Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:32:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark wallet stealth address  (Read 162 times)
cryptonerddy (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:50:28 AM

Hey, please  how do i get my private key off a stealth address i had years ago. i have the seed and the public key to the address but i can't seem to find the private key. is there a special script or something i need to run?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:12:03 AM

Bitcoin doesn't have "stealth address (es)"

However for any coin the process is the same: import your seed phrase into a compatible wallet with the correct derivation path and it will generate your private key & address too.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 11:15:24 AM

The seed is the only thing you need to restore a wallet.
I have never used darkwallet, so i can't give you a detailed path to restore your wallet.

But isn't it possible to create a new wallet using the old seed? And afterwards either sending your coins to a new address or exporting the private key?
I don't know how darkwallet derives keys from a seed. Might be worth checking their github.

import your seed phrase into a compatible wallet with the correct derivation path and it will generate your private key & address too.

He is talking about the Darkwallet for bitcoin.
I am not sure whether this wallet supports BIP32 (HD wallets) or BIP39 (mnemonic seed).

@OP: Does your seed consist of 12/18/24 words? Or does it look like a random string? (Do not expose your seed to anyone!)

Edit: OP, you can export the private keys by restoring a wallet with your 12-word seed, then click 'Settings --> Tools --> Export Private Keys'.

cryptonerddy (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:19:36 AM

However for any coin the process is the same: import your seed phrase into a compatible wallet with the correct derivation path and it will generate your private key & address too.

I guess you joined bitcoin late, read about it. Dark wallet had stealth addresses and this is an example of one of the addresses I had
vJmtK3LT44vwTFfdiCEV5Di7yaWBXot3RwDs98Rp96iVJUX6Nw66gDLPw3MTthHoqyqrmBqzsdfWBgy zirAfGQGbnL5tBbkJcPwJav

Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:32:00 AM

I guess you joined bitcoin late, read about it. Dark wallet had stealth addresses and this is an example of one of the addresses I had
vJmtK3LT44vwTFfdiCEV5Di7yaWBXot3RwDs98Rp96iVJUX6Nw66gDLPw3MTthHoqyqrmBqzsdfWBgy zirAfGQGbnL5tBbkJcPwJav
I stand corrected then.
cryptonerddy (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:34:59 AM

The seed is the only thing you need to restore a wallet.
I have never used darkwallet, so i can't give you a detailed path to restore your wallet.

But isn't it possible to create a new wallet using the old seed? And afterwards either sending your coins to a new address or exporting the private key?
I don't know how darkwallet derives keys from a seed. Might be worth checking their github.

import your seed phrase into a compatible wallet with the correct derivation path and it will generate your private key & address too.

He is talking about the Darkwallet for bitcoin.
I am not sure whether this wallet supports BIP32 (HD wallets) or BIP39 (mnemonic seed).

@OP: Does your seed consist of 12/18/24 words? Or does it look like a random string? (Do not expose your seed to anyone!)

I did and it restores my non stealth addresses perfectly using the m/44/0'/0 path but I can't seem to find how to restore the stealth addresses. I was able to find out the public address associated with this my stealth address:  vJmtK3LT44vwTFfdiCEV5Di7yaWBXot3RwDs98Rp96iVJUX6Nw66gDLPw3MTthHoqyqrmBqzsdfWBgy zirAfGQGbnL5tBbkJcPwJa, which is this: 127gF6Hs6eLyLDjySajD8gwJ7MANnGUrPx but I don't know how to find the private key
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:27:06 PM

Darkwallet is a bitcoin wallet designed to make bitcoin use completely private.
Supported features:
 Stealth payments + CoinJoin mixing = Bitcoin Anonymity
 Multisignature cooperative wallets
I can't find much information on the page, except those above
it seems darkwallet is a multsig bitcoin wallet, so you probably only hold 1 part of private keys needed

I did and it restores my non stealth addresses perfectly using the m/44/0'/0 path but I can't seem to find how to restore the stealth addresses. I was able to find out the public address associated with this my stealth address:  vJmtK3LT44vwTFfdiCEV5Di7yaWBXot3RwDs98Rp96iVJUX6Nw66gDLPw3MTthHoqyqrmBqzsdfWBgy zirAfGQGbnL5tBbkJcPwJa, which is this: 127gF6Hs6eLyLDjySajD8gwJ7MANnGUrPx but I don't know how to find the private key
do you have any balance in the wallet and an address of it? that address is empty 
have you tried restoring it thru the wallet client or browser plugin?
https://github.com/darkwallet/darkwallet#alpha

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: