I want to share with you with a little service I created today. It's called Bitcoin Signature Generator
, and it's for generating signatures like the one you can see below this post. Just click on it and see what it does.
Why on the earth one would want to make one? Well, there are several reasons for this:
- you want to remember where exactly you've used your Bitcoin address
- you want to have control over the address once you left it somewhere
- you want to know how many people used your address (not neccesarily paid, but just looked at it)
- you want to attract more people to donate/pay you because you do some great stuff with Bitcoin
That are some of the reasons I've built BSG. Right know it's in "beta" stage - not entirely tested, but proven that it works. It does not have full functionality that I wanted it to have, but if you'll like it, I want to add following things to it:
- more control over the visual stuff - background color, font color, icon on the left
- more editing options to existing signatures
- configurable message that would show up for your visitors/customers on the signature page
- multi-language support, especially for signature page
- more, whatever you think of...
To use the service, it's required that you make an account. It's free and quick (no activation links over mail, no entering your personal stuff) and I require it to make it easier for you to manage your signatures.
I'll try hard to make it better if you decide to use it and keep it always online, so your signature will be always visible. The service itself is free, though I encourage you to donate some bitcoins to help keeping it running. You can use my address from the sig for this