Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Flexible USB-based powered PCI-E risers $18-$20/each  (Read 25060 times)
ssateneth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:29:30 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 10:28:17 AM by ssateneth

Just wanted to add that I am the same "Ssateneth" as the one in #bitcoin-otc as well as the same "Ssateneth" on localbitcoins.com, just in case any localbitcoin dispute handlers decide to check on this thread.

As I'm sure many of you are aware, I am now selling PCI-E 1x > 16x risers. I have a total of 250 on hand. They are powered with either a SATA power plug or 4-pin floppy power plug, have a built-in PCI-E presence mod for improved video card detection, are pluggable in any size PCI-E slot (1x, 16x, or any size in between), have extra caps for power filtering, and utilize a USB 3.0 cable as the means for transferring the PCI-E signals. The USB cable is 30cm long. I will accept dollars (Paypal is possible, but I will only ship to the verified address on file. I will not ship to unverified addresses), BTC @ bitstamp rate according to preev.com, or LTC equivalent. I have the right to limit the amount you want to purchase, but hopefully it won't come to that. Tracking number is provided for every order.

Bear in mind, this is the first time I've done a sell thread with a large quantity of items. My response may be slow, but I'll try to get to every one of you.

Jan 6, 2014 5:42PM CST An update on the quantity available: 0 units are left in stock. I may order more in the future if I can get more cash.

PRICES
1-10 $20/each
11-50 $19/each
51+ $18/each

SHIPPING (USA)
1-5 with First Class (2-5 days): FREE
1-5 with USPS Priority (2-3 days): $3.50
6+ with USPS Priority (2-3 days): FREE
1-20 with USPS Express (1-2 days): $15
21+ with USPS Express (1-2 days): $30

SHIPPING (OUTSIDE USA)
Please PM. Will offer First Class (non-trackable abroad in many countries), Priority (non-trackable abroad in many countries) or Express (trackable) at your expense. First Class and Priority is at your risk, since I have no way of knowing if it was delivered or not in most cases. Be aware that while I will ship internationally, I will not lie on the customs form. It'll be declared as merchandise, at the stated price, tariff code 854442.

I can fit up to 20 units in a padded flat rate envelope, $25 priority, $45 express. First Class price will vary based on weight and destination, but costs about the same as priority for 20 pieces, and will cost less if you order less units. Also, something for Canadians. First Class and Priority are both trackable.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________

I'm thinking about getting my feet wet, and going to gauge some interest purchasing some of these risers in bulk from chinese supplier. They are powered 1x -> 16x PCI-E risers, pluggable into either 1x or 16x width motherboard slots, utilizing a 30cm or 100cm long USB 3.0 cable for data transmission, which makes it physically very flexible, and a SATA power plug for dedicated power. The PCB has 2 caps for power filtering and allegedly has a built in PCI-E presence shorting, so it is guaranteed to get your card detected without inserting wires into PCI-E slots to get a graphics card to detect. These appear to be built with mining in mind. Actual usability of the card for mining is dependent on OS and drivers.

Post here if you're interested. I've already sent an email to the supplier about possible bulk interest of 100 risers. I am USA based. I would likely offer free First-Class for orders <=13 ounces weight, and free Priority shipping for orders >13 ounces weight (If <=13 ounces but still want faster priority, pay $3.50) within the USA (Express on your dollar), and First Class / Priority / Express Int'l shipping on your dollar. Would accept BTC/LTC equivalents as payment, maybe USD methods as well, depending on your trust ratings/history. Ballparking $25 per riser, dependant on what sort of discount the supplier gives me, if any.

This post will be edited to indicate new thread for actual sale when the risers are received by me and are in hand. 250 pieces are on their way with DHL Express. I'm not comfortable doing pre-orders, and will be sold first come first serve.

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:43:06 PM

Nice, what's the estimated price range?
Thyatis

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:20:45 PM

i am in

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
ssateneth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:57:44 PM

Nice, what's the estimated price range?

If you read the thread, I said I am ballparking $25 each. I need to wait for the supplier to get back to me on pricing.

_rusty_

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:24:51 PM

wierd question, since it's using a usb cable instead of flex.
It probably won't be able to connect these cables to a powerd usb hub?

also +1 for interest.
(if possible i would also like to order in bulk and sell these in central EU
paul44

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:31:25 PM

This looks like a great bit of kit. Is there an ETA of when these will be available? I am very interested indeed.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:41:08 PM

also +1 for interest.

from the looks of things and reading it you should be able to but only with USB 3.0 due to the bandwidth.
id be interested in 5-10 for testing if i can get them in to the UK

_rusty_

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:05:27 PM

also +1 for interest.

from the looks of things and reading it you should be able to but only with USB 3.0 due to the bandwidth.
id be interested in 5-10 for testing if i can get them in to the UK

same, would be fun if it would be possible.

shipping here to belgium
ssateneth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:13:25 PM

also +1 for interest.

No. This does not plug into USB ports. It simply uses a USB 3.0 cable as a means of relaying the non-power related PCI-E signals. There is no USB data being exchanged. If you plugged this into a USB port, you would likely fry the port/hub/motherboard, the card, or both.

_rusty_

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:17:12 PM

also +1 for interest.

No. This does not plug into USB ports. It simply uses a USB 3.0 cable as a means of relaying the non-power related PCI-E signals. There is no USB data being exchanged. If you plugged this into a USB port, you would likely fry the port/hub/motherboard, the card, or both.

ty for clarifying  Grin

Is there any posibility in bulk ordering through you?

Kind regards
ssateneth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:21:28 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 05:00:04 PM by ssateneth

Depends. How many do you think you would be on board for? I've gotten a reply from the supply with a price and may be ordering as soon as today. People like to buy in-hand products instead of pre-ordering heh. Also, my ballpark price of $25 is a little high, now that I got a price offer from my supplier. My price will likely be <=$20, not counting any shipping charges for international or USA express.

Also, I want to know if people here would be more interested in a 30cm cable or a 100cm cable for their risers.

edit: it's possible they only offer 100cm cables. I'm only seeing 1 model number between the two kinds, and the one person I know of that has these risers implies they are the longer 100cm cables. i've asked the supplier though in a followup email.

Thyatis

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 04:32:34 PM

I will buy at least 3 here.  i think the smaller cables.

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
_rusty_

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:40:16 PM

Depends. How many do you think you would be on board for? I've gotten a reply from the supply with a price and may be ordering as soon as today. People like to buy in-hand products instead of pre-ordering heh. Also, my ballpark price of $25 is a little high, now that I got a price offer from my supplier. My price will likely be <=$20, not counting any shipping charges for international or USA express.

Also, I want to know if people here would be more interested in a 30cm cable or a 100cm cable for their risers.

i'm tinking about 4 for testing purposes and seeing if there is enough interest in Belgium/the netherlands
i'm going to ask some miners tonight and see how many people are interested.
i think i would at least need 30 but i'll ask around first Wink

sorry about the broken english or if any sentences don't make any sense.

Kind regards

edit: smaller cables are prefered.
ssateneth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:00:46 PM

Thanks for the interest guys. It looks like I might need to order 200. Smiley I'm still working out the details from the supplier, and will need to confirm if 30cm and 100cm variants are available, or if there are only one of the 2 variants available.

BitcoinBrains

Activity: 149

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:21:19 PM

I'd take at least 10 of these.

Bitcoin Brains, brick and mortar bitcoin stores in Alberta, Canada. 
Buy cool stuff for bitcoins
ssateneth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:36:16 PM

Thanks. Looks like general interest right now is about 27 risers, and thats in a pre-order sense. Interest will be much higher when I get them in hand. Still waiting for reply from supplier about specific details and payment.

howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:16:38 PM

Hmm, that creates the seed of an idea, I wonder if it might be possible to modify the linux pcie driver to create a patch to present psuedo PCIE slots to  USB driver, deliver the data over onboard USB ports and interpret that data at second part of these cables. Cards would still need replacement power but could be quite a tidy solution for miners.
Effectively providing PCIe over USB, this would allow many more GPU's per motherboard to be supported!
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:37:37 PM

I'm in for four.  At least to start.  Maybe more when they get here.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 07:04:01 PM

How much would the cost per unit be if I bought 50 of them?

ssateneth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:09:21 PM

Hmm, that creates the seed of an idea, I wonder if it might be possible to modify the linux pcie driver to create a patch to present psuedo PCIE slots to  USB driver, deliver the data over onboard USB ports and interpret that data at second part of these cables. Cards would still need replacement power but could be quite a tidy solution for miners.
Effectively providing PCIe over USB, this would allow many more GPU's per motherboard to be supported!

You seem hellbent on destroying your cards / motherboard Tongue The PCI-E signals are not compatible by any means with USB signals. If you choose to buy any risers from me when I get them, I will not be held responsible for any equipment you damage/destroy.

How much would the cost per unit be if I bought 50 of them?

I'll work something out at the time of placing the order. My price won't be final until I actually have the risers in hand. Sure, I can offer some sort of discount, but I heard the supplier can be a sort of a slimeball and attempt to hike up the price due to increased interest.

Interest tally is up to 81.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: