Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:11:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont drink and bitcoin.  (Read 2733 times)
Cryptolator

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:35:36 PM

Don't feel bad. I was drinking a lot of bourbon a couple days ago. Right as I was about to pass out in bed, I got a request to release escrow. Normally, I'd just wait until the morning, but I was using caffeinated liquid flavor enhancer and apparently decided I was of sound-enough mind. I sent the BTC.... to the wrong address. I quickly deleted mempool in Armory, which completely fcked it up and was too late to prevent the broadcast. Needing to make up for my mistake, I then re-sent the BTC from personal funds. By this point, Armory was completely confused and hadn't registered the transactions internally. Did a rescan and rebuild overnight, and only in the morning did I realize that for the second time, I sent funds to the same wrong address... again. So I recently had to change USD to BTC on Bitfinex to pay out. Guy I accidentally sent to has been non-responsive.

Absolutely the dumbest way I've ever lost $3k. I'd only just started drinking again because my mood improved and I wasn't worried about it becoming some kind of crutch. Now I'm off alcohol for the rest of my life, I think.

ETA: I remember now I also got a call from Craig from Bees Brothers when I finished sending off $3k to a black hole. I have no idea what I said to him. Cheesy
That's not cool to lose that much money, feel sorry for you ! Sad
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 11:20:07 AM

I need a bitcoin wallet I can stick in the freezer that takes a few hours to thaw out before use. By the time it does you can rethink your purchase decisions....
I did this with a credit card one time and it worked surprisingly well.
Laminate the paper wallet, put it in some opaque liquid and freeze it.
No way to read it until it thaws. Wink

I should ask Cascascius if his coins are waterproof :/

Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 11:25:04 AM

Don't feel bad. I was drinking a lot of bourbon a couple days ago. Right as I was about to pass out in bed, I got a request to release escrow. Normally, I'd just wait until the morning, but I was using caffeinated liquid flavor enhancer and apparently decided I was of sound-enough mind. I sent the BTC.... to the wrong address. I quickly deleted mempool in Armory, which completely fcked it up and was too late to prevent the broadcast. Needing to make up for my mistake, I then re-sent the BTC from personal funds. By this point, Armory was completely confused and hadn't registered the transactions internally. Did a rescan and rebuild overnight, and only in the morning did I realize that for the second time, I sent funds to the same wrong address... again. So I recently had to change USD to BTC on Bitfinex to pay out. Guy I accidentally sent to has been non-responsive.

Absolutely the dumbest way I've ever lost $3k. I'd only just started drinking again because my mood improved and I wasn't worried about it becoming some kind of crutch. Now I'm off alcohol for the rest of my life, I think.

ETA: I remember now I also got a call from Craig from Bees Brothers when I finished sending off $3k to a black hole. I have no idea what I said to him. Cheesy

Im glad it wasnt 3000 coins Smiley

omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:25:31 AM

when i drink i like gamble and by the 7th-8th beer i've lost my bankroll.happened too many times during the online golden poker years(2002-2010)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: