Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:08:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's your opinion on the Bitcoin wallet designs?
Totally Rad!
I Can Do Better!

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Bitcoin Theme ~ Hand Tooled Leather Wallets  (Read 17261 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 05:09:56 PM

How durable these are? Example if I would buy Muse Wallet and keep it in tight pocket would picture elapse or break?

Hello, iSellGames. The tooled leather wallets are highly durable. No worries of having the image fade off even in a tight pocket. The image below is of a seat on motorcycle which is driven daily. It the owner of the motorcycle had a fear of this intricate design being ruined, he wouldn't have paid top dollar to have in tooled in the first place. Steven Tyler of Aeorsmith drives his bike daily with one of Martin's seat on it. I expressed all this so that you can rest assure that the image you desire on your wallet won't fade off any time soon. Yes, in many years, your wallet will start to show signs of wearing out. The leather used is the best available--no cheap leather is found in Martin's studio. I hope that addresses your question and concern. Thank you kindly, iSellGames, for your interest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 10:16:49 AM

I like the hashed wallet but here in Australia coins are a really big thing because we have all our 5c,10c,20,50,$1,$2 coins etc. My current wallet has a zip section for coins.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 01:32:23 PM

I like the hashed wallet but here in Australia coins are a really big thing because we have all our 5c,10c,20,50,$1,$2 coins etc. My current wallet has a zip section for coins.

This is interesting. As an American, I think like an American. It never occurred to me that different countries may have different wallet designs. Goes to prove there's always take-aways from everything in life--including the reading of forums.

Upon reading your post, I hopped over to Google (thought you may appreciate that) to get up to speed on Aussie wallet designs. The effort proved somewhat useless--I ended up with more questions in mind than answers. Therefore, would you be so kind as to snap a photo of your wallet, clearly showing the numbers on your credit card for size reference? Seriously, simply supplying me a link to a common Aussie wallet should suffice (showing a style you prefer would be worthwhile).
Karmicads

Activity: 185
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:11:43 PM

Yeah but it's such a pain between the butt cheeks to actually carry that coinage in a little zip pouch inside the wallet. It aways bulges too much. It's hard to sit on (when carried in the back pocket) and really isn't good treatment on the wallet. I always keep my coin change in a front pants pocket anyhow. Only notes/cards go in the wallet.

Hey Bruno! I wouldn't mind picking up one of those lovely wallets (one with the big bitcoin logo on the front). They really are beautiful and I can see the quality just oozing out of them. I want to pay in bitcoin though, that's what we're all here for after all. Also if you want to have a couple on display at the Aust. Bitcoin Expo, I am happy to take orders. That goes for anybody with genuine hand crafted products (not middleman retailing of Chinese imports). Also, I need a good leather whip for my new girlfriend. I haven't found her yet but I'll know her from the way she responds to the whip. Tongue

Quick note: I don't do the hand tool leathering--my brother-in-law Martin Basurto does...  Martin's into the leather [scene] whereas I'm into paddles wood

Oh! and I thought you were the leather guy.  Roll Eyes Well hows about some displays of your woodwork handicrafts? Hmmm? Cheesy
caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 02:24:34 PM

OK sorry it took me so long but here is a 800x600 jpg of my wallet. I took this photo with my mobile phone so it might be of the best quality:
I took out all the cards are reading your little joke lol... good thing you mentioned that Wink

http://www.perth-exchange.org/2011-08-30%2021.41.41.jpg

As you can see I have a zipped coin compartment. I can't use a wallet that doesn't have one as sometimes I can be carrying up to $20 just in coins.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 06:36:48 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2011, 06:51:46 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Yeah but it's such a pain between the butt cheeks to actually carry that coinage in a little zip pouch inside the wallet. It aways bulges too much. It's hard to sit on (when carried in the back pocket) and really isn't good treatment on the wallet. I always keep my coin change in a front pants pocket anyhow. Only notes/cards go in the wallet.

Hey Bruno! I wouldn't mind picking up one of those lovely wallets (one with the big bitcoin logo on the front). They really are beautiful and I can see the quality just oozing out of them. I want to pay in bitcoin though, that's what we're all here for after all. Also if you want to have a couple on display at the Aust. Bitcoin Expo, I am happy to take orders. That goes for anybody with genuine hand crafted products (not middleman retailing of Chinese imports). Also, I need a good leather whip for my new girlfriend. I haven't found her yet but I'll know her from the way she responds to the whip. Tongue

Quick note: I don't do the hand tool leathering--my brother-in-law Martin Basurto does...  Martin's into the leather [scene] whereas I'm into paddles wood.

Oh! and I thought you were the leather guy.  Roll Eyes Well hows about some displays of your woodwork handicrafts? Hmmm? Cheesy

Now Accepting Bitcoin

Oh! and I thought you were the leather guy.

Just to make sure everyone here understands--Martin Basurto (my brother-in-law)--does all the hand tooled leather work. You can say that I'm doing the marketing for him. Here is why (site he created years ago and still active): http://www.dreamevildesigns.net/

Well hows about some displays of your woodwork handicrafts?

I used to build primitive furniture and crafts, but now I just supply the wood to the crafters and makers. I can easily throw together a handsome shelf of sorts for any needed displays.

I'm now accepting Bitcoin. Yes, I wrote "I'm" for I'll be collecting the BTC payments and paying Martin the cash. I/we feel Martin has enough headaches dealing with PayPal, his main source of revenue. When the time arrives that Bitcoin is more mainstream, or the process is easier for him and grandmother to use, he'll switch over. This is even a better option because I'm more apt to spend the Bitcoin, oppose to Martin converting BTC to $ and buying stupid stuff like cow skins.  Roll Eyes

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe Martin has made whips in the past. After writing that sentence, I thought about Bitcoin themed whips (after writing that sentence, WTF am I thinking?--I can see the Thread title down ~ Boycott Bitcoin Leather). No soup for me for one year!

Let me know when you're ready to order, Karmicads. Beforehand, have some design elements in mind to personalize your wallet.

P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 01:24:52 PM

These sure do look great!

But also for the EU you will want to offer one with a compartment to store coins. Euro currencies means lots of coins, as they go up to 2 Euro coins and a gazilion smaller ones. OTOH smallest bill is 5 Euro.

You might also want to check if EU driver licenses fit, especially considering that here everyone always carries driver license, and identity cards. The new upcoming licenses are small (like our electronic identity cards) and I think ought to fit, but the current ones are pretty damn huge. Almost as big as standard international passport. If you need the dimensions Ill measure mine.

BTW, there is a slight irony to having a bitcoin wallet carrying legal tender and unable to carry bitcoins. I kinda like that Smiley

Richard Rahl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 02:23:55 PM

Have you thought about doing something like this?

http://www.chinawholesalegift.com/pic/Electrical-Gifts/USB-Memory-Stick/Leather-USB-Flash-Disk/Leather-USB-Flash-Drives-21552238734.jpg

Now that would be cool.

That way, they could actually be BitCoin wallets. :-D
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 06:48:59 PM

One thing i feel bad about your leather wallets.
we can't store bitcoins directly in it.
That's very bad.
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 07:03:50 PM

One thing i feel bad about your leather wallets.
we can't store bitcoins directly in it.
That's very bad.

Sure you can, he's making some with coin pockets, just get some Casascius coins. Smiley

Als Pawnshop
VIP

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 08:48:59 PM

I love my new bitcoin wallet!  Really snazzy and rugged.  I'm sure it will outlast me.  Tongue
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 03:24:33 AM

I love my new bitcoin wallet!  Really snazzy and rugged.  I'm sure it will outlast me.  Tongue

Martin wanted me to tell you, Al, thank you for your kind words and purchase (I paraphrased).

Others, here, have purchased wallets (and one saddle) and paid via Bitcoin, but I've opted to keep their transactions private unless they mention it first on this thread.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2011, 06:45:02 AM

From this day forward, all wallets sold and paid for with Bitcoin will have the total proceeds go directly toward Bitcoin100: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.0

My brother-in-law, Martin, will still receive the total selling price, but in fiat, paid to him from my personal Chase checking account or in cash. This offer applies to any other hand tooled leather product you desired produced by Martin Basurto, regardless of cost. Simply PM me if you would like to place an order.

~Bruno~
Als Pawnshop
VIP

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 04:52:09 AM

Hey Bruno, I'd be interested in a hand tooled leather belt.  Let me know of any prices/designs available.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2011, 04:44:26 PM

Hey Bruno, I'd be interested in a hand tooled leather belt.  Let me know of any prices/designs available.

I look forward to your PM outlining your design requirements. I will dole out all sales of hand tooled leather products purchased with Bitcoin up to $100 USD (or the first $100 USD for higher priced products) to Bitcoin100.

~Bruno~
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:15:35 PM

I know this is a old thread but I found it browsing I sent you a PM would really like that one wallet with the throwaway ID holder.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:15:54 PM

Since this has been bumped again. I would also like to know if your willing to do more. These are great.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 04:12:21 AM

I know this is a old thread but I found it browsing I sent you a PM would really like that one wallet with the throwaway ID holder.

Of which I replied.

Since this has been bumped again. I would also like to know if your willing to do more. These are great.

Wallets, laptop cases, notepad cases, purses. If Martin's work is good enough for museums, Jesse James, Jesse Ventura, Steven Tyler, and almost two dozen magazines, I'm sure he'll be able to do any design you can possibly throw at him to be tooled on leather.

He doesn't use any cheap leather, and he's considered an old-school artist, whatever that's supposed to mean, but believe fellow artist do.

Hit my up via a PM if you're interested.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 08:39:54 AM

also interested, PM send  Smiley

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:24:39 PM

Of which I replied.

Wallets, laptop cases, notepad cases, purses. If Martin's work is good enough for museums, Jesse James, Jesse Ventura, Steven Tyler, and almost two dozen magazines, I'm sure he'll be able to do any design you can possibly throw at him to be tooled on leather.

He doesn't use any cheap leather, and he's considered an old-school artist, whatever that's supposed to mean, but believe fellow artist do.

Hit my up via a PM if you're interested.

I'm always chasing museum pieces Smiley

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: