Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:54:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s9 hashing at 9th help  (Read 193 times)
shadowelite (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:49:26 PM

Hi guys my s9 been hashing fine at 13.5th for the ladt few months but last night one of the boards has stopped hashing
Theres no x and the board is showing up
I swapped psu’s with a working one but it only fix’s the prob temp starts at 13.5 th then goes back down to 9th
Any ideas?
https://imgur.com/gallery/pFF9s0t

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:45:36 PM

Don't suppose that you tried any of the usual troubleshooting things like moving one end the ribbon cable feeding the bad board to a different board to find out if it is the controller or hash board? If the same channel stays bad - is controller or ribbon cable that's bad. If problem moves to the other channel board is shot.

Oh, and don't bother redacting worker names/addresses. That info is useless to hackers. Afraid someone is going to point their miners at it and throw more hash rate there for you?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
shadowelite (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:48:11 PM

Don't suppose that you tried any of the usual troubleshooting things like moving one end the ribbon cable feeding the bad board to a different board to find out if it is the controller or hash board? If the same channel stays bad - is controller or ribbon cable that's bad. If problem moves to the other channel board is shot.

Oh, and don't bother redacting worker names/addresses. That info is useless to hackers. Afraid someone is going to point their miners at it and throw more hash rate there for you?
i have always seen people cover it up so thought why not lol
I have tried moving the ribbon cables but not disconnected any of them
Will c if i can swap the ribbon cables then
shadowelite (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:11:02 PM

Swapped ribbons and same board is showing no hashing but has frequency and ideal ghz just not hashing
So its could b controller ?
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:21:37 PM

Swapped ribbons and same board is showing no hashing but has frequency and ideal ghz just not hashing

You have already stated one of the boards drops out, if you move cables around and it still drops out that means its the hashing board not the controller with the problem.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
shadowelite (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:26:04 PM

Ok so i have a dead board then?
Thought maybe it would have xxxx to indicate its dead or just not show up
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:31:39 PM

Bad boards can present themselves in all sorts of ways depending on how they fail. You can look in the kernel log to see specifically what went wrong with it in most cases.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:38:30 PM

Assuming you swapped only 1 end of the cable and it still reports chain 8 as bad then yes is the controller. Could be the cable itself but that is a rather rare issue.

If after moving it reports chain 6 or 7 as bad and chain 8 now good then yes is a bad hash board.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
shadowelite (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

What i did was remove both ends of ribbon so
Slot 1 hash board 1 cable went into 2
2 went into 3
3 went into 1
If that makes Sence?
What i also did was re install firmware
Had the latest firmware anyway but once flashed miner started mining fine at 13.5th but after 2 min the board dropped same one as in pic

I did not look in the kernal log when the falut first happened but if i look now theres no errors all boards r fine
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:22:41 PM

What i did was remove both ends of ribbon so
Slot 1 hash board 1 cable went into 2
2 went into 3
3 went into 1
If that makes Sence?
What i also did was re install firmware
Had the latest firmware anyway but once flashed miner started mining fine at 13.5th but after 2 min the board dropped same one as in pic

I did not look in the kernal log when the falut first happened but if i look now theres no errors all boards r fine
So in essence you just moved the hash boards around somewhat confusing the issue. The idea was to swap the signals coming from the ports on the controller to an different board.

So, chain-8 still reports zero hash despite having a different board plugged into it? Or, did the problem follow the board? If it stayed with chain-8 the controller is bad.

shadowelite (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:57:21 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2018, 12:32:16 AM by frodocooper

i now just swapped the ribbons (basically crossed them)  at the hashing board end
When i did the middle one and the left one ( nearest to the psu plug on controller board) chain8 still failed
So i then swapped middle and first so crossed and a board has failed but failed when i left home
So will know when i get home
Im not good at explaining things lol
shadowelite (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:48:27 PM

Bit of an update
I was running the miner with just chain 6 and 7 and 8 wasnt hashing
I have had the miner off for the last 3 weeks and today i turned it back on
But before i turned the miner on i took all the hashboards out to c if theres any damage and they look fine
This time i only connected and powered on chain 8 the one that wasnt working and to it started hashing fine at 4.5ghz so left it hashing for an hour and workd fine with only 3 hw and tenp at 68
So thought wow it magicaly fixed it self
Powered off
Connected chain 6 and 7
Powered on
13.5gh wow
Worked for 15 min and back down to 9gh with chain 8 not having any hashing u der gh/s (rt)
Surely it cant be the hashboard if it works fine hashing by it self?
I tried another psu before and it didnt fix the problem
Could it b the controller?
shadowelite (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:43:40 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 12:30:45 AM by frodocooper

Some chips could be failing.
Check the chips.

How do i check the chips
I thought once one chip failed on the hashboard the hole hashboard dies as its a chain or somethibg
Plus the hashboard works perfect at full speed when its the only one connected
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:34:57 PM

Plus the hashboard works perfect at full speed when its the only one connected
Have you tried using a different power supply / power circuit? Usually I've seen that there is a power issue when all the boards work fine individually but not together.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
shadowelite (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:40:52 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2018, 12:32:15 AM by frodocooper

Have you tried using a different power supply / power circuit? Usually I've seen that there is a power issue when all the boards work fine individually but not together.

Yep also tried a other psu
Got a few 1600w ones incl original bitmain which is what im using atm
Will try again later with a generic one
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: