Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:33:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A -=WARNING=- TO FELLOW CRYPTO SELLERS (I HAVE JUST BEEN SCAMMED)  (Read 1708 times)
gtraah (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:42:34 AM

Hi Guys I am new to this and did not protect my self properly, stupid me but I just scammed for $1300 worth of Litecoin Of Ebay, 2 x Times in the one day I sold the coins not far from each other basically the reason why I was not prepared for the second scam I didnt even know I got scammed the 1st time by the time I sold the 2nd lot of coins.

People apparently using other peoples Paypals accounts to make payments. Or possibly even pretending to get scammed them selves anyways once you see the payment has been Complete and is in your paypal account even if it is from a VERIFIED PAYPAL USER, the person who "apparently" states he was was scammed also opens up an un-authorized payment claim from his paypal account, paypal immediately freezes your account and because you have not sold Physical goods they dont protect the seller on Crypto Currency or vitual goods so the funds eventually will get reversed to the buyer and you as the seller are left with an empty digital wallet and they ask will end up to ask you to prove that you sold some physical goods to the customer.  Well there are times when you may win but 85%  of the time you wont. I am in the middle of fighting it,Soon as this happened I did a few things that may help with the claim, but I acted VERY fast .Anyway its under investigation Guys maybe you have heard this before but just make sure when you list something on EBAY you state that you will be posting something physical and have the virtual coins as a Free Bonus item   Wink This should hopefully cover you. Send a 5c peice or something, Also even if they are verified Paypal user and have good feedback on ebay they can still claim charge-back and take the money back out of the paypal, Paypal seem to go on the buyers side much more than the seller's side. I HATE PAYPAL now they have so many loopholes its not funny. And even if they message you on ebay and have good feedback just think they could be using someone elses ebay account.

Ok guys I am going to show you the scammers Nickname and email address they used just to try protect all you guys.

EBAY USERNAME : billtrocki

EMAIL ADDRESS and name THEY USED FOR CONVERSATION :Steve Albrose (goldhotstars@outlook.com)

SPREAD THIS FAR AND WIDE TO PROTECT EVERYONE ELSE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:44:28 AM

And your reason for using PayPal in the first place? Why not use an exchange?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:52:16 AM

this is not new news. this seems to be standard occurance. i think its time everyone rules out paypal completely as a means of selling coins.

its scam haven, its happened so many times im surprised people still use paypal to get their fiat. seriously guys in a day an age of localbitcoins why would you even do a paypal trade. just search the scam accusation boards. its rampant with people abusing paypal. look at the reason payal even stopped dealing with certain countries.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:05:21 PM

It is already noted thousands of times in this forums than selling bitcoins for paypal should be avoided because of how easy is for the buyer to claim a chargeback. Gl on getting your money back.

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:07:34 PM

Provide paypal with the appropriate information screen shots everything even make a video recording of you sending the transaction

show them evidence on the blockchain, they have a dispute resolution process too follow

http://block-explorer.com/

you also have your own fair trading court to challenge paypals decision and fair trading is pretty clear about fairness to all,

then a more expensive move would be to take the services of a lawyer hoping to win costs.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 12:30:39 PM

ok thanks.

but: dont sell coins with paypal.

onepix

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:46:26 AM

Hi guys and thanks for this information,

According to you, how we could sell on ebay without paypal ?
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 05:54:09 PM

Hi guys and thanks for this information,

According to you, how we could sell on ebay without paypal ?

Pardon my language but.. FUCK ebay and payscam/pal. Grin

Plz use a reputable website/exchange or escrow. Smiley

gl

HT xD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: