Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:32:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to offer services for Bitcoins?  (Read 1357 times)
selmirZ (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:16:04 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to Bitcoins, heard of them some time ago but never did any business with them.
I am final year student of applied mathematics and I am from Bosnia.
Since my father lost his job, I am almost on my own to finance my studies, I need to make at least 300$ monthly and I was doing well on elance as a web developer and LaTeX typist, but there is no much work for me there because I started as a web developer 5 months ago and I am still learning, I am a fast learner, I learned HTML, CSS and some Javascript and PHP really fast and started working, most of my jobs were in WordPress and Joomla and I am comfortable now to work with those, I am really hard working person and I received 5.0 for all my jobs done so far and got some strong feedbacks.
However, 2 days ago suddenly my old crappy 10 years old PC that I was working on crashed, I left it turned ON and when I got back from classes whole motherboard seams burned, I am posting this from my roommates PC, he told me I can use his computer when he is not around, that means 4-5 hours per day, so it looks like I am stuck now, I cant make any real money working like this, I need money first to buy some PC so I can work full time again, and I need those 300$ for rent and food.
Are there any websites where can I offer some web development services, or as a LaTeX typist, for Bitcoins, just found one so far but it looks like there is only one or two jobs there posted every day.
I just need 0.5 Bitcoins to buy PC and get back to work on elance, I will maybe stay on that website and try to get more jobs if it appears to be a good one.
Maybe there is someone here who needs some of my services, any help will be appreciated.
I registered with Coinbase(hope that it is safe) and I have one Bitcoin address, it is
1EejD9bqpZvyQcQwqyQE8SaVjifuV4sVLD
If there is anyone here willing to donate me something it will be very much appreciated, I am in very bad situation now.
I posted this first in "Newbie" section and some guy suggested me to post here.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 09:32:38 PM

Looks like you have some services to offer that many may find valuable.  Post your work in the services section Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0

You probably won't get that much donations, I'd suggest trying for the giveaways in the games and rounds section.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=71.0

Good luck!  And of course, post your services on freelancer.
jbab

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:55:43 PM

Careful Selmirz. Monbux is known to be a serial scammer. In other threads hes been known to seperate coin from owner.

selmirZ (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

Thanks for advice.
The last thing I need now is to be cheated in some way  Sad
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:32:43 PM

Thanks for advice.
The last thing I need now is to be cheated in some way  Sad

Did you seriously just listen to his advice???
You just cheated yourself, please don't listen to the troll.
Lala

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:37:17 PM

I'm a member here, but don't know if it can be used in Bosnia as it's Australian.
http://www.freelancer.com.au/

You can use this site to do jobs for $5, so 10 jobs = $50
http://fiverr.com/

Look around on forums
selmirZ (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:49:40 PM

monbux Your advices were good, thanks for those.
I will post on "Services" section of forum in few minutes, hope to get some jobs, my work time is limited I already said that but I have no other option than to try to find some clients, I also have hosting and can register domain for someone, that should be a bonus.
Thanks!

Lala thanks for advice, I am in a rush now, I registered on elance, freelancer and odesk some time ago, got first job on elance and focused there, there is much less competition there than on odesk and freelancer, it is hard to get first job but once you get it it is much easier.
Tried fiverr also but had no luck, I worked well on elance, but it requires weeks of work to earn 200-300$ but now I do not have too much time to work, need to get some used PC first and then I will be easily able to get back on elance and just continue working.
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:56:24 PM

monbux Your advices were good, thanks for those.
I will post on "Services" section of forum in few minutes, hope to get some jobs, my work time is limited I already said that but I have no other option than to try to find some clients, I also have hosting and can register domain for someone, that should be a bonus.
Thanks!

Lala thanks for advice, I am in a rush now, I registered on elance, freelancer and odesk some time ago, got first job on elance and focused there, there is much less competition there than on odesk and freelancer, it is hard to get first job but once you get it it is much easier.
Tried fiverr also but had no luck, I worked well on elance, but it requires weeks of work to earn 200-300$ but now I do not have too much time to work, need to get some used PC first and then I will be easily able to get back on elance and just continue working.

Yeah, on fiverr only about 0.1% of the users earn there.  But when you earn there, you earn big.  I made a fiverr account 2 years ago, and I made $1200 + in 20 days, wasn't bad, just about 30 minutes work a day.

Anyways, yes, post your services on here, as well as try out for the bounties listed there Smiley
Lala

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:10:06 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 11:26:04 PM by Lala

Oh and if your friend has a graphics card, you can use it to do mining.

edit: found http://iwill4coin.com/
selmirZ (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:34:00 PM

Oh and if your friend has a graphics card, you can use it to do mining.

edit: found http://iwill4coin.com/
Thanks, will try it out. Mining with this PC will not be profitable at all, old GeForce GPU.
Just posted in Services section, thanks everyone!
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:06:32 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 12:20:04 AM by Kouye

I received 5.0 for all my jobs done so far and got some strong feedbacks.

However, 2 days ago suddenly my old crappy 10 years old PC that I was working on crashed, I left it turned ON and when I got back from classes whole motherboard seams burned.

Wallet was stored on the harddrive/ssd/flashdrive, not on the motherboard. Your 5BTC are most likely safe.
If you need any help recovering those, please post in the tech support sub.
But I'm sure you'll be fine, I've seen your CV all over the interweb and you seem quite able to handle such a situation.

I can't read. Sorry.

But please, help me and use this big key in the middle, next time. Grin

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2952

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

@Kouye, I think he's talking about a 5/5 rating. Correct me if this is the issue.
Man, I really wish you good luck in finding some work!

If interested, message me and maybe I can find something for you to do at BitsPoker or other sites.

Keep it up!

Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:16:02 AM

You're probably right, first impression is that he sounded legit.
Then failure to understand came up... I'll edit my previous post and wish OP good luck.  Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2952

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:25:50 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 12:40:10 AM by Cyrus

You're probably right, first impression is that he sounded legit.
Then failure to understand came up... I'll edit my previous post and wish OP good luck.  Smiley

It takes a great man to admit his mistakes Smiley.

selmirZ (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:44:33 AM

Yes it is 5/5 rating on elance, not 5 BTC Smiley
Coinbanker

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

bitcoin supporter

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:11:48 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 07:43:26 AM by Coinbanker

I was working on freelancer.com in my spare time.  
But it was annoying to see full of indians and pakistanis who even don't have proper skills.
They was taking projects by spamming with many fake accounts by offering cheap,
giving it to another freelancer who has real skills and wants to work more cheaper. it was disastrious for freelancer.com.
I hope bitcointalk is not defiled by them. You have chance and time before they come.
First of all, prove your skill and dominate here.

Donate: 167TvxJb6zSeyd5C921r5CR9Ht91ioZdQM
selmirZ (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:28:49 PM

I was working on freelancer.com in my spare time.  
But it was annoying to see full of indians and pakistanis who even don't have proper skills.
They was taking projects by spamming with many fake accounts by offering cheap,
giving it to another freelancer who has real skills and wants to work more cheaper. it was disastrious for freelancer.com.
I hope bitcointalk is not defiled by them. You have chance and time before they come.
First of all, prove your skill and dominate here.

I think that at least 90% workers on freelancer.com are from those countries, I tried to work there, applied for around 10 jobs but did not get any, competition is too strong, without some proof of reputation starting to work there now is a waste of time.
I have a lot of plans for a long term and I will boost my skills when I start working on my own websites, earning some money from them could be nice (almost) passive income later, but now I am searching for job just to get to those 0.5btc or around 400$ to get solid PC and get back to elance and studying like before  Sad
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:25:13 PM

I recommend you use; www.iwill4coin.com
The site is still being developed, but it will become the fiverr for BTC.
You can look at the progress of the site and seek assistance on the official forum; www.iwill4coin.com/forum
selmirZ (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:48:30 PM

You can look at the progress of the site and seek assistance on the official forum; www.iwill4coin.com/forum

I am sure it will, it is still new and has only few jobs available, forum is new too. Getting a strong reputation while it is still unknown to most workers will surely be a good thing for me.
Thanks everyone!
I found few other places where I can work for bitcoins, in day or two I will post them here on forum so others willing to work can find a jobs for coins, maybe there are some scam sites so it could be a nice topic, very informative to all workers.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:17:47 AM

who ever site is that they did a terrible job, I got blinded it by it

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: