Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:31:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest in "Free World Bitcoin Foundation"?  (Read 1602 times)
dewdeded (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:58:20 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 02:08:45 AM by dewdeded

We all know the US and the so called "Bitcoin Foundation" is out of control. Foundation already failed and is making a lot of things worse. E.g. People working for NSA front companies are openly on the board, others give paid talks to intelligence services and take high salary consultant jobs at VC backed companies, forgetting the fact that they get their salary from the foundation and they should be independent and neutral. To represent great diversity all people on the BF board are from the USA. This is insane, you all know it.

This leads to the question, if we people from the free world (= non USA) should found our own Foundation trying to save Bitcoin by truely following Satoshis principles and ideas. (And not selling out our ideals for some $$$.)

Place of jurisdiction could be any proven free and neutral country like Island, Swiss and so on.
I am talking about an international foundation and real world-wide network. An democratic foundation that could really represent the Bitcoin community world-wide. This would be such an upgrade vs. the so called "Bitcoin Foundation" now, that is just an Silicion Valley business club. Where members only care about their salary, next VC money they can raise and how they could secure and increase their wealth.

Don't want to write to much, you get my thoughts.

What you think about it?

Who is in for an workgroup evaluating the best ideas to build an real international, independent usefull Bitcoin organisation?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:51:25 AM

So your idea is to take the already bad idea that is being applied to a country and replace it with the same idea only applied to the entire world?

no.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:54:05 PM

Let's go in Cyprus!
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:58:35 PM

We all know the US and the so called "Bitcoin Foundation" is out of control.

You and some people out there believe that.
I and also a lot of people on this board don't think like that.

So , why are you talking like you're our representative?
I won't even bother to argue with the rest of the "facts" you're mentioning.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 08:32:33 PM

We all know the US and the so called "Bitcoin Foundation" is out of control.

You and some people out there believe that.
I and also a lot of people on this board don't think like that.

So , why are you talking like you're our representative?
I won't even bother to argue with the rest of the "facts" you're mentioning.

Additional booster organizations could be very beneficial, but this one seems a non-starter.

Why support one that starts by presuming to speak for those who have not lent their voice to them?
Why support one that based part of their agenda tearing apart another.  The community is still too small and too fragile for such infighting nonsense?
Build something.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
dewdeded (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:02:42 PM

Why support one that starts by presuming to speak for those who have not lent their voice to them?
Why support one that based part of their agenda tearing apart another.  The community is still too small and too fragile for such infighting nonsense?
Build something.
OMG, English is not my first language. Why do you care about my wording?
The idea obvious is good and needed.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 05:02:22 AM

Why support one that based part of their agenda tearing apart another.  The community is still too small and too fragile for such infighting nonsense?
Build something.
OMG, English is not my first language. Why do you care about my wording?
The idea obvious is good and needed.

OK, just keep it positive please?  Build rather than destroy.
If the idea is to attack others who are working to support bitcoin in their own ways, and to presume that you speak for everyone (including Satoshi) in doing so, it is neither good nor needed.

Come up with a mission statement of what you plan to do.  Use any language you prefer.
What you wrote instead sounds just like every USA politician:  "That other guy is worse than I will be, but I won't say what I will do better, just how bad he is."

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
genjix
Legendary

Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:43:54 AM

Come up with a mission statement of what you plan to do.  Use any language you prefer.

http://unsystem.net/projects/
* Make tools to empower people.
* Self-organised communities.
* Creativity and passion driving us

Interested to hear community's feedback. thx
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:08:38 PM

So your idea is to take the already bad idea that is being applied to a country and replace it with the same idea only applied to the entire world?

no.

+1

You "don't want to write too much"? Why are you bothering to post, even? If you have something to say, say it so it can be evaluated. If you don't feel like writing, don't. And,

http://unsystem.net/projects/
* Make tools to empower people.
* Self-organised communities.
* Creativity and passion driving us

Interested to hear community's feedback. thx

if this guy's involved, basically, kill it with fire.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:44:57 PM

the OP failed at the first hurdle..

calling it a world wide FOUNDATION. a foundation needs to be registered to a country, the same way a charity, corporation or limited company does..

how about trying "consortium" EG w3c. Consortium's are just a group, they require no bureaucracy (legal paperwork tethering them to a particular country)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:49:19 PM

In what way has the bitcoin foundation hurt bitcoin?  I don't really care about the foundation one way or another but as bitcoin continues to expand I don't see how the foundation has been hurting bitcoin.

As far as working with VC's  , isn't that a good thing ?  It's VC's that are pouring money into bitcoin related companies that are helping drive bitcoin to the "mainstream" and make it easier for everyday people to use and stay safe which is what you need if you ever want bitcoin to be more than just a fringe group of techies and liberations using it.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:06:17 PM

Isn't it the "Non-Free-World" that needs Bitcoin the most?  And that appears to be the majority of it.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:01:44 PM

In what way has the bitcoin foundation hurt bitcoin?  I don't really care about the foundation one way or another but as bitcoin continues to expand I don't see how the foundation has been hurting bitcoin.

As far as working with VC's  , isn't that a good thing ?  It's VC's that are pouring money into bitcoin related companies that are helping drive bitcoin to the "mainstream" and make it easier for everyday people to use and stay safe which is what you need if you ever want bitcoin to be more than just a fringe group of techies and liberations using it.

By becoming a centralized point of exposure for government attack, that's how. Strange that the first thing all these decentralization nuts want to do is create a centralized organization. If the lead dev is harassed and jailed in one country, another lead dev pops up in another country.  If you're exchange can't survive in France, move it to Japan. Stop trying to make an org to communicate with lying, backstabbing and oppressive fucking governments or to centrally control a system that's supposed to be free from that kind of control. You don't need it.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:09:57 PM

all people on the BF board are from the USA. This is insane, you all know it.

This i agree with, wholeheartedly.

By becoming a centralized point of exposure for government attack, that's how.

Agreed.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:47:08 AM

Agreed.

That's sort of the point though, yes?  
Defenses grow where the attacks happen.  Such is the nature of antifragility.
If there are regions where attack is expected, through the misappropriation of legal machinations by TPTB or otherwise, foundations will likely sprout.

It ought be no surprise that one formed in the US, where the legal framework is ornate.
http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:02:42 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 07:19:47 AM by Bitcoinpro

Agreed.

They haven't taken down TF's logo yet I'm treating them as a defunct organization unless i see substantial proof they are anything more.

They don't standardize bitcoin and they have zero regulatory power.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: