Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 03:18:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Cryptsy been hacked?  (Read 1227 times)
qiwoman (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:16:46 PM

I just put in 4 sell orders this morning. They were all taken out of the prospective balances but wiped off my portfolio balance and not showing up anywhere in open orders..yest they money has been taken out of each crypto balance I am selling from. Has the site been hacked or is there now serious glitch? I sent in now a support ticket but I doubt I will see any joy..
Anyone else facing this problem? Cry
shamntalk

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

BTC

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:18:17 PM

Cryptsy has had a bad rep recently... and funny enough seems to go down at the height of P&D schemes.
Starting to look like a bucketshop but of course this is just speculation.

lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:19:53 PM

anyone has their withdrawals pending?
mine is stuck for about 12h
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:20:31 PM

I just put in 4 sell orders this morning. They were all taken out of the prospective balances but wiped off my portfolio balance and not showing up anywhere in open orders..yest they money has been taken out of each crypto balance I am selling from. Has the site been hacked or is there now serious glitch? I sent in now a support ticket but I doubt I will see any joy..

Yes, these issues are known, chronic, and have caused many people to lose money---but no need to worry, BigVern added new LTC markets 14 hours ago. He is also a nice guy.

Expect your transactions to complete within the next few hours or days.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:21:19 PM

anyone has their withdrawals pending?
mine is stuck for about 12h

I am caught with the same issue, but do not worry because BigVern added new LTC markets 14 hours ago. He is also a nice guy.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
qiwoman (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:27:25 PM

Well I sent in  a support ticket only problem is I only remember the last transaction I put for sale which was 500 sexcoin..The other three I don't remember as I never expected them to just be wiped off without a trace..All I saw is my portfolio losing over 0.04 btc and no open orders showing..I have now tried to request a withdrawal via email confirmation for both my btc and ltc that is left so i don't lose it all..I am hoping my open orders will show up. Cry
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:27:32 PM

Every single day I see atleast 2-3 users complaining about Cryptsy and their services.
Aren't any admin from their active here?

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
oncebitcoinedtwiceshy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:28:44 PM

I am caught with the same issue, but do not worry because BigVern added new LTC markets 14 hours ago. He is also a nice guy.

You forgot to mention he is also Big, this is just as an important attribute as niceness   Grin
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:32:37 PM

spud3861

Activity: 177

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

Place a small order in same currency pair at a price that won't be filled then cancel it. Should bring back your missing balance.

TB2YQ4-H73NTI-V3UVRT-WFAJXR-BUSECT-XE4A4L-27FY
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 08:36:24 PM

You guys got punked...  Another trading site making off with your money!

Reece523

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:42:29 PM

That usually works for me as well though it didn't for an order today nor did it restore a negative balance to a zero balance yesterday for me.

Place a small order in same currency pair at a price that won't be filled then cancel it. Should bring back your missing balance.
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:36:02 PM

SEE THIS:

Get your lost coins back you tried to sell
----------------------------------------------
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/44674/page/last#post-107199

As for trading while the system is so stressed it would be most wise to take notes of all the data just before clicking execute. And also copy and paste the OPEN ORDER(s) as soon as they post so that one can go back and easier know what is what when moving along fast trading away. It may be a pain, but at least that way you will know what's what without a doubt.

No one has 'lost' monies. Not so far. And BigVern stated he will cover any missing funds. There have only been delays. Some longer than others. And maybe some far too long. But eventually it appears everyone is getting their issues solved.

That link above may allow oneself to solve it all by themselves. Might want to try it and see if it works after reading the entire thing along with reader replies.

On 12-12-13 to 12-13-13 for 24 hours I placed many deposits and withdrawals as well as many trades too. Everything went fine for the most part. One delayed btc deposit only. And one xpm withdrawal that took two efforts to make it go through. All the trades, around a dozen different types of cryptos were imputed and all went off without fail. Some updated fast, others not. But they all posted in a reasonable amount of time. Things work better late at night and the wee early AM too.

As for peak times in the evening things were a bit shaky, otherwise hardly any lag at other times.

I hope this helps calm nerves. Cryptsy is coming through for their customers and I for one still fully trust them with my crypto but I don't merely leave it there. Instead I send it home to a dedicated pc just for wallets and nothing else at all, and it's CAT 5 cable comes out as soon as wallets are updated.

And of course I again put my crypto where my text is too, after taking 2 weeks off for Cryptsy to get a handle on things I read where things were suddenly better so I first sent one deposit, after it arrived at Cryptsy then another, repeat. Then the trades, then the withdrawals. It all worked and functioned almost flawlessly.

Their making progress.

And automated audit(s) even hit my account too.
I didn't request it, so it looks like their maybe sweeping accounts to find any and all possible errors.

Recent Audits
Requested    Processed    Changes
2013-12-14 18:29:28    2013-12-14 18:29:39    None
2013-12-13 10:48:09    2013-12-13 10:48:15    None
2013-12-13 04:37:29    2013-12-13 04:37:37    None
2013-12-13 03:49:10    2013-12-13 03:49:19    None
2013-12-13 03:46:33    2013-12-13 03:46:40    None

That showed up at the top of my Balances Screen this morning.
But I never requested it.
 Still it gave me comfort knowing about 1000 trades over the last few months all ended up fine.
And according to what I knew already they were fine. And every time I thought  there was a problem it ended up being not true.

Cryptsy with BigVern (Paul) running the show has my trust.
He and the entire team earned it. And their taking the challenge of all this overwhelming demand.

Don't worry. IF we're safe anywhere it's likely at Cryptsy where we are safest of all.

But don't forget to consider quickly jotting down the trade data before clicking execute so you can solve it all quite easily later on should anything go awry. It's only the prudent thing to do for every trade we do!

I have a sense that Cryptsy is on the cupst of getting up to speed again though. Crossing my fingers...hoping it's true.

Again: SEE THIS:

Get your lost coins back you tried to sell
----------------------------------------------
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/44674/page/last#post-107199

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:41:37 PM

no, they have lag problem
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:49:31 PM

They will catch up, we are seeing extreme growth in coin demand.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
CheekyChappy

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:58:36 PM

I tried that but never got my coins back

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: