Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:36:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Searches for 'bitcoin' are being blocked in China on Google  (Read 2689 times)
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 06:21:31 PM

Do you have problems? You should smoke something bro

I was just meaning that it's not really bizarre

lol my bad, I thought you were trying to point out a typo Tongue

Mousepotato
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:36:45 PM

This is very true. As long as you have money, you can basically do anything you want in China, except something like murder.

Things you don't want to touch in China are "killing people, hard drugs, guns, bad mouthing the CCP". Besides these, you'd be fine doing anything else, and can buy your way out of any trouble with money. in China, child labor, prostitution, drinking/smoking is rampant and ignored by officials.

Is there anything we can do to help? Can you show us a typical result of what happens, perhaps a screenshot? ...to help me think of ways round it

Chinese netizens that are interested in the internet outside of China, are already very good at climbing out the Great Firewall. Most of the Chinese netizens do not care about GFW, because they do not read English, so the vast majority of the sites that matter to them are inside the GFW.

Yeah, I've long thought about the better-mice principle coming out of having built a standard mousetrap (i.e. make a Great Firewall and the best thinkers will overcome it and still do their thing.)

Anyone out there know if whatever version of China's Ministry of Culture (I'm not familiar with the proper agency name) has had anything to say about bitcoins recently?  Huh

There was a recent announcement about using virtual currencies to purchase tangible items - though the Chinese people tend to ignore any government announcement and just immediately take advantage of any obvious loop hole (ie just send someone cash for their virtual currency) - most people in China don't even pay tax becasue there are so many loopholes in the system. The irony is that if you don't piss off the politicians by doing something political, the Chinese are the economically freest people in the world (I know people in China who literally own a mountain, and they've never paid a penny of tax on their income).

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: