Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:16:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A lot of asks vanished  (Read 2209 times)
rikur (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:51:27 AM

Unless it's a trap, the price should go up. No?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rikur (OP)

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:52:07 AM

Looking at Mt.Gox. And just bought all in. Smiley
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:56:44 AM

it's been like that few days. btw, we don't see complete picture at any given time, there could be and probably is a whole bunch of asks above 12.77
indio007

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:02:16 AM

I seriously  think people are bidding on stale prices. If you hit go to the trade page and it takes you a few seconds to decide what you want to do , the price gets stale. That's why I think you have all these instantaneous reversals.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 07:04:08 AM

This weekend, unusually, somebody put in more money. The buy-side trade depth is way up to 60,000 BTC, or about US$600,000. Did somebody finally figure out a way to get cash into Mt. Gox on weekends? Previously, we've seen the buy side slowly run down over the weekend as the cash runs out.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:40:49 PM

Nagle, can I suggest an idea that not all cash sits in bids? Some people set bids when they actually do want to buy. That may happen to be a weekend, if the trend change is becoming apparent.

i am satoshi
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:00:05 PM

Nagle, can I suggest an idea that not all cash sits in bids? Some people set bids when they actually do want to buy. That may happen to be a weekend, if the trend change is becoming apparent.

+1  I almost never leave standing bids. My cash sits at the exchange until I want to buy, then I buy. I imagine many people never hold standing bids and thus the true bid depth on both buy and sell side is very tenuous.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 04:52:58 PM

+1  I almost never leave standing bids. My cash sits at the exchange until I want to buy, then I buy. I imagine many people never hold standing bids and thus the true bid depth on both buy and sell side is very tenuous.
Don't leave sizable cash in the "exchanges" for longer than you have to. They're all too flaky to use as banks. It's still not clear that Mt. Gox has enough cash to pay off all their accounts. Without an outside audit...
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:55:43 PM

Don't leave sizable cash in the "exchanges" for longer than you have to. They're all too flaky to use as banks. It's still not clear that Mt. Gox has enough cash to pay off all their accounts. Without an outside audit...

talk about US national debt and other domestic deficits
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 08:02:42 PM

Hmmm so the big boys had to go out for a meal and the rally took a pause. Tut, tut, tut what's going to happen when they come back?

Me thinks they're gonna say yummy cheapo coins particularly with the conference and decent technical analysis backing this  Grin

But then again I could be wrong  Huh

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:21:15 PM

I'm holding on to my current batch of mined coins until sometime after the conference.  With several major news publications sending staff there, I imagine Bitcoin getting some good press (for once) and maybe a decent rally.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 08:23:47 PM

I'm holding on to my current batch of mined coins until sometime after the conference.  With several major news publications sending staff there, I imagine Bitcoin getting some good press (for once) and maybe a decent rally.

+1

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:24:59 PM

Then again, if we're all holding until after the conference, we might see a crash right afterward as we all try to sell.  Tongue

Catch 22...
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:03:47 AM

Does anyone know if you need the money on mt. gox to place bid order quantity? Like if someone placed a 10K bid at 10, would he need all that money on hand at mt gox to place it?

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:16:12 AM

Does anyone know if you need the money on mt. gox to place bid order quantity? Like if someone placed a 10K bid at 10, would he need all that money on hand at mt gox to place it?

if you have tinfoil hat on, then you don't need all that money to place such an order
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 01:27:50 AM

Yes.. you need the money on hand for it to show up in the bid list.
mtgox lets you place an order without the covering funds - but these orders don't become active/visible until the covering funds materialize from a sale or deposit.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
ruski

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 02:17:42 PM

Buy the rumour, sell the news..

On the other hand, positive attention goes a long way with BTC. Add to that the price per coin is practically meaningless for trade as long as its pegged to USD, and youre left with - a rally of new interest! The sole fundamentals BTC have are the price miners are willing to take, and the price-volume hoarders/earlybirds can take advantage of. A low volume rally is best for miners, high volume for hoarders.

So what we need is more, gradual interest and adoption. News rallies cannot last.

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 03:38:27 AM

Did somebody finally figure out a way to get cash into Mt. Gox on weekends?

Since you're a smart guy, but didn't get this, I'll help you out a bit:

The answer is an astounding yes. The method is simple. It's the Yakuza that's wheelbarring the Yen into mtGox offices,
and to add the obvious punch line in true Charlie Sheen style; DOH!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: