Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:49:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy ate my LTC midtransaction - anyone else had same experience?  (Read 1310 times)
kurious (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:44:59 PM

Just went to buy some MEC with LTC - I domn't keep BTC on Cryptsy.

Trade didn't seem to process and wasn't in 'open orders' so I looked and I had no MEC Balance.

I tried again (assuming I must have accidentally cancelled) and tried to buy another 100 MEC with around 3LTC and once again nothing happened, no trade history record for either trade, no MEC.

But my LTC Balance shows SIX gone - so my LTC have disappeared....

Anyone have this happen - and since support there is woeful - any idea how I get in touch with Mullick or anyone on a chat board or something?

It ain't the end of the world - but it's the best part of a couple of hundred bucks gone in a few seconds and now I am of course not considering any more trades.... however, I would like my coins back and of course no record shows of this anywhere.

Ideas anyone?

我想要火箭和火车

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mav38

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:58:17 AM

There's not really much help to get... I have the same problem, cancelled an order and was never refunded.
Lost about ~50% of wallet value today. I'm trying to get a support ticket resolved, but no ones answering!
Would like to know what to do! This is why I came to this forum.
kcg001kcg

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:02:50 AM

I have similar problem

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=371756.msg3973064#msg3973064
kurious (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:01:29 AM

It was a fair few of us - plenty of tickets got opened, but my balance has been re-instated now.

Hope everyone's gets fixed!

Happy trading to all.

我想要火箭和火车
iPaulito

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:30:13 PM

I was basically robbed by cryptsy over 11 LTC few months back with their "audit". No refund. Be very carefull trading with cryptsy as I hear more and more stories.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:30:53 PM

Back when BTC was trading @ $1,125 I exchanged 11 million IFC for LTC then exchanged LTC for BTC and sent the resulting BTC to coinbase from my Cryptsy account. All of this went through flawlessly within 1 business day.
linfujun

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:20:00 AM

I was basically robbed by cryptsy over 11 LTC few months back with their "audit". No refund. Be very carefull trading with cryptsy as I hear more and more stories.
i was robbed by cryptsy over 6 ltc too, they keep robing my dgc and red coin every day…fuck Angry
Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:40:04 AM

cryptsy is insanely broken right now.

for 2 weeks now I have had less than 50% successful trade execution. most of the time my balances are MIA.

today a new feature appeared:

blue popcorn. when you make a trade, and then cancel it, everything disappears even tho it said canceled. then,, about a half hour later, blue popcorn on your bottom left screen. tons of random trades going through that you canceled a full 30 minutes prior.

then... get this

theres this sweet new account audit feature. guess what it did? in 1 seconds (not even kidding) it adjusted all my balances down to ~.4 BTC from .6

now those are my real balances probably, but the hilarious part is... I have been trading 3 pairs, the balances were wrong on all of them, and I have been adjusting positions with this incorrect balances all day. and it took a 1 second audit button to fix it. which for some reason isn't automated, and cryptsy is apparently unaware or doesn't care that my EVERYTHING is broken.

so basically, as others said, don't use cryptsy. use it when you have to, and then when everyone says its fixed and its great, sure why not come back and reward them for being terrible at supporting the community and im just going to say, imo,*misleading* about the status of their services.

as far as im concerned its untradeably broken, has been for 14 days, and crypsty couldn't care less.

the hilarious part is, they would make way more money if they actually made it work properly rather than letting people use it while broken. so many people are finding every possible competitor right now, long term its absolutely destroying what would have been the cryptsy monopoly on the altcoin trading market. the site looks nice and if it actually worked it would be awesome.

im just stoked that they are making so much money that eventually the site will probably work properly.

and then AND ONLY THEN will it be worth trying to trade on.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
HPWolf

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:53:39 AM

I've started using Coins-e

Not saying they perfect but so far so good, also nice not to have all your eggs in the same basket.

Here is my referral link if you wanna give it a try

https://www.coins-e.com/?ref=4889356712017920

Earn Devcoins by Writing / DVC = 1EZJpi6p2eckikh84cWtLN1D2sqFbsNi2T
BTC = 13q8dXCqEeCcfXkktbYTorpvNP4B6Qowcz / http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/7567
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: