Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:18:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Everyone needs to calm down about Cryptsy  (Read 4135 times)
cryptoBoomer

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:08:23 PM

I lost money = It's ok, he's a nice guy.

The site is farked and has been for weeks = It's ok, invite 40K more users now!

The data layout per page is shite = It's ok let's add more pairs and clogg the pages more.

My support ticket is canned responses 5 times now on a basic ticket = It's ok, don't blame them, it's your fault not theirs.

I show that I'm now pissed, lost funds, lost momentum = It's ok don't get mad at vern or Cryptsy, just watch them add more stuff to the site and not address core issues or your support ticket that's now 3 fucking weeks old.

The new servers aren't doing anything for their growth = That's ok they ordered more, but won't touch the current algo/engine or data per page layout and won't take suggestions from users, just more growing pains and we welcome more users while we can't fix stuff.

I've been as patient as one can be, I don't give a shit if BigVern kicks puppies or walks lil' old ladies across the street - this is my business and livelyhood they are messing with and the team there is getting rude re how they want US to react to their flaws and delays.

I'm sorry but the last thing I'm going to do is cut them a break or sit here and suppress my concerns because they are nice people or deserving of a pass when they add MORE fucking pairs instead of fixing more important issues.

Maybe I'll love Cryptsy again one day, today is not that day, week, or month. Over 1000 trades there now, I've had it and won't be trading at all anymore until this is fixed or they are replaced by someone that does it right.

Being a victim of your own success doesn't give you the right to use that as a safety net when obliterating traders accounts for weeks at a time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
y3804

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:10:46 PM

I made three bitcoins deposits into cryptsy in the last 12 hours and none of them have showed up, not even in pending.

Anyone else have bitcoin deposits not showing up?

I've tried to withdraw all my coins but they're in limbo too -.- ffs

Same here. Withdrawing 0.3BTC but not even pending! It totally disappeared from account

Crypsty became victim of its own success. Too much growth too fast
Vernunft

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:17:59 PM

A made a deposit of 20 LTC four days ago from BTC-E and still NOTHING. It doesn't even appear in pending deposits. Then I tried yesterday depositing 1 LTC to see if it fixes the situation. After I few hours it appeared in pending deposits, but I still didn't get it. Fuc**** bastards. I can't trade nothing and I can't gain any money because I can't deposit nothing... Meanwhile Cryptos going crazy.
Mike18feb

Activity: 657
Merit: 500

MΣC

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:20:21 PM

BigVern can be a nice guy, and this coin stuff may be "new", and we're expecting too much, but really, Cryptsy has had issues for so long now, numerous people have complained, and what does Cryptsy do? Instead of fixing existing issues they add more features and more markets which put more load on the site and get more people in deep shit.

Nice guy, but unbelievably stupid.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 01:02:02 AM

I lost money = It's ok, he's a nice guy.

The site is farked and has been for weeks = It's ok, invite 40K more users now!

The data layout per page is shite = It's ok let's add more pairs and clogg the pages more.

My support ticket is canned responses 5 times now on a basic ticket = It's ok, don't blame them, it's your fault not theirs.

I show that I'm now pissed, lost funds, lost momentum = It's ok don't get mad at vern or Cryptsy, just watch them add more stuff to the site and not address core issues or your support ticket that's now 3 fucking weeks old.

The new servers aren't doing anything for their growth = That's ok they ordered more, but won't touch the current algo/engine or data per page layout and won't take suggestions from users, just more growing pains and we welcome more users while we can't fix stuff.

I've been as patient as one can be, I don't give a shit if BigVern kicks puppies or walks lil' old ladies across the street - this is my business and livelyhood they are messing with and the team there is getting rude re how they want US to react to their flaws and delays.

I'm sorry but the last thing I'm going to do is cut them a break or sit here and suppress my concerns because they are nice people or deserving of a pass when they add MORE fucking pairs instead of fixing more important issues.

Maybe I'll love Cryptsy again one day, today is not that day, week, or month. Over 1000 trades there now, I've had it and won't be trading at all anymore until this is fixed or they are replaced by someone that does it right.

Being a victim of your own success doesn't give you the right to use that as a safety net when obliterating traders accounts for weeks at a time.

Amen.

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:06:27 PM

I just had an absolutely MAD trading session in the last few minutes.

I was trading LTC/NET. My orders weren't going through and so I cancelled and re-instated them at a new price. The trading engine acknowledged the cancellations with the "Your order #87687687 was cancelled" etc.

I left everything alone for a while and suddenly all my cancelled orders started COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD AND EXECUTED ALONG WITH THE NEW ORDERS !!!   They left my NET balance with a massive great negative and my LTC balance through the roof.

Now I'm trying to get back into the market just because I don't want to leave my account in debt.

This sh*t really is crazy. No self respecting professional would leave a business running that was so fundamentally faulty. They KNOW the site doesn't work - leaving it open for business for unsuspecting customers is bordering on criminal. I won't say it *is* criminal because that's a matter for lawyers, but I don't think it's professional. It needs to be closed down with immediate effect and the trading engine replaced wholesale.

There is fundamentally bad business logic going on with the code - for example, no backstop validations for overspending, reporting transactions complete to the user that aren't (e.g. "your order has been cancelled"), decrementing balances before the transaction has completed. This engine has been written in a hurry - or at least it feels like it - and now it's just going to kill the site.
Luror

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:11:31 PM

I just had an absolutely MAD trading session in the last few minutes.

I was trading LTC/NET. My orders weren't going through and so I cancelled and re-instated them at a new price. The trading engine acknowledged the cancellations with the "Your order #87687687 was cancelled" etc.

I left everything alone for a while and suddenly all my cancelled orders started COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD AND EXECUTED ALONG WITH THE NEW ORDERS !!!   They left my NET balance with a massive great negative and my LTC balance through the roof.

Now I'm trying to get back into the market just because I don't want to leave my account in debt.

This sh*t really is crazy. No self respecting professional would leave a business running that was so fundamentally faulty. They KNOW the site doesn't work - leaving it open for business for unsuspecting customers is bordering on criminal. I won't say it *is* criminal because that's a matter for lawyers, but I don't think it's professional. It needs to be closed down with immediate effect and the trading engine replaced wholesale.

There is fundamentally bad business logic going on with the code - for example, no backstop validations for overspending, reporting transactions complete to the user that aren't (e.g. "your order has been cancelled"), decrementing balances before the transaction has completed. This engine has been written in a hurry - or at least it feels like it - and now it's just going to kill the site.
Oh, I just had somewhat similar experience, but it was worsened by self-audit in between. If you didn't run it yet, try it - it's the new button on balance page: "Audit My Accounts"

BTC: 1DzAEtLoFxqmJoNH5ZYHyWxaSNYUGKf2S6
oncebitcoinedtwiceshy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:24:13 PM

+ they don't even put up a warning / status notification on the site despite users asking for it in their IRC channel 24/7

Feel free to vote for it if it fits your needs.
https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/45224
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:40:33 PM

Since I made my last post an hour ago, I balanced out my account by buying back NET to resolve the negative balance.

Now I check it 20 minutes after than and I'm now 10 LTC in the RED !!

Since then the market's tanked on the NET side so I'm now having to get back in at a loss to cover the LTC overdraft - and even then I've no idea if I'm at the end of the backlog or not. I might get it settled and then another one comes flying in to blow me back into the red.

As a professional software contractor, my conclusion about the whole Cryptsi thing is - yes they can be forgiven for having growth problems. But they cannot be forgiven for keeping the site open when such widespread and critical faults are KNOWN to exist with the trading engine.

The issue isn't that the trading engine is slow, it's that it:

[1] - displays wildly incorrect balances over long periods of time.
[2] - reports user actions as having executed when they haven't
[3] - reports incorrect order book information to traders, causing them to mis-price their orders

They know this is going on and because of that site should be closed for trading immediately.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:47:22 PM

Since I made my last post an hour ago, I balanced out my account by buying back NET to resolve the negative balance.

Now I check it 20 minutes after than and I'm now 10 LTC in the RED !!

Since then the market's tanked on the NET side so I'm now having to get back in at a loss to cover the LTC overdraft - and even then I've no idea if I'm at the end of the backlog or not. I might get it settled and then another one comes flying in to blow me back into the red.

As a professional software contractor, my conclusion about the whole Cryptsi thing is - yes they can be forgiven for having growth problems. But they cannot be forgiven for keeping the site open when such widespread and critical faults are KNOWN to exist with the trading engine.

The issue isn't that the trading engine is slow, it's that it:

[1] - displays wildly incorrect balances over long periods of time.
[2] - reports user actions as having executed when they haven't
[3] - reports incorrect order book information to traders, causing them to mis-price their orders

They know this is going on and because of that site should be closed for trading immediately.

Agree -good summary of the situation.

Still waiting for my negative MEC balance to get resolved.

Afraid to trade, withdraw or do anything that might screw things up further.

Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:49:37 PM

Hm, I think suddently closing the website causes more trouble, as people can't access their coins anymore.

I think they chose the right way. It takes some time to fix all their problems, but for me Cryptsy was doing a lot better today. The 'Audit My Accounts' button really helps a lot. It's just a matter of time that Cryptsy needs to get back for the full 100%. Keep on going!

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
jt7382

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:50:11 PM

Also - why the hell do we have to track down if the site is working at the moment? Can't Vern or SOMEONE spend 5 minutes to register a site and post if there are big issues at the moment? I just deposited a ton of coin without realizing the site is TOTALLY BROKEN right now. I don't want to have to search Twitter and IRC for 10 minutes before deciding if it's safe to deposit with them.

God I wish they didn't have a virtual monopoly on the trade of some coins.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:56:43 PM

Hm, I think suddently closing the website causes more trouble, as people can't access their coins anymore.

I don't mean close the website for access or withdrawals, I meant close all *trading*. You cannot trade under those conditions, plus as I say, the trading engine is comprehensively broken.

I think they chose the right way. It takes some time to fix all their problems, but for me Cryptsy was doing a lot better today. The 'Audit My Accounts' button really helps a lot. It's just a matter of time that Cryptsy needs to get back for the full 100%. Keep on going!

Sure it takes time to fix the problems, but they're never going to fix them while the trading's actually active because they'll be overwhelmed with support work.

Regarding the "Audit accounts" button, it just adds fuel to the fire because I've seen it bring back one side of a transaction and not the other - for example, one of my last transactions was LTC for NET. No balances updated, then after clicking the audit button, the LTC went to minus and the NET stayed at zero. Half an hour later I clicked the "Audit" button again and then the NET came through. So now I have to get back in the market and reverse the earlier transaction I did cos I've overshot. This is madness - at least I've got some mental track of roughly where I am but some people must be going round the bend.
airtreb

Activity: 217

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:10:03 PM

i withdraw btc from cryptsy and until now its pending why? please make announcement if there some issue like this...
Jamievs

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:17:53 PM

If BigVern closed down the site to fix known and ongoing issues, then how could he continue to charge transaction fees?

Isn't that the most important thing?

It is impossible for him to do anything wrong since we know his real identity.

Consider that fraud and gross negligence have never been linked to a known identity throughout human history.

No one is crediting him for adding extra LTC markets over the past 24 hours. 99% of complaints on this board over the past 2 weeks have been regarding the urgent need to add more LTC markets. He has delivered. End of story.

Cryptsy understands piorities.

As for the remaining 1% of criticisms fixated on lost money and lost opportunity: everyone gets it, but seriously---you need to understand that BigVern is a nice guy. Why should it suddenly become his problem if Cryptsy users experience issues while he is away in Las Vegas?

Is the financial welfare of you yourself as a Cryptsy user really all that important?

I REALLY do not care about his real identity. What I do care about is that I have about 1.3k USD stuck on cryptsy at the moment and missed out on a lot of lucrative trades. And I still don't have an answer about sple balances being negative. All cool he is a nice guy, but I use cryptsy to make money.

I'm not happy at the moment. Too bad he is in the US, if he was on my own country at least it would make an interesting legal case. So much for knowing a real identity.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:23:00 PM

i withdraw btc from cryptsy and until now its pending why? please make announcement if there some issue like this...

One of the things I noticed last week that was a massive red flag to me was BigVern tweeting that they were "coding up" a fix for the deposits problem and it would be on in a "few hours".

They are firefighting.

Those are the worst possible circumstances to be writing code in because you cut corners all over the place and end up adding bugs into the mix (if that's whats happening).

For example, I don't remember this negative balances thing being an issue before - as far as I know that's a new thing. So I don't subscribe to the idea being promoted on this thread that "they'll get it fixed just be patient". That isn't how software development works, specially when revising highly critical systems dealing with money that can't even validate a positive account balance before executing a transaction.

I don't think it will get better - I think it'll get worse until they do something to buy the proper time needed to step back and calmly upgrade the engine, test it, and relaunch it.
Mike18feb

Activity: 657

MΣC

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:42:53 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 12:05:40 PM by Mike18feb

Saturday morning I made two Zetacoin deposits into my Cryptsy account and neither of them ever showed up in my account.

Using a block explorer I looked them up an hour ago. Both were delivered to Cryptsy. Yet, 13 hours later, (without any showing in my account!) a large sum was taken out of my Cryptsy wallet and sent elsewhere (no, not the entire amount oddly enough, meaning they didn't know about that?), but that action does NOT show up in my list of withdrawals, nor did I receive a confirmation email of any withdrawal (and the mail server logs shows no received emails so it wasn't secretly deleted), just absolutely nothing. Whoever removed those coins did NOT do so through my account or the Cryptsy interface, but must have used a backdoor somehow.

Was Cryptsy hacked?! The amount that Cryptsy allowed to be taken are now inside another wallet.

I've made several tickets on Cryptsy but I haven't heard a word in 36 hours. I'm not getting any answers from them. They don't seem to care.

<||=||>  Rule #1a: Never invest more then you can afford to lose. <||=||>  Rule #1b: Never invest all you can afford to lose. <||=||> 
............. Whenever someone idly claims a scam, a Bitcoin somewhere dies .............
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:46:53 PM

I had some issues yesterday of two bitcoin deposits, then a goldcoin withdrawal that did not go through for many hours. The bitcoin deposts were over 10 hours and had over 50 confirmations.

Then everything just went through.

Like people have said, most of these things will work themselves out. I would close your tickets as soon as it straightens out.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:17:32 AM

Like people have said, most of these things will work themselves out

LoL. I'd like to hear you say that with 100 BTC sitting in limbo.

Negative balances are interesting - that's not something that will "work itself out". Neither is that fact that one side of a transaction can update a balance while the other side doesn't.

I don't want to be slamming them for this - I'm sure there is a lot of sweating and paddling underwater going on. I'm just saying that there are some fundamental logic flaws in the design of that trading engine and that's not something thats going to get fixed anytime soon.
hypostatization (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:19:37 AM

All of you should be ashamed. Do you realize that Cryptsy only generated 148.55 BTC fee revenue last week?

https://cryptostocks.com/announcements/461

It is practically a non-profit.

If Cryptsy suspended trading to fix known ongoing chronic issues, or hired additional help, BigVern would probably have to start skipping meals and sleep out on the street.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: