Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:58:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Litecoin ever see prices above 40 again  (Read 2177 times)
codegeek

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:13:12 AM

Too many coins spread the infrastructure too thin for all coins. Coins are heavily dependent on people keeping up the hash rate high and rising to support increased usage. When people pull out of litecoin because the next TardoCoin comes along it weakens that and causes some coins to start to fade out. It would help out of people did not release coins that really bring nothing new to the table but at this point I don't think there's any stopping it.

Doge coin is worth $900k usd now. It was created as a complete joke to actually mock Chinese pump and dump schemes and look what happened instead? People started buying it up and treating it like something real. That in itself, made it real. It just shows how desperate people that missed the train are to hope and prey they can get on an alt coin train instead.

In the end, I think Litecoin will die out. There can really only be one coin, only one can survive ultimately. Soon as this alt coin fad blows over it will just be Bitcoin left standing for the most part (unless someone really puts something captivating in to play). While Litecoin offers some interesting changes I don't think they are substantial enough to take over the space.

Litecoin ASIC's came out recently in China, imagine how easily they could 51% attack Litecoin with a few of those at this point if they wanted to just end it. Likely they're just milking it for profit but it just goes to show the potential instability.

That's my opinion.
Essex343

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 12:20:34 AM

eventually, sure. i think the altcoins, and specifically litecoin, go through cycles that are based contextually on the btc/usd price action. litecoins will certainly rise in price again, but in the mid term, i think we may see some down movement. i say this because i am also expecting some down movement of btc against usd.

maxxoccupancy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:32:25 AM

In almost every market, there are 2-4 big players and any number of lesser-knowns who know nothing about marketing. 

I would like to work on development of a polymorphic altcoin that maintains a stable value and is more resistant to fraud.
btc: 15diNSNVontYf5iUvQqnLSQJ9rCAHuwpyJ   betyourbits.com      LTC: LRqVTEPcS7uusMy7JDqYEUg6KqdhfRWC5B
DogECoin: DDHG719WNCCav5MWQQqyxLABFhZTG3jwX3     QRK:  QdKnP5SqoG9r4CNuFcY1oesaYUAsu1W5hF
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:44:31 AM

Too many coins spread the infrastructure too thin for all coins. Coins are heavily dependent on people keeping up the hash rate high and rising to support increased usage. When people pull out of litecoin because the next TardoCoin comes along it weakens that and causes some coins to start to fade out. It would help out of people did not release coins that really bring nothing new to the table but at this point I don't think there's any stopping it.

Doge coin is worth $900k usd now. It was created as a complete joke to actually mock Chinese pump and dump schemes and look what happened instead? People started buying it up and treating it like something real. That in itself, made it real. It just shows how desperate people that missed the train are to hope and prey they can get on an alt coin train instead.

In the end, I think Litecoin will die out. There can really only be one coin, only one can survive ultimately. Soon as this alt coin fad blows over it will just be Bitcoin left standing for the most part (unless someone really puts something captivating in to play). While Litecoin offers some interesting changes I don't think they are substantial enough to take over the space.

Litecoin ASIC's came out recently in China, imagine how easily they could 51% attack Litecoin with a few of those at this point if they wanted to just end it. Likely they're just milking it for profit but it just goes to show the potential instability.

That's my opinion.

Nicely written, some people just lost common sence putting money to pure speculative coins. I guess it is some form of gambling
nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:00:16 AM

That's my opinion.

While I agree with the clone dying out , there are a few who might survive.
Namecoin has a purpose , the .bit domains.
Prime coin , although it may turn worthless in term of price , it can survice as a hobby for searching prime numbers.
The rest , trash can.
Look at quark how it lost 50% of the fans and they went to doge.
This will happen to the doge also when they switch to LLamacoin.
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:03:12 AM

source please? It's the first time that I see such a statement

nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:28:12 AM

He's probably talking about stuff like this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341939.0
Just rumors at this moment.
codegeek

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:01:08 AM

If you pay attention to hash power of Litecoin, you can see when ASIC's started hitting.

Don't be too naive to think the people that make Litecoin ASIC's are not going to milk it for a while before selling them to the public, just like Bitcoin ASIC's. It's more profitable for them to run privately until difficulty reaches X, this it's more profitable to be in the hardware business.
wasi90lk

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:05:30 AM

I expect Litecoin to have a value of at least $100 in the next 6 months. Be patient.
nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:09:58 AM

If you pay attention to hash power of Litecoin, you can see when ASIC's started hitting.

Don't be too naive to think the people that make Litecoin ASIC's are not going to milk it for a while before selling them to the public, just like Bitcoin ASIC's. It's more profitable for them to run privately until difficulty reaches X, this it's more profitable to be in the hardware business.

And when was that exactly?
Care to show some numbers?
It has been discussed so many times here , and by people who know what they are talking that, right now , even at those prices asics are not that profitable.
If you can build such things , better build for sha256 Smiley
cherominerito

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:13:09 AM

It´s dependon BTC.All cryptos are. If BTC down, all down.

FootballCoin:  FXFCWvewynp8feR4ZQ1BJbYxeWzByvqgN8
darthburnstuff

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:13:31 AM

I expect Litecoin to have a value of at least $100 in the next 6 months. Be patient.

Why is it you think Litecoin will reach $100?  There are so many other currencies atm.  What features do you think will make Litecoin succeed?  I know it's the 2nd most popular coin but any other coin could come along and take it's place.  Educate me, please.

Athom

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:42:39 AM

I believe the more real world use a coin has the more valuable it'll become.
cerleo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:59:30 AM

Yes,I think it will reach it as it already has gone to a such level.I think it will continue its growth and go bigger.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:00:58 AM

hope so

MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:42:54 AM

it's gonna rise up over $100 in coming weeks as predicted by the poster ^^^
kris10van

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:43:09 AM

Hi,
any suggestions on what coin to start out with? I am excited to start buying any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kris
immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:23:53 AM

Scrypt ASIC might kill Litecoin, the only advantage being able to be mined with GPU profitably might end soon. And Scrypt ASIC in the hands of only one group ? No, thank you

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
wolfspilz

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:34:38 AM

I dont think it will reach 100$ soon, or ever, but who knows.
CryptoM

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:46:36 AM

Hi,
any suggestions on what coin to start out with? I am excited to start buying any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kris

Litecoin. Many trasty pools available.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: