Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:27:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In Venezuela, opened a 7-star hotel, accepting only El Petro  (Read 441 times)
Goozzi (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:21:54 AM

In Venezuela, opened a 7-star hotel, the rooms offer a magnificent view of Caracas (the capital of the country) and the coast of the Caribbean Sea. The price level of the new landmark is not advertised, but, based on the "star" status, we can assume that it will be very, very immodest.

However, Humboldt is interesting not only for exclusive and non-standard architectural solutions (a 19-storey tower at an altitude of 2140 meters above sea level), but also a form of payment. The hotel accepts exclusively ... El Petro - the national currency of Venezuela. In this coin, Nicholas Maduro sees salvation for the country's deep-rooted economy.

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/sole-seven-star-hotel-in-venezuela-to-accept-only-petro/
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:30:10 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 11:44:48 PM by Rozita

Seems that the government of Venezuela is trying hard to make Petro more  popular among the people.
As the purpose of Petro is facilitating of their oil sale, We should wait to see whether they will succeed or not.
LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 10:33:09 AM

Kind of seems like a get-rich-quick scheme, or maybe the government just wants their share of the crypto profit. Interesting to see what will come out of it.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 10:42:59 AM

I rally doubt that this Petro coin will ever be successful, it's even wrong to call it cryptocurrency, it's a worthless token.
You can't even buy it on exchanges, only through official channels run by the Venezuelan government.

I really do wonder how many actual citizens of Venezuela had the means to buy into the ICO.

WL082746

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:51:39 AM

That's great. A good phenomenon, although this is to avoid inflation, but open a special case of the use of cryptographic currency! Hope that more and more countries will be able to use encrypted money to pay!
 Grin Grin
Wuddly

Activity: 215
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:34:09 PM

The Venezuelan authorities are actively trying to popularize the national digital currency. In early May, it became known about the discount on oil in exchange for the purchase of El Petro.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:06:32 PM

Kind of seems like a get-rich-quick scheme, or maybe the government just wants their share of the crypto profit. Interesting to see what will come out of it.
Looking past at the history of governance in Venezuela, I really do not think the government is really bound to use that petro to help the economy but simply to enrich themselves lol. I am saying this because in the past, many coins had done that exactly.

It is becoming obvious that this is not going to really make much waves and it apparently does not solve any problem since it is controlled anyway and would definitely still not stop some level of corruption that has dug in so deep. Not like that was the plan though except I feel some are just bound to get themselves richer from it.
sonphamuser

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:09:49 PM

In Venezuela, opened a 7-star hotel, the rooms offer a magnificent view of Caracas (the capital of the country) and the coast of the Caribbean Sea. The price level of the new landmark is not advertised, but, based on the "star" status, we can assume that it will be very, very immodest.

However, Humboldt is interesting not only for exclusive and non-standard architectural solutions (a 19-storey tower at an altitude of 2140 meters above sea level), but also a form of payment. The hotel accepts exclusively ... El Petro - the national currency of Venezuela. In this coin, Nicholas Maduro sees salvation for the country's deep-rooted economy.

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/sole-seven-star-hotel-in-venezuela-to-accept-only-petro/

Haizz, I feel sorry for their people, to no food, I do not think they can stay in these 7-star hotels. Forget that they have no money to own a phone or a personal computer  Embarrassed
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 06:21:30 PM

In fact if many hotels switch to this cryptocurrency, all tourists will have to exchange their coins and fiat for this coin when they are visiting the country because venezueala is great place having too much tourism potential except its economy.

newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:45:20 PM

One side I'm sorry for people who is in bad condition in there. On the other hand they are trying to get some attention of crypto investors.
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:56:17 PM

It's just like a mockery of the inhabitants of Venezuela. There are very few Seven-Star Hotels in the world.
Each guest must have a personal butler there. The population of Venezuela need money, people are very poor. And amid insane inflation and problems with work, this hotel looks like a slap in the face.
I'm not a Venezuelan. But people, it's some kind of nonsense. I think this is proof of the policy of President Maduro - the rich get richer, and the poor turn into beggar.
But, of course, from the point of view of the distribution of cryptocurrency, this is good news.  Sad

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

It's just like a mockery of the inhabitants of Venezuela. There are very few Seven-Star Hotels in the world.
Each guest must have a personal butler there. The population of Venezuela need money, people are very poor. And amid insane inflation and problems with work, this hotel looks like a slap in the face.
I'm not a Venezuelan. But people, it's some kind of nonsense. I think this is proof of the policy of President Maduro - the rich get richer, and the poor turn into beggar.
But, of course, from the point of view of the distribution of cryptocurrency, this is good news.  Sad

What I see about news of Petro it looks to me like a political bickering with lots of lies. Probably this news is totally false.  But there is lost of fake news about Venezuela in general.   

I would love to hear some real news about petro.  It is not even on coinmarketcap and every shitcoin is there.  I don't think actually exist yet.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:11:50 PM

Wow this is very cool, that the government of this country today is so much promoting its crypto currency, I think that in any case it will be very good if people can use crypto-currencies across the country, they are starting a very large campaign.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:16:01 PM

What I see about news of Petro it looks to me like a political bickering with lots of lies. Probably this news is totally false.  But there is lost of fake news about Venezuela in general.   

I would love to hear some real news about petro.  It is not even on coinmarketcap and every shitcoin is there.  I don't think actually exist yet.
Yes, it is not even listed on the coinmarketcap, but lot of news getting out from different sources related to petro. Looking at it I thought Venezuela government is promoting it to reach a good value. The initiative from the government is truly appreciable, but some lies behind it as mentioned in the above quote will decline its worthiness.
AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:18:54 PM

Successful implementation of the coin will show the potential of the technology and increase its popularity in general. This is very good for all of us.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:24:28 PM

I rally doubt that this Petro coin will ever be successful, it's even wrong to call it cryptocurrency, it's a worthless token.
You can't even buy it on exchanges, only through official channels run by the Venezuelan government.

I really do wonder how many actual citizens of Venezuela had the means to buy into the ICO.
I totally doubt that as well but I believe time will tell. I want to believe this is just a Ponzi stunt that Maduro is just trying to pull to enrich some of the elites pocket as this would eventually turn out to be a worthless shit coin with no one really caring about its existence.

Like you said, it is not even a cryptocurrency, as this is centralized and would be highly manipulated and controlled. On your last statement as well, I would not be surprised that only the elites had the chance to distribute the large chunk of the token among them-selves and I would not be surprised.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 03:31:05 PM

*sigh* I really feel sorry for Venezuelans, their country is on the verge of state collapse and the leader builds a 7 star hotel that accepts only crypto?

Yeah, that isn't going to save his country at all.

On top of that, I can see this being another complete financial failure along with a whole string of failures (like squandering all the oil and gas they have).
How on earth is this going to drive up the price of El Petro?
Who would ever want to buy and trade El Petro?

Think about this...why would anyone want to go on vacation to Venezuela in the first place?
Especially Caracas is dangerously unstable right now.
A 7 star hotel will attract the ultra rich clientele and they have freedom to go anywhere they please, so if they are looking for a 7 star hotel experience, they would to Dubai, not Venezuela.

And for the rest of the world, the 99% of us that aren't ultra rich, we have no use for this coin because we aren't scrambbling to go to venezuela to stay at a 7 star hotel.

rltim555

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:34:17 PM

I wonder where El Petro is traded? Can't find any information on coinmarketcap or on exchange. How can this hotel accept el Petro if it is not traded? Also I doubt about any future of this coin, seems like weak attemp to fight against hyperinflation in Venezuela
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 03:40:44 PM

Another pump dump coin but to save the country's economy.  I think if this scheme will not be successful, it can end up very bad for the country. It is also not well established.

badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 03:54:30 PM

very good for the stability of petro coin and also the existence of petro, so petro able to control all transactions in venezuela. not just hotels, but also malls, and in every small transaction.

petro must be saved, because petro coins have the potential to make Venezuela a developed country.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: