Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:02:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas M. Antonopoulos [video interview]  (Read 2119 times)
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:15:50 PM

Andreas M. Antonopoulosis
I think it's Antonopoulos not Antonopoulosis  Tongue
Embarrassed Thanks for the correction. Title's edited.

antonopoulosis sounds more like a disease than a person's name  Cheesy
To me it sounds just like any other greek name, but maybe theres something wrong with me  Roll Eyes

Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:50:59 AM

Andreas should be the official spokesperson for Bitcoin.

Seriously.

You're obviously still struggling to understand the basic concept behind a decentralized peer-to-peer currency based on an open source software protocol.  Bitcoin can't have an "official spokesperson".  Seriously.

What? There's a list of recommended spokesman from the Bitcoin Foundation.......

The Bitcoin Foundation is not Bitcoin.

No kidding.

What I'm saying is BittBurger was probably suggesting he be added to that list, which does actually exist.

I'm not interested in the politics of whether or not you particularly feel represented by the Foundation.

I frankly don't care what you're interested in.

I was responding to Bittburger's suggestion that someone can "be the official spokesperson for Bitcoin", which is absurd.  He didn't say anything about a list or The Bitcoin Foundation.

He misspoke out of confusion, laziness or lack of knowledge.

You are just being an arrogant prick, and taking his words literally, when any person with the IQ of a monkey can infer what he actually meant. Given that you not only fail to see that, but instead gave him an arrogant answer which really does not help in any way (either by making him see where he is wrong or referring him to the actual information he needs to understand); it had to be said: There is a Bitcoin Foundation and it has an actual lists of recommended spokesmen, regardless of what you feel about it/them.

So, if you wanna be a literal prick, let me tell, you're wrong as well. His words are not absurd given that there is actually at least one entity that can act as an official spokesman, and has done so in the past: Satoshi.

You're the arrogant prick.  (BTW I agree with what Andreas says.)  But for those who don't, they need to understand that there is not and can not be an official Bitcoin spokesperson.  If they happen to disagree with another Bitcoin supporter's views then they can still benefit from using Bitcoin.  Details and wording are important. Failure to acknowledge this will just lead to even more confusion than there already is (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0CvAeNlku0&t=8m30s).  If pointing that out gets your panties in a bunch, then tough shit.
I agree with shawshankinmate37927, there can not be "the official spokesperson" we can suggest a list of preferred spokespersons, but there is no "single" position in Bitcoin, every position is shared by many.

Also I would like to point out to you gentlemen, that you have a lot of non-native English people on these forums, coming from all over the world, all with different levels of English skill. Shooting off at someone for taking something literal... is acting like a dumb tv American, and while funny on tv, is not appreciated here. We're all (ok, almost all) intelligent people and shooting off doesn't help anybody...

Furthermore, I've found the ignore button very illuminating in the past 3 months. (never had to use it before) Nowadays, aggressive flames get an auto-ignore from me, along with all the other hostilities people are directing at others.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: