Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:22:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: The Game [Dev Log][Funding Needed!][Backers Wanted!]  (Read 488 times)
iluveunc (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

CEO/Founder AltSwap (Cryptocurrency Exchange)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:11:35 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 07:18:34 AM by iluveunc

That’s right, you read the title correctly. Bitcoin is missing one thing: a game. In this post, I will be updating the thread with developer updates throughout development, posting and keeping track of donors and rewards, and periodically sharing pictures and videos of actual gameplay. Keep in mind, this game is in its early stages and backing prices may go up if popularity rises.

If you have services to offer (ie. graphic design, marketing, etc) and would like to be a part of the development, please send me a PM with your portfolio and I will get back to you about the project. If I have missed anything in the post or you have any questions about the game just post and I will reply promptly!

Currently the game is not in alpha yet but it should be soon! I am looking for backers on the project to get some money for the website and various other costs. Below there is an extensive list of what you will receive for funding the game - it is not a donation but rather an investment because you WILL be receiving things for your contribution. Planned release date is sometime in March/April but backing the game will get you in earlier. The goal of this project is to have a game about Bitcoin funded completely with Bitcoins! I can't wait to work with you all to bring this to the public!

Game details:

Players will start with a set amount of Bitcoins in their digital wallet. Every user gets the same amount and if the game is reset this is the amount that it will be reset to. It has not been decided if the Bitcoin market will utilize prices from actual sites but this will probably not be the case since having our own simulator will allow us to implement frequent random events and provide a fair high score board. Users will be in complete control of their Bitcoins, choosing when, how, and on what market they wish to sell them. In early versions of the game (ie. Alpha or Beta) there may only be one or two trading sites but this could change depending on feedback I receive. But a game with only buying or selling Bitcoins would be way too boring! Look below for a full list of features!

Features:

- Buy or sell Bitcoin on multiple markets
- Random events that further influence Bitcoin price
- Storefront to spend your Bitcoins
- Buy ASIC miners and GPU setups for mining Bitcoins
- Real hardware sold at real prices
- Possibly the ability to buy extra Bitcoins
- Always updated with new mining hardware as it is released
- Alternative coins may be implemented if there is demand
- Possibly real-world scenarios such as hackers etc
- Possibly new alternative coins developed and released during gameplay
- Totally randomized for every player and restart

Screenshots/videos:

Note: the image below is only a prototype. It is by no means guaranteed to look like the final version - it is an alpha screenshot. More screenshots coming soon of other screens!

Fund the Project! WE NEED YOU!

How to back project and get credit:

1. Send BTC funding to: 1Q6hPQfJANFzthXiCkedHk3S7ptAZVUZ5E
2. Post on forum the amount you have just sent, the total amount sent, and what address you sent the payment from
3. Your donation will be posted to this google doc until the game's website is fully up and running: http://tinyurl.com/lpkk7e9

*Our goal is to raise 20+ BTC on this project. If you wish to make a large contribution over any amount listed, please send me a PM and we can make a deal privately.*

Copper donor: 0.005BTC
- Name listed on contributors page of website and/or game
- Huge thank you email from me

Bronze donor: 0.01BTC
- A copy of the game on release day (March/April if all goes as planned)
- Exclusive preview content from early development

Silver donor: 0.05BTC
- Beta access and private forum account (Beta date hopefully in February/March or earlier)
- A copy of the game on release day (March if all goes as planned)

Gold donor: 0.1BTC
- YOU contribute to the game by adding a trading site and/or alternative currency of your choice [if there are many donors, the best will be voted on]
- Advertise whatever you want on the website (BTC address, phrase, website, etc)
- Beta access and private forum account (Beta date hopefully in February/March or earlier)

Platinum donor: 0.3BTC
- Alpha access and private forum account (Alpha date before Beta [January/February?])
- Direct communication with the developer (me) over Skype to talk about the app
- YOU contribute to the game by adding a trading site and/or alternative currency of your choice [if there are many donors, the best will be voted on]
- Advertise whatever you want on the website (BTC address, phrase, website, etc)

Sponsor:

So you believe in the long-term success of this game? You want to see it succeed, help it achieve huge goals, and make a lot of money doing it? Sponsor the game and get a share of the profits for an entire YEAR! You will have access to financial data regarding the app straight from Apple’s Developer Center and will receive payment once per month. You will also be ranked as a platinum donor for the game and get all of those benefits as well.

Level 1: 1% profit share - 0.5BTC (3 avail)
Level 2: 3% profit share - 1.4BTC (4 avail)
Level 3: 5% profit share - 2.2BTC (2 avail)
Level 4: 10% profit share - 4.2BTC (1 avail)

These shares are in LIMITED QUANTITIES so if you would like one, get it now!

Want to give more to help out? PM me and I might even take you out to dinner to get an early preview and hands-on of the game.

*Please note: donations are stackable - this means if you become a copper donor today and donate another amount tomorrow, you will be credited for the total amount donated instead of each individual one. Funds are non-refundable.

If you are really interested in the development of this app and wish to help out with your services or funding, or just want to mildly keep up with the game until it is released, be sure to watch this thread!

Uncomfortable with backing a project without seeing gameplay? Hold off for a few weeks and keep checking back on the post and you will see the progression of the game. Remember, the game will rely on the community for moral, skill, and financial backing! I can’t do this alone!

=== DEVELOPER LOG ===

*December 14, 2013*
- Initial brainstorm and rough sketches of game
- Initial post on forum

*December 15, 2013*
- First preliminary screenshot posted
- Coding begins!

~ Some previous projects for proof that I am a developer (you aren't sending your BTC to just anyone) ~
- Bring Back the Buzz (official Charlotte Hornets campaign app) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bring-back-the-buzz/id639236224?mt=8
- Letter Medley (a word-scrambler) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/letter-medley/id539374083?mt=8
- UNC Bus Tracker (bus tracker for my university) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/unc-bus-tracker/id707088896?mt=8
- Planet X (space fighter) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/planet-x/id399961354?mt=8

Bitcoin address: 1Q6hPQfJANFzthXiCkedHk3S7ptAZVUZ5E

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:19:11 AM

Any proofs of previous work?
Because :

"*December 14, 2013*
- Initial post on forum"

it seems you have noting at this point.
iluveunc (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:31:49 AM

Any proofs of previous work?
Because :

"*December 14, 2013*
- Initial post on forum"

it seems you have noting at this point.

As in this game or as in any app period?

As far as the App Store goes, I've had a few releases that have been successful:
- Bring Back the Buzz (official Charlotte Hornets campaign app) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bring-back-the-buzz/id639236224?mt=8
- Letter Medley (a word-scrambler) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/letter-medley/id539374083?mt=8
- UNC Bus Tracker (bus tracker for my university) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/unc-bus-tracker/id707088896?mt=8
- Planet X (space fighter) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/planet-x/id399961354?mt=8

And some other stuff. As for this game, I have fought sketches and have began the backside coding but that isn't far enough for a preview until sometime next week probably.

Thanks for the concern! Always helps Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing
iluveunc (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:20:06 AM

I have added a preliminary screenshot. It does not reflect in any way what may be decided upon in the final version of the app but it should give you an idea of the simplistic layout. As I set up more screens I'll be releasing more/updated screenshots.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: