Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin value?  (Read 24136 times)
mudkips

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:19:27 PM

I think it's funny that this is a joke altcoin and yet it's getting some big success right now.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iaps

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:19:38 PM

I think given enough time, and the popularity of btc dies down, many many people will start looking at altcoins more seriously.
kushie

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:35:40 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 09:54:29 PM by kushie

I think it's funny that this is a joke altcoin and yet it's getting some big success right now.

Indeed, I am mining dogecoins as I type.. I'm in it just for the hilarity factor, honestly, but pools are having to stop registration to cope with the popularity
Kurshu

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:09:54 PM

I think this is hilarious and it just shows how easily the internet generation can be manipulated. Some people are making some serious money from Doge and it may even be successful in the long run if it maintains its popularity.

Doesn't matter if it brings nothing new to the table, popular over rules everything.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:20:32 PM

There is no doubt that this coin started as a joke and it is a good one.  I think its advantage is that its founders are not taking it seriously.

There is an exchange for DOGE, https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=DOGE&base=BTC and it shows them at 54 satoshi each.  So .0005 USD apiece, enjoy!

So if you got millions on the first day, I think you can come out okay, but I agree, I would not buy them.  With 100 billion to be minted no shortage is likely.  But then, if you told me they would be worth in one week a quarter of what Devcoin is, well, I would have said you were nuts too, so what do I know.

I think its main long term contribution will be getting newer people into mining, as that ship has mostly sailed for BTC, and that's a good thing.
reasonman

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:45:21 PM

There is no doubt that this coin started as a joke and it is a good one.  I think its advantage is that its founders are not taking it seriously.

There is an exchange for DOGE, https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=DOGE&base=BTC and it shows them at 54 satoshi each.  So .0005 USD apiece, enjoy!

So if you got millions on the first day, I think you can come out okay, but I agree, I would not buy them.  With 100 billion to be minted no shortage is likely.  But then, if you told me they would be worth in one week a quarter of what Devcoin is, well, I would have said you were nuts too, so what do I know.

I think its main long term contribution will be getting newer people into mining, as that ship has mostly sailed for BTC, and that's a good thing.

I got into BTC when it was still relatively cheap.  Told some guys at work and they laughed at my fake WoW money.  Now they've all bought in at $1k.  Told them about Dogecoins and they laughed at my stupid meme money.  Jokes on them.
botijero

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:51:58 PM

The thing's started as a joke. Let's see how it ends...
Circuit6

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

This coins success will come down to how much support it receives not only from the community(which seems strong at the moment) and the developers. I am not sure how well this coin is supported and how much time the developers are putting into at.

It doesnt hurt to mine some and keep them away in the event they do succeed.
Maverick69

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:59:10 PM

Doge is the gangnam style of coins, lol.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 11:05:08 PM

i remember hearing the value being somewhere around 10k coins to 1 USD

Doubt it, hard to believe he's making 80 USD a day while running only on 900KH/s o.O  That should be the most profitable coin then lol...
corr256

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 11:09:06 PM

look at my dogecoin wallet:

D5oLDNXjrLBx9ywuKaoP29KfsxA6ECGvJc

very attractive, isn't it?
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:15:28 PM

i remember hearing the value being somewhere around 10k coins to 1 USD

Doubt it, hard to believe he's making 80 USD a day while running only on 900KH/s o.O  That should be the most profitable coin then lol...

Just to clear your doubts, current market price of 1 million DOGe coins is 0.65BTC and they are being traded on coinedup.com
Yes it is the most viral and most profitable coin, I'm sitting on a million right now mined on my 70 Kh/s card Smiley

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
balexbc

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:22:10 PM

In a few months I'll see you in Hawaii
ElectricCake

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:29:28 PM

Haha at the Hawaii comment. I will see you in Fiji.
Gorbash

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:34:45 PM

I mined 30k in an hour first time I saw it on the forum, just for fun. Left it for a day, mining some other coins during that time...and then realized this might be worth something...went back to mining Doge but difficulty raised 8 times :/
Much coins not for me  Cry

Any new coins like doge on the horizon?
Much wealth Grin

Or any new coins starting shortly?
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:41:02 AM

Doubloons will crush those DogeCoins for sure.... Arrrrrrr!!!!

Grin Grin Grin
templar77

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:19:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and i got a question. I just started mining dogecoins at www.doge-pool.pixub.com and getting like 800.000 dogecoins per day at a hashrate of 950kh/s.

Does anyone know the real value of the dogecoins in USD?
And when does the dogecoin goes to cryptsy?

Thanks in advance.

Mikel

Here you can see the Historic value of Dogecoin!
http://doge.yottabyte.nu/
Shmoopy

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:44:47 AM

lol at all the new users promoting DOGE as if this is the trollbox.

This coin will be worthless once the meme dies down and is forgotten, as memes always fade. Because of the massive popularity of the coin due to its meme status, only a week later it's no longer a good idea to mine/invest. If you're holding DOGE, i'd say keep holding them until you notice the meme itself dying down. Personally, I'm going to sell what little I have a bit after the new year.

I don't like this coin, but as with every coin there's money to be made.

scarface

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:50:43 AM

lol at all the new users promoting DOGE as if this is the trollbox.

This coin will be worthless once the meme dies down and is forgotten, as memes always fade. Because of the massive popularity of the coin due to its meme status, only a week later it's no longer a good idea to mine/invest. If you're holding DOGE, i'd say keep holding them until you notice the meme itself dying down. Personally, I'm going to sell what little I have a bit after the new year.

I don't like this coin, but as with every coin there's money to be made.

doge coin is not just about the meme

maybe you should read up more on it and what the people behind it are planning for its future.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

sevoque

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:54:54 AM

To all the people crying about DOGE and people talking it down - let me ask you some questions and state some facts..

1. Have you _EVER_ seen an alt coin grow so fast?..... thought so
2. It is not a bad thing that its becoming more difficult to mine - I have witnessed a 30 level diff jump in less than 24hours - so what?
3. Your logic is, because its a MEME coin its going to be worthless...... uhm okay.
4. Have you seen the sheer amount of people who have started taking an interest in crypto in general BECAUSE of DOGE? PLS EXPLAIN HOW THIS IS NEGATIVE?Huh
5. If the coin is so bad, why does it have such a high price? because its a MEME and a 'bubble'... take a look at the heaps of other altcoins out there, NONE of them have anywhere near the same momentum
6. You do realise we are now listed on coinmarketcap and the only next logical step is for a proper Exchange?
7. Never underestimate the power of Reddit
8. Such wow

wow

Such Fanboy

Tx
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: