own ToS !!!

So we went elsewhere.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: