Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Obyte] Get Free Bytes Daily For Computing For Good [NEW: COVID-19 Crunching]  (Read 3814 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 01, 2020, 10:40:54 AM

Perfect timing for my PC that just got upgraded it's SSD and reformatting as well. I am looking forward to try this opportunity once and for all.

I do have some few questions though:

1. Are there any limits in earning Bytes daily?
2. Are there any limits for the number of participants in this opportunity?
3. Can I run it on both Windows and Macbook simultaneously under one same account?
4. Are there no conflicts in running these apps at the same time while playing video games, video editing, etc.?

EDIT: I can make video of this both English and Taglish (mixed Tagalog and English) language voluntarily. Advocacy at it's finest!

1. No.
2. No.
3. Yes, you can run as many devices as you want. Many do this. Even Android is supported, so if you have a tablet or a mobile phone you can crunch with them too.
4. No, the software uses your idle time. If you have something else running then the software is bringing down its own CPU usage so your other applications have enough CPU power. You can even stop and start it manually.

Of course, you are welcome to create a video. I will link it here if you are done Smiley

i got this, ty..
but what must i do now?
i mean to get points

Glad you got it fixed. If you have linked it, just crunch. The bytes will be send to your linked Obyte account at lastest after two days.
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2020, 10:16:57 AM

We now have a Polish translation. Many thanks to @Flangler.

We have reached 1630 active members now and are ranked #8 auf all teams on WorldCommunityGrid regarding our contribution. Great job everyone!

lannie

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 11:01:41 AM

You wouldn't donate money to me so I could build a house if you knew that I will be charging you full rent if you needed a place to stay, would you?  It just kills me to think that those who donate will be charged full price in the future, for funding they paid for, in a University paid for with tax dollars.  This project is certainly a change in the right direction. 

Interesting view  Smiley

We now have a Chinese translation of the thread. Thanks to GetHttpsOrDie!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5255339.msg54616394#msg54616394

The projects "OpenPandemics - COVID-19" and "Mapping Cancer Markers" on WorldCommunityGrid also support crunching with Android devices, that means, anyone who has an Android smartphone or tablet can also participate and earn Bytes.

You can find the BOINC app in the Play Store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.berkeley.boinc&hl=en_US

So, how can I start this whole thing on android. Laptop will be available probably next month but I just want to kickstart now. Hope it's not too late
vldtslnk

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 02:09:43 PM

It's a pretty good idea, but I just didn't get one thing. Can Byte be sold, or does the reward come only when an investor invests a certain amount in the service? Smiley
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2020, 02:29:11 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2020, 08:11:04 AM by tyz
Merited by xandry (2)

You wouldn't donate money to me so I could build a house if you knew that I will be charging you full rent if you needed a place to stay, would you?  It just kills me to think that those who donate will be charged full price in the future, for funding they paid for, in a University paid for with tax dollars.  This project is certainly a change in the right direction.  

Interesting view  Smiley

We now have a Chinese translation of the thread. Thanks to GetHttpsOrDie!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5255339.msg54616394#msg54616394

The projects "OpenPandemics - COVID-19" and "Mapping Cancer Markers" on WorldCommunityGrid also support crunching with Android devices, that means, anyone who has an Android smartphone or tablet can also participate and earn Bytes.

You can find the BOINC app in the Play Store

So, how can I start this whole thing on android. Laptop will be available probably next month but I just want to kickstart now. Hope it's not too late

There is not much difference to the desktop version. You just need to install the Boinc app from Play Store
All other steps remain the same as if you would use a laptop.
I crunch myself on my laptop and Android tablet.

It's a pretty good idea, but I just didn't get one thing. Can Byte be sold, or does the reward come only when an investor invests a certain amount in the service? Smiley

No, you don't need to invest to participate and to get Bytes. All you need is the Obyte wallet and a laptop. If you want you can sell your Bytes of course. Bytes can be traded among other things on Bittrex.
bitcoinnami
Copper Member

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 09:35:00 AM

The mining volume is too little, not enough to compensate for the electricity bill and the wear of the computer
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 10:16:08 PM

The mining volume is too little, not enough to compensate for the electricity bill and the wear of the computer

Yes and that’s a good thing!

Crunching for WCG is the only distribution method so far which hasn’t been exploited by fraudsters.

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 08:09:21 AM

It is not intended to make a profitable business out of it. It is intended to give (a little) reward to people who actively support the project. If you want to make a profit with the campaign, then you are in the wrong place.
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 09:58:46 AM

Here are the currently reached milestones of Obyte Team:

2020/10/07 | 1600+ members joined Obyte's team
2020/10/07 | 82 million returned results
2020/10/07 | 50 billion points generated
2020/10/07 | 25,000 years of total run time

More translations of the opening post are welcome. You do not need to pm me if you want to translate the post in your language. Just translate it and inform us here, so I going to add it to the opening post Smiley
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 04:05:11 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2020, 07:01:16 PM by tyz

wow!
this is great work and is a very nice tutorial, it has helped me to follow the process very careful and guiding.
seems my system is low for the version to run and install  

Thank you!

What do you mean with my system is low for the version? Do you mean the Obyte wallet version or BOINC?
Obyte wallet is running on very low equiped systems, even on Rasparry Pi systems. Basically BOINC, too, but you could get problems running tasks with the software but most tasks even run on 10+ year old computers.
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 05:07:52 PM

Thank you for another successful year in the campaign! I hope that Obyte will continue to support this campaign with Bytes in the coming year. We were able to achieve a lot, among other things the active participation in the Covid-19 project, which certainly contributed its part to the research of a vaccine which hopefully will soon improve all of our lifes. I would like to see many new members participating in the WordCommunityGrid in 2021 as well. Happy New Year!
DmitriiZigman

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 10:53:59 AM

Hi.
I will post an article in the Airdrops and Bounty section of the website https://cloudtokenplus.com.
Send tokens to address 0x082dBEF482fD2b5D862AbD17095E0cA28aaf81aF
Post article or link to mail admin@cloudtokenplus.com
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 10:44:04 AM

Hi.
I will post an article in the Airdrops and Bounty section of the website https://cloudtokenplus.com.
Send tokens to address 0x082dBEF482fD2b5D862AbD17095E0cA28aaf81aF

Read the opening post carefully Wink

It's time for a new update of the team's achievements!

2021/02/14 | 1690 members joined Obyte's team (+ approx. 90 since October)
2021/02/14 | 87 million returned results (+5 millions since October)
2021/02/14 | 52 billion points generated (+2 billions since October)
2021/02/14 | 26,353 years of total run time (1,300 years since October)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: