Author Topic: .  (Read 849 times)
BitcoinTristate (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 03:45:41 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 07:45:47 PM by BitcoinTristate

BitcoinTristate  ☎+1-917-686-6420   ..::Highest Volume Trader on Localbitcoins.com::..
    100% Feedback   $20,000 Daily Liquidity  15 Minute Cash in / Cash out   Western Union | MoneyGram | MoneyPak | CashDeposit |
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:28:03 AM

Please contact me via PM.

We will provide you with all details of what we are trying to achieve along with our credentials.

You can also contact us by email: BitcoinTristate@GMail.com

Serious inquiries only. We are looking for some custom coded work that isn't going to be able to be thrown up in a matter of minutes with some kind of wordpress deployment. Although Wordpress isn't frowned upon if you can create the right functionality within it. We're looking to spend a few thousand dollars at least so we expect a quality product that is secure as well. We will be providing all the servers, domains, and anything else needed. We just need the coding, manpower, and deployment skills.

Knowledge of online Bitcoin Wallets, transactions, and security a must. Please do not apply if you are new or are "familiar" with Bitcoin. We need real Bitcoin Developers that we can verify their credentials and previous work.

Any platform / language requirements. I'm very competent PHP programmer but don't know my Ruby from my Rails
BitcoinTristate (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 04:45:27 AM

We will provide you with all details of what we are trying to achieve along with our credentials.

Serious inquiries only. We are looking for some custom coded work that isn't going to be able to be thrown up in a matter of minutes with some kind of wordpress deployment. Although Wordpress isn't frowned upon if you can create the right functionality within it. We're looking to spend a few thousand dollars at least so we expect a quality product that is secure as well. We will be providing all the servers, domains, and anything else needed. We just need the coding, manpower, and deployment skills.

Knowledge of online Bitcoin Wallets, transactions, and security a must. Please do not apply if you are new or are "familiar" with Bitcoin. We need real Bitcoin Developers that we can verify their credentials and previous work.

Any platform / language requirements. I'm very competent PHP programmer but don't know my Ruby from my Rails

Well, I don't believe any specific platform or language will be required. I'm looking for things to be processed very smoothly and with Ajax on functions that require submitting forms and hitting buttons. Everyone likes that kind of thing.

We're looking to implement an online bitcoin wallet as well within the website. If you wish to contact me via PM or by email I can explain the whole project to you.

All the servers, domain, and space have been acquired already. We're ready for production we're just waiting for a producer to come along so we can pay him Smiley !

BitcoinTristate  ☎+1-917-686-6420   ..::Highest Volume Trader on Localbitcoins.com::..
    100% Feedback   $20,000 Daily Liquidity  15 Minute Cash in / Cash out   Western Union | MoneyGram | MoneyPak | CashDeposit |
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:58:10 AM

Well, I don't believe any specific platform or language will be required. I'm looking for things to be processed very smoothly and with Ajax on functions that require submitting forms and hitting buttons. Everyone likes that kind of thing.

We're looking to implement an online bitcoin wallet as well within the website. If you wish to contact me via PM or by email I can explain the whole project to you.

All the servers, domain, and space have been acquired already. We're ready for production we're just waiting for a producer to come along so we can pay him Smiley !

OK, sounds like PHP would be fine. I'll pm you with my credentials.
gamybtc

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:01:16 AM

Hi,

is the Job still available?

I am experienced with bitcoin, and php. I will add you in gtalk now.

BTC : 1fDTCkVcJ7SaVnoFjA5U1xfHQVfv1BWCb
BitcoinTristate (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 05:32:09 PM

*BUMP* Added the Freelancer URL.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:47:41 PM

An entire bitcoin exchange site for $1500? Good luck with the applicants. Most people at freelancer.com are full of bs about the jobs they are done, and their experience levels. I paid $5K for a job there once based on the "teams" feedback and supposed knowledge and it was an absolute nightmare. A 2-month job took 10 months, and I had to babysit them every day of the job. Never again.

I sincerely hope you find someone better.
BitcoinTristate (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:17:08 PM

It's not an exchange, not at all. It's just basically an online web wallet where you can cash out via Cash Deposit, MoneyGram, Western Union, MoneyGram, Vanilla Reload, and MoneyPak.

There isn't any trading between users. You are merely exchanging within the site, instantly. For a given fixed rate % fee when exchanging from BTC <--> USD. There is also a small fee when sending cashing out and receiving cash.

Users can use this site to either buy in (send in a deposit) and buy bitcoins once they are credited their deposit. They can also use it to cash out.

Some users can even use it so they can send BTC to the wallet and then convert it into USD in order to hedge their investment against a falling market.

The site is more geared towards newer users. We already do all these services right now but we are performing this through another business, Localbitcoins.com. Our business is purely dependent on LBC and I don't think this is a very smart strategy. Our volume is clearly scaling and we need a platform that is more efficient, more simple, and user friendly. If LBC were to ever go offline then our business would be hindered and directly affected.

The price of $1,500 is not firm at all, It's completely negotiable. If I feel like we have a quality developer / coder / designer then we will surely pay what they're worth. We were nearly testing the markets at this time.

As far as your experience with Freelancer.com, I think you're absolutely correct. These people are bidding and trying to discuss the project with me yet they have no idea about Bitcoin. In all honesty one of our members a part of our trading team could complete this but we spend most of our time trading. It also wouldn't be on the same level of design and efficiency as say perhaps a true professional designer / coder. That is who we are looking for.

I hope that cleared up a few things for you. We aren't trying to run a website that allows users to exchange with one another. The users are going to be directly dealing with us. Our business model is allowing users to buy and sell coins directly through us QUICKLY. Right now our average trade time is 15~ minutes on WU & MG sending & receiving. All cash deposits & MoneyPak's are completed within nearly 2 minutes. Newer users and certain people sometimes would rather pay a small premium for coins and receive them quickly, safey, and efficiently. That is what most of our transactions consist of.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:26:41 AM

It's not an exchange, not at all. It's just basically an online web wallet where you can cash out via Cash Deposit, MoneyGram, Western Union, MoneyGram, Vanilla Reload, and MoneyPak.

There isn't any trading between users. You are merely exchanging within the site, instantly. For a given fixed rate % fee when exchanging from BTC <--> USD. There is also a small fee when sending cashing out and receiving cash.

Users can use this site to either buy in (send in a deposit) and buy bitcoins once they are credited their deposit. They can also use it to cash out.

Some users can even use it so they can send BTC to the wallet and then convert it into USD in order to hedge their investment against a falling market.

The site is more geared towards newer users. We already do all these services right now but we are performing this through another business, Localbitcoins.com. Our business is purely dependent on LBC and I don't think this is a very smart strategy. Our volume is clearly scaling and we need a platform that is more efficient, more simple, and user friendly. If LBC were to ever go offline then our business would be hindered and directly affected.

The price of $1,500 is not firm at all, It's completely negotiable. If I feel like we have a quality developer / coder / designer then we will surely pay what they're worth. We were nearly testing the markets at this time.

As far as your experience with Freelancer.com, I think you're absolutely correct. These people are bidding and trying to discuss the project with me yet they have no idea about Bitcoin. In all honesty one of our members a part of our trading team could complete this but we spend most of our time trading. It also wouldn't be on the same level of design and efficiency as say perhaps a true professional designer / coder. That is who we are looking for.

I hope that cleared up a few things for you. We aren't trying to run a website that allows users to exchange with one another. The users are going to be directly dealing with us. Our business model is allowing users to buy and sell coins directly through us QUICKLY. Right now our average trade time is 15~ minutes on WU & MG sending & receiving. All cash deposits & MoneyPak's are completed within nearly 2 minutes. Newer users and certain people sometimes would rather pay a small premium for coins and receive them quickly, safey, and efficiently. That is what most of our transactions consist of.

Thanks for clearing that up. And good you can see through the people at freelancer.com. They often claim "teams of 30 people" with a skill list as long as your arm and can't program for shit, honestly. And they don't have 30 people either Wink

The idea, though, however simple it sounds in your head, actually involves a lot of work. An online web wallet that accepts multiple payment methods. Think of the security programming needed if nothing else. Its a huge responsibility handling peoples' money. Again, reminds me of freelancer.com "programmers", the ones we ended up with didn't even know how to protect against SQL injection attacks let alone anything else.

I'm not trying to push the price up for any reason, I've no wish to get the job. Just saying for a job like that, done *properly*, by a professional PHP programmer, followed by a proper security audit,  I wouldn't expect change out of  $20K.
BitcoinTristate (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:32:32 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 03:46:13 AM by BitcoinTristate

We're not looking to accept multiple payment methods in the way that you are thinking. The way that we would accept any payment method besides Bitcoin will all be manual.

Bitcoin would be the only payment that would be automatically accepted and deposited into your account. All other payment methods would lead to an option where you would be given the instructions on how to perform the payment. After you have completed the payment you then return and fill out the details of the completed payment you just made. If you sent a Western Union for example you would then complete a form with the MTCN, Sender's Name, City, Full Amount, ETC. Then we would then receive that information through email, sms, or whatever system is in place to push that information. We would have people standing by ready to collect those payments and after they are collected we would then manually credit that amount to their balance on the account.

In all honesty I truly believe and feel like I could create the website and feel good about everything besides the automatic Bitcoin deposits / withdraws. Just like you said, I want to make sure that other people's money is safe and secure. Although I do know and believe that 90% of supposed "hacks" are merely the owners taking off with the money, that's fact. The "virtual" amounts which would be the USD would be backed physically with fiat that we received through their original payment.

We have a business in place that we currently already do all of this. We are just wanting to automate our business and take away our dependency on another business to run ours (Localbitcoins). We enjoy and applaud Localbitcoins service but we are starting to grow a very steady regular base of customers and certain disputes and staff support time is just not meeting the demand we are beginning to have. If anything is to happen to Localbitcoins then our business is at risk as well. We believe the only forward step for us to keep up with our demand and scale would be to create our own establishment where users can perform the same things they've been doing, but just on our turf. I would estimate that 75% of our customer base are newcomers as well, which we work with them as much as we can. We want our site to be even more simplified and a streamline process for them obtaining Bitcoin. Through constant talks and daily trades we've realized that a lot of the reasons that certain users waited so long to get into Bitcoin or yet haven't is simply because the process of acquiring one. By creating a more "straight-forward" less demanding process then I believe we could bring even more users into bitcoin.

With me thinking in my simplest terms this is what I come up with for the website. I'm not a designer, coder, or any type of website engineer by no means either. I just imagine an online bitcoin wallet with user accounts that separates their balances. This could be done by multiple wallets for each user or just one single wallet for everyone. I'm not sure how to go about this one and I don't feel safe at all designing the idea behind the Bitcoin process and wallet. The other payment methods that come to mind are very simple though. The user wants to pay with MoneyGram? Okay. They click the MoneyGram deposit button and then they are presented with the details. They then go make the payment, come back, and click MoneyGram Deposit and click Payment Made button or something. Then they're presented with a form for them to enter all those details. We get that info and pick up the payment, or check if it's good (Cash deposit for example) then manually credit them. So in my eyes I just see all other payment methods besides Bitcoin as just simple Contact Forms that customers fill out.

If somehow we were to scale to massive size then I can imagine it would be beneficial to make the process a little more automatic for other payment methods besides Bitcoin but it would be way down the road. Right now we have 3 team members on board that constantly accept and pick up Western Union's and MoneyGram's all day long. As soon as they confirm with me they have successfully acquired the payments that is when we release / send their coins. The only change that would be made is that once they send the details through and we acquire the payment we just update their balance. This process so far has seemed to be the most risk free for our part and has happened to work out quite well.

We are looking for a quality developer though that can implement this. The price is definitely negotiable as I said before. We would much rather pay more and have someone we know is qualified with a proven track record. I don't want to go as far and say that Money is not an option but I will say that we are willing to pay whatever the developer is worth.

PS: I think I will be cancelling this Freelancer ad. Every bid has been pathetic. I've interviewed each applicant and they have nothing to show. I feel like I could do 2x a better job than any of them and that isn't even saying much. I'm half tempted to do it myself after all of this discouragement with finding someone capable. The only reason that I haven't is because it would take quite a bit of time for me to do it. The time it would take for me to build this website it would be cheaper for me to just pay someone else to do it because I would lose money by spending all my time building it rather than doing my job. The main concern with me doing it is that I've never created or ran an online web wallet. I could probably fiddle around and get it working but definitely not something that I'm confident in enough to put other user's money at risk. Anyone else's money or property should be treated with utmost care and 10x more than my own. I personally myself am very reluctant to keep ANY amount in ANY web wallet unless I have to. I know that I wouldn't keep money in some wallet that I create, so that definitely says to me I shouldn't make or try and make something to hold someone else's. Hehe =) Although I don't intend or plan for any users to store their Bitcoin's long-term or to even use our wallet as storage. We will do everything we can to make it completely and utterly safe but we aren't going to promote that web wallet's are the safest, etc like others have done in the past (you know who). The idea for the wallet is just simply so users can hedge their investment against falling prices. I myself have freaked out a time or two and cashed out real quick only to realize that I wish I didn't. Some users may also want to hold less Bitcoin and move it into fiat but not necessarily want to cash out their fiat right away. Although the main reason for the wallet is just so beginning users can have a good solid "stable" wallet. Unfortunately most users "run" before they can "crawl". We have so many people come in and purchase $100 dollars worth of Bitcoin then after they do they ask us "Now what?". We encourage people to get into Bitcoin and some are just so eager. Also on a 2nd note it is entirely possible to "skip" our whole online wallet altogether if a user wishes to. We could just immediately convert their payment into Bitcoins and send to whichever address they like. We would leave that up to the user. We just see that by creating an online wallet that it would benefit some of our customers, so that's why we have the idea for it, as well as holding a fiat balance.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:44:20 AM

We're not looking to accept multiple payment methods in the way that you are thinking. The way that we would accept any payment method besides Bitcoin will all be manual.

Bitcoin would be the only payment that would be automatically accepted and deposited into your account. All other payment methods would lead to an option where you would be given the instructions on how to perform the payment. After you have completed the payment you then return and fill out the details of the completed payment you just made. If you sent a Western Union for example you would then complete a form with the MTCN, Sender's Name, City, Full Amount, ETC. Then we would then receive that information through email, sms, or whatever system is in place to push that information. We would have people standing by ready to collect those payments and after they are collected we would then manually credit that amount to their balance on the account.

In all honesty I truly believe and feel like I could create the website and feel good about everything besides the automatic Bitcoin deposits / withdraws. Just like you said, I want to make sure that other people's money is safe and secure. Although I do know and believe that 90% of supposed "hacks" are merely the owners taking off with the money, that's fact. The "virtual" amounts which would be the USD would be backed physically with fiat that we received through their original payment.

We have a business in place that we currently already do all of this. We are just wanting to automate our business and take away our dependency on another business to run ours (Localbitcoins). We enjoy and applaud Localbitcoins service but we are starting to grow a very steady regular base of customers and certain disputes and staff support time is just not meeting the demand we are beginning to have. If anything is to happen to Localbitcoins then our business is at risk as well. We believe the only forward step for us to keep up with our demand and scale would be to create our own establishment where users can perform the same things they've been doing, but just on our turf. I would estimate that 75% of our customer base are newcomers as well, which we work with them as much as we can. We want our site to be even more simplified and a streamline process for them obtaining Bitcoin. Through constant talks and daily trades we've realized that a lot of the reasons that certain users waited so long to get into Bitcoin or yet haven't is simply because the process of acquiring one. By creating a more "straight-forward" less demanding process then I believe we could bring even more users into bitcoin.

With me thinking in my simplest terms this is what I come up with for the website. I'm not a designer, coder, or any type of website engineer by no means either. I just imagine an online bitcoin wallet with user accounts that separates their balances. This could be done by multiple wallets for each user or just one single wallet for everyone. I'm not sure how to go about this one and I don't feel safe at all designing the idea behind the Bitcoin process and wallet. The other payment methods that come to mind are very simple though. The user wants to pay with MoneyGram? Okay. They click the MoneyGram deposit button and then they are presented with the details. They then go make the payment, come back, and click MoneyGram Deposit and click Payment Made button or something. Then they're presented with a form for them to enter all those details. We get that info and pick up the payment, or check if it's good (Cash deposit for example) then manually credit them. So in my eyes I just see all other payment methods besides Bitcoin as just simple Contact Forms that customers fill out.

If somehow we were to scale to massive size then I can imagine it would be beneficial to make the process a little more automatic for other payment methods besides Bitcoin but it would be way down the road. Right now we have 3 team members on board that constantly accept and pick up Western Union's and MoneyGram's all day long. As soon as they confirm with me they have successfully acquired the payments that is when we release / send their coins. The only change that would be made is that once they send the details through and we acquire the payment we just update their balance. This process so far has seemed to be the most risk free for our part and has happened to work out quite well.

We are looking for a quality developer though that can implement this. The price is definitely negotiable as I said before. We would much rather pay more and have someone we know is qualified with a proven track record. I don't want to go as far and say that Money is not an option but I will say that we are willing to pay whatever the developer is worth.

PS: I think I will be cancelling this Freelancer ad. Every bid has been pathetic. I've interviewed each applicant and they have nothing to show. I feel like I could do 2x a better job than any of them and that isn't even saying much. I'm half tempted to do it myself after all of this discouragement with finding someone capable. The only reason that I haven't is because it would take quite a bit of time for me to do it. The time it would take for me to build this website it would be cheaper for me to just pay someone else to do it because I would lose money by spending all my time building it rather than doing my job. The main concern with me doing it is that I've never created or ran an online web wallet. I could probably fiddle around and get it working but definitely not something that I'm confident in enough to put other user's money at risk. Anyone else's money or property should be treated with utmost care and 10x more than my own. I personally myself am very reluctant to keep ANY amount in ANY web wallet unless I have to. I know that I wouldn't keep money in some wallet that I create, so that definitely says to me I shouldn't make or try and make something to hold someone else's. Hehe =)

bahtcoin.com does something like you are suggesting.
BitcoinTristate (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 04:00:22 AM

PS: I think I will be cancelling this Freelancer ad. Every bid has been pathetic. I've interviewed each applicant and they have nothing to show. I feel like I could do 2x a better job than any of them and that isn't even saying much. I'm half tempted to do it myself after all of this discouragement with finding someone capable. The only reason that I haven't is because it would take quite a bit of time for me to do it. The time it would take for me to build this website it would be cheaper for me to just pay someone else to do it because I would lose money by spending all my time building it rather than doing my job. The main concern with me doing it is that I've never created or ran an online web wallet. I could probably fiddle around and get it working but definitely not something that I'm confident in enough to put other user's money at risk. Anyone else's money or property should be treated with utmost care and 10x more than my own. I personally myself am very reluctant to keep ANY amount in ANY web wallet unless I have to. I know that I wouldn't keep money in some wallet that I create, so that definitely says to me I shouldn't make or try and make something to hold someone else's. Hehe =)

bahtcoin.com does something like you are suggesting.

Hehe, Bahtcoin.com is really skimmed down. I was thinking that I really, really like the layout that QuickyCoin.com has. I can imagine something like this. A Simple one page where you see a logo of all the deposit / cashout methods for the site. You would also be presented with the Create Account or Access Account buttons. Once logged in you could then either "Deposit" or "Withdraw". You click Deposit and then you're given the options of Deposit - Bitcoin, MoneyGram, Western Union, MoneyPak, Cash Deposit, etc. You click "Withdraw" then you are given the same options but this time you are withdrawing. As soon as you initiate a withdraw for say MoneyGram you then will be alerted by SMS or Email once it is complete. The key function of our business is going to be QUICK TRADES. That is why we have a steady customer base now. You will be shown the withdraw / deposit options but also the "estimated time" each transaction will take. People are just damn tired of slow transactions when trying to get Bitcoin. It's awesome you can make Bitcoin transactions and send them anywhere in the world within seconds, but it blows that it takes 3-4 days with a Bank Wire to even get money to an exchange to buy a Bitcoin. We want to make it easier and faster to get Bitcoins, which we already do just through another business (LBC). So say it's Sunday evening.. the Cash Deposit option would say that the transaction is estimated to be completed upon Monday Morning @ 9:15 AM. Now if you look at the MoneyPak option it says: 5 Minutes. So if you went and bought a MoneyPak and entered the codes we could process it within 5 minutes and have your balance on there. We could even offer "guarantees" on our deposit / withdraw times. If we miss our estimated time then we credit your deposit or withdraw say +2% or something. This way we offer quick deposit or withdraws for our customer so they win, and if we miss our projected times then they still win. We of course would have to add a few rules to this but you get the idea.

So there you go, for any potential developers out there. That is the whole idea. I've put it all out there pretty good in this thread thanks to empoweoqwj's responses. If you think you are capable of performing what I'm asking then just send me a PM. I'm willing to pay for quality. Please send me your bids and your estimated time-frame that it would take you to build this. I want to draw up an agreement as well for all of this and we can use any escrow service that is reputable. I'm under the impression that John K is the man around these neck of the woods so I would assume he would be a good choice. With the way that the volatility has been in the market then I suggest we deal in terms of cash. I can mail Cash, MoneyPak, Western Union, MoneyGram or whatever to our escrow agent if you wished. If you needed any installments or wished for payments throughout the process (if it is a long process) then we can negotiate on that as well.

Thanks again for anyone taking the time to read this entire thread and understand the needs of the project. I think if you read through this entire thread then you can get a firm grasp on the project and what I wish to be created.

kodemurani

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:41:47 PM

Is this project still on?

We were able to get a Intersango exchange (basically buy/sell) to run. May be you could leverage that as well. But the UI work is still pending for the portal. Also specific banks linkages may need to be done.

Let me know if you would be interested.
BitcoinTristate (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 03:31:33 AM

Is this project still on?

We were able to get a Intersango exchange (basically buy/sell) to run. May be you could leverage that as well. But the UI work is still pending for the portal. Also specific banks linkages may need to be done.

Let me know if you would be interested.

Feel free to give us a PM. I currently have a developer that I've consulted with but if you have something that is near finish or we could work from, we would be very interested.

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: