Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Mining Rig  (Read 682 times)
bcsessa1 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:18:14 AM

Given a reasonable amount of money (say, nothing over 15000 USD), what is the best mining rig with taking into account the rising difficultly and rise in price (also, please don't redirect to The Genesis Block, I want to here what people have to say, not numbers).
RoiToi

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:27:06 AM

The sold out KNC Neptune rig, even though its 14,000usd
and 3TH, seems the sure bet, based on KNC being a winner of record.
Pulls 2kw+ at the plug. Hefty.

BlackArrow Prospero X-3 2TH is a good maybe.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:48:12 AM

Given a reasonable amount of money (say, nothing over 15000 USD), what is the best mining rig with taking into account the rising difficultly and rise in price (also, please don't redirect to The Genesis Block, I want to here what people have to say, not numbers).

Obviously you are looking for a preorder that will be delivered to you around march and that only if you are lucky  Tongue
So because we talk about preorders taking into account the reputation and past performance on delivering things is what you should look for.

Tl;dr: Buy bitcoins instead of miners  Tongue

Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:27:10 AM

Make a GPU mining rig for alt-coins.

With a whole bunch, with good mining power, you can either mine LTC or take advantage of alt-coins to get quicky easy BTC.

I would have made so much if I had a GPU rig when Dogecoins first came out.
bigfoot6696

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:07:36 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 09:19:47 AM by bigfoot6696

Lol these massive hash jumps are making noob mining impossible because all these guys buying these asic machines. They are buying USED EQUIPMENT on top of that lol....  Their pre ordered machine is plugged in right now mining for the guys who built them......pre order= you paid for the design and manufacture. once its built of course were going to have to test it till we reap 20x its worth then we will ship it. You get it mine for a bit and then its obsolete within 5 months so you gotta buy a new one.... repeat cycle.... anyone not invested into the th range already will never see a ROI period.... mine alt coins trade up to btc do not even attempt to mine btc your wasting valuable time because when these guys decide its time to stop skimming off the purchasers and release them and move on to the next massive miners to repeat this cycle. the only people mining bit coins will be the asic family of 600gh + move to alt coins now while you still have a decent chance.. i would love to see a coin made that cant be farmed CPU ONLY and antibot net. sorry but you missed this boat about 2 years ago.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:06:49 AM

Their pre ordered machine is plugged in right now mining for the guys who built them......pre order= you paid for the design and manufacture. once its built of course were going to have to test it till we reap 20x its worth then we will ship it.

Maybe when bitcoin becomes more mainstream all those organizations that protect the rights of consumers will look in depth at the practices of asic companies. So far preorders are a bet that buyers constantly lose...

RoiToi

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:44:15 PM

I bot the cheapest KNC in Aug., got it in late Oct, paid about 2000us.
mined 7 btc, 20nmc. it was worth it.
still pulling .085 a day at current diff
unexpected btc would go to 1000.
take a chance or don't.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:56:56 PM

The sold out KNC Neptune rig, even though its 14,000usd
and 3TH, seems the sure bet, based on KNC being a winner of record.
Pulls 2kw+ at the plug. Hefty.

BlackArrow Prospero X-3 2TH is a good maybe.

Do you know their time-frame for delivery? How many days will it take for the rig to be delivered to our address?
RoiToi

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:00:13 PM

read the threads in the custom hardware section. Late feb for BlackArrow, Quarter 2 for knc.
arajdhariwal

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:36:44 PM

I bot the cheapest KNC in Aug., got it in late Oct, paid about 2000us.
mined 7 btc, 20nmc. it was worth it.
still pulling .085 a day at current diff
unexpected btc would go to 1000.
take a chance or don't.

very good congrats
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: