Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi graphics card plugged into custom board controlled raspberry pi  (Read 2752 times)
mrhobbeys (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:24:42 AM

I've been searching around to find if anyone has made something like bitfury M or H board that would allow multiple graphics cards to be plugged and controlled by one computer or possibly raspberry pi.

If you are interested in something like this please leave a note.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:05:48 AM

That's pretty much impossible.  That's like trying to plug a graphics card in to a Nintendo GameBoy and expecting to be able to play Wii games.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:06:54 PM

For what benefit? It is not like commodity motherboards are expensive and unobtainable.
mrhobbeys (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:57:48 PM

For what benefit? It is not like commodity motherboards are expensive and unobtainable.

More for fun than anything. I ordered Logi-Pi and Logi-Bone FPGAs from Kickstarter and thought it would be fun to see if I could interface with the OpenCL on several different graphics cards at once. I have found a little information but nothing promising at this point.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

A Pi si just about fast enough to control the data coming to and from a few ASICs.  It's never, ever going to have enough CPU power to even get a GPU working. 

It's like raising London's Tower Bridge using a cordless screwdriver.
mrhobbeys (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:05:30 AM

A Pi si just about fast enough to control the data coming to and from a few ASICs.  It's never, ever going to have enough CPU power to even get a GPU working. 

It's like raising London's Tower Bridge using a cordless screwdriver.

It runs several more than a *few* (I have had 21 block erupters on 1 Pi with no issues).

FPGA would take over the processing the RPi would end up as network translation and other low demand tasks.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:56:06 PM

I dont see why it couldnt work since people already mine on linux box's. It's not the Pi doing the hashing it is the gpu's, the Pi just runs the OS.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: