Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:01:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies: 40 Scamcoins for you to avoid  (Read 14462 times)
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:34:52 PM

You may not realized it yet, but Phenixcoin became Phoenixcoin and is actualy quite scam-free now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
extortion (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:39:50 PM

You may not realized it yet, but Phenixcoin became Phoenixcoin and is actualy quite scam-free now!

yes this list needs an updating for sure. now we have the most egregious scam coins like AUR coin and Darkcoin. the alt community is a hotbed for scamming it seems.

Extortion. We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:58:59 PM

yes this list needs an updating for sure. now we have the most egregious scam coins like AUR coin and Darkcoin. the alt community is a hotbed for scamming it seems.

now you are back you can remove ADT Smiley

extortion (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:09:25 AM

i gotta handit to you zackclark70, you really proved me wrong. hopefully more devs can be like you and support their scams, i mean coins.

Extortion. We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:12:52 AM

i gotta handit to you zackclark70, you really proved me wrong. hopefully more devs can be like you and support their scams, i mean coins.

before I wasn't the lead dev so I didn't get a huge say on what was done now that I have taken over things will all be done right !

extortion (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:03:24 AM

New updates, with everyones favorite scam coins on the list.

peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:51:35 AM

darkcoin = racist coin?

I LoL ed here.

its called darkcoin because of its anonymity.

it has a function called dark-send (which is in beta stages currently)

makes the transactions somewhat invisible (mostly incredibly hard and painful to trace)
rockstar888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:04:38 AM

pretty accurate
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:10:47 AM

darkcoin = racist coin?

I LoL ed here.

makes the transactions somewhat invisible (mostly incredibly hard and painful to trace)

I thought the same.. darkcoin is one of the best coins out there at that time
rockstar888

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:14:00 AM

Darkcoin will get cracked down so hard by the FED, it will go Dark with 1 day's notice.

lol
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:23:11 AM

New updates, with everyones favorite scam coins on the list.

Looking through the list must say I don't disagree, though a few I'd be even harsher on. I trade alot of coins yet none on your list comes on my radar.
bitalkpl

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:36:28 PM

I think Mintcoin is pretty cool  Roll Eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btWMzlhOlnY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wgEKyh7CTQ

barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:18:33 PM

darkcoin = racist coin?

I LoL ed here.

I thought the same.. darkcoin is one of the best coins out there at that time

+1! remove it from the list, since the reason behind it is really dumb and NOT researched well enough... matter of fact... How the hell can I take this list seriously when you dont do good enough research. Oh! and I made a nice profit on almost half of your coins in the list LOL.. Cheesy
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:43:07 PM

Nobody should take this list seriously. Yes, there are junkcoins on it. I wouldn't suggest in investing in most of them. But it's selective, based on biases of the OP. The fact Darkcoin is on it due to it being 'racist' is enough to tell you the list has little merit.

I found this one amusing:
25. Collosuscoin--Developed by a scammer, who is the developer of 99% of all scams on this board. who once developed many scam coins but finally stopped to pursue more noble means of revenue. Still can't trust the muddafudda as far as you could throw em.

Muddafudda -- also know as the originator of the shitcoin killing group. I am sure he has no ulterior motives.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:01:22 PM

Nobody should take this list seriously. Yes, there are junkcoins on it. I wouldn't suggest in investing in most of them. But it's selective, based on biases of the OP. The fact Darkcoin is on it due to it being 'racist' is enough to tell you the list has little merit.
I wouldn't go as far as this. Darkcoin as racist is obvious nonsense, but I'd rather see the OP being corrected with our help, than outright dismiss it.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:06:32 PM

I wouldn't go as far as this. Darkcoin as racist is obvious nonsense, but I'd rather see the OP being corrected with our help, than outright dismiss it.

If people want to make a list of good or bad coins (which I believe was attempted already with that white list thread), I'm all for it.

Look at the trust rating of the OP. And he is using a puppet account, where his other puppet may be even more shady. He's not the one people really want making any list.

Yep, there are scam/shit coins on his list. But you could randomly choose coins and probably 90% would be considered shitcoins.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:09:31 PM

Good list but i thing that there is more scam n crappy coins on market. Maybe considering expand list to 50 perhaps?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

tendend

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:10:37 PM

Why are you so mad OP  Roll Eyes
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

If people want to make a list of good or bad coins (which I believe was attempted already with that white list thread), I'm all for it.

Look at the trust rating of the OP. And he is using a puppet account, where his other puppet may be even more shady. He's not the one people really want making any list.

Yep, there are scam/shit coins on his list. But you could randomly choose coins and probably 90% would be considered shitcoins.
Yes, I get it, 2 initiatives to clean out "scam/shit coins" are started by people with low credibility.

However, this at least brings some awareness to new people here. The fact these threads exist with the shady thread starters, will at least make it obvious this is becoming a scam cesspool, and maybe will prevent serious people from throwing money at them.

That said, I'd rather have reviews by reputable and independent members, and also some activity on the [ANN] sub-forum to warn investors about scammers.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:18:27 PM

Yes, I get it, 2 initiatives to clean out "scam/shit coins" are started by people with low credibility.

However, this at least brings some awareness to new people here. The fact these threads exist, maybe will prevent a few from throwing money at the next scam.

There is some validity to that argument. But I would counter that there is an equal chance that new people could avoid some very good coins because of the biases of the OP.

Darkcoin is an obvious example. It's a very good coin, great dev, some really nice features (which other coins are even using now). A newbie may read this, pass it over, because the coin is supposedly 'racist'.

I'd call Dogecoin a silly joke coin, but I wouldn't call it a scamcoin. Strangely their devs set it up to be used more as a currency than most other well established coins.

Yep, most of that list is accurate. It is also filled with bias. If someone else wants to start their own list, and tries to be fair, go for it. I'd support that. However, I am not keen on people starting lists when they have little credibility to begin with, or with the idea of let's use our crypto mafia to start killing coins that we deem as 'bad coins'.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: