Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:48:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gridcoin the future of ALT coins?  (Read 1373 times)
johnatx (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:01:53 AM

I am new here. Read quite some on BTC and ALT coins in the past few weeks.
Out of all the coins, I like Gridcoin the most as at least we are contributing to science while mining instead of simply wasting energy doing the hash crunching exercise.
This BOINCHASH concept is unique and could truly bring some intrinsic value to the digital currency industry (different from Alan Greenspan's comments).
The question is how to quantify this intrinsic value and what other type of applications can leverage this as well.
andrewp

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:14:41 PM

Check out this topic!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324118.1940

There's everything about the already released features + features that are to come.
We have a very exciting time ahead of us.

Gridcoin is definitely the future!
Andrew.

Proud Gridcoiner since 2013!
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:20:46 PM

Gridcoin is doing the right thing and not bragging about it. You are on the right track Smiley Once the madness we see today dies gridcoin will be one of the few survivors. I recommend following their thread closely.
anonerd

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:35:25 AM

Today is the day that could help Gridcoin to mainstream attention, with your vote on reddit!
Only a few hours are left and we are heads up with another team,
please dont let us miss this media bushfire for the next big open source blockchain technology.

We’re Team Koinify: Help us choose the next crypto / dApp / open sourced project you’d like to see community crowdfunded!

campaign text:
 submitted by TeamKoinify

Hey /r/Bitcoin,
Team Koinify here. We’re a marketplace for decentralized applications (dApps), running crowdfunding campaigns to help fund dApp projects.
As a giveback to the community, we’d like to run a donation-based, zero-fee crowdfunding campaign for an open-source crypto project to help with their exposure and funding. We’re now crowdsourcing the most attractive and impactful project in the ecosystem.
This crowdfunding campaign will have no fee, but still vest on our milestone based fund release structure, such that developer will have fully aligned incentives to deliver after the crowdfunding ends. We want to leverage our connections and influence for the greater good by helping an early stage project emerge from the shadows. It will be 100% donation driven, with all the money going directly to the team. Koinify will do its customary and expected due diligence on the team and the project, vetting and ensuring they are worthy of the campaign.
What do you see as one of the most potentially disruptive areas/projects? Is it crypto infrastructure, is it a dApp, or is it an open sourced protocol? What project do you think will help push the crypto community forward as a whole?
Let us know in the comments below by telling us which project or team you’d like to see a crowdfunding campaign for, and why you believe they should be picked for the crowdfunding campaign. The raised BTC goal and time constraints will depend upon the project that is chosen by the community.
We will leave this thread open for 48 hours. After 48 hours, we will count the number of comments / votes. Let us know, and we can get this running as soon as possible.
Examples: BitMesh, DarkWallet, BitSquare ,FactomLinux, etc. Projects that haven’t received VC funding, are open sourced, and that would help our community and ecosystem grow stronger.

Still waisting energy on Proof-of-Work? Use your Rigs for scientific progress!
Member of Gridcoin-Germany - http://uscore.net (en) - http://uscore.de (de) - http://gridcoin.us (ann)
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:45:57 AM

Gridcoin is doing the right thing and not bragging about it. You are on the right track Smiley Once the madness we see today dies gridcoin will be one of the few survivors. I recommend following their thread closely.

It is under the radar i have not seen it until now, thanks to the OP i will take a look and follow this project/thread.

Cheers 

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:07:16 AM

i don't think so, also curecoin is a direct competitor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: