Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another bitcoin gambling site  (Read 589 times)
Harry Carson (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:36:14 AM

I'm making another bitcoin gambling site.

I was already in the team to make one (https://coinballer.com) and I've got a second one on the way.

The game is going to be with a similar dynamic, but a little more exciting.

If there's any gambling men or women reading this, express your interest here and I'll hook you up with the announcement thread when we launch in about a week.
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:53:09 AM

I was already in the team to make one (https://coinballer.com) and I've got a second one on the way.

If there's any gambling men or women reading this, express your interest here and I'll hook you up with the announcement thread when we launch in about a week.

Your second one? Which was the first?
And since you're a newbie , I won't risk my coins on a fresh website with an unknown admin.
codegeek

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:20:09 AM

And since you're a newbie , I won't risk my coins on a fresh website with an unknown admin.

For as many veteran devs / members here that have run big scams that I've seen just so far, I wouldn't base a decision to use a site on how much reputation someone has on this forum. I don't think the admins here bother to ban people or even look in to that sort of thing.

Do some proper due diligence. Just because someone doesn't have 1000 posts here and signed up the second day the site was up, doesn't necessarily mean they're out to steal your bitcoin. If you care about this sort of thing, you should give it it's fair chance and check it out rather than discount it simply because someone doesn't have a high post count. At least that's what I'd do. Rep here really doesn't mean a ton. With enough temptation sitting in their bitcoin wallet, too many people would be happy to snatch it up rather than care about some forum account they can just start over with easily.

I say, give any site it's fair chance, evaluate the code, quality, make your decision from that and then don't risk more than you feel comfortable risking on the site. Moral of the story is, any bitcoin site is a risk regardless of what someones forum account looks like... I mean, how much is a forum account worth? Not much...
binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 05:33:09 AM

Thanks for the info on this.  The community amazes me sometimes.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:40:42 AM

Thanks for the info on this.  The community amazes me sometimes.

Is that in a good or in a bad way! You could have elaborated a bit more on the subject Smiley
codegeek

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:09:36 AM

Yeah , nice words!
You wrote three damns paragraphs and said nothing.
What was your other project?
And about honesty , we can deal with those very easy.
Make a deposit with a trusted escrow on this forum so we know you're going to pay back:).

I was voicing my opinion because you seem extremely negative toward the OP for all the wrong reasons. Do what you will, I guess some people were just born to troll.

Not sure why you're asking me about his other project, perhaps you're confused.
nate008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:24:36 AM

I was voicing my opinion because you seem extremely negative toward the OP for all the wrong reasons. Do what you will, I guess some people were just born to troll.

Not sure why you're asking me about his other project, perhaps you're confused.

Oh crap sorry!
When I hit the updated topic link I mistaken the author with last last poster and didn't double checked when I posted the reply.
It was meant for him of course , not you.
Harry Carson (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:48:04 AM

https://coinballer.com -- the link is in the original post. It's a pretty novel game, I don't think I've seen anything like it anywhere else.

Naturally I expect people to be cautious - my account is new, after all - but I do really appreciate the business of anybody who will test the waters.

Funny story, I ballsed up with the code and the first few games didn't run so smoothly. C'est la vie! We did reimburse those people and trust they had a satisfactory experience, but would have been better if my code worked the first time...

Oh well, you live and you learn - next site should run a bit smoother I daresay!

I've put up a placeholder website, http://blockchainlotto.com and set a launch date. I have most of the code written, let's see if I can get it finished in time...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: