Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:40:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vending Machine That Accepts Cryptocurrency  (Read 151 times)
PsylockReborn (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:36:11 PM

On Track Innovations (OTI) invented the world's first cryptocurrency vending machine with "high-speed, low-fee" micropayments. This machine accepts Bitcoin ( BTC ), Bitcoin Cash BCH and Ripple ( XRP ).

http://cryptonewsreview.com/world-first-cryptocurrency-payments-system-for-vending-machines-launched/

Vending machines are rampant anywhere in the world and it would be so cool seeing one that accepts cryptocurrency with faster speed transactions and lower fees. This will totally surpass the traditional vending machines that accepts quarters or dimes since all you have to do is use a standard mobile crypto wallet and your good to go. The good thing is that all currency exchange issues were already handled and taken care of.

This is so awesome that I can't wait to see or even operate one.

Will this innovation be accepted in the society? As a businessman, will you invest in this kind of business knowing that crypto values are very volatile?
manhont

Activity: 518
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:48:50 PM

On Track Innovations (OTI) invented the world's first cryptocurrency vending machine with "high-speed, low-fee" micropayments. This machine accepts Bitcoin ( BTC ), Bitcoin Cash BCH and Ripple ( XRP ).

http://cryptonewsreview.com/world-first-cryptocurrency-payments-system-for-vending-machines-launched/

Vending machines are rampant anywhere in the world and it would be so cool seeing one that accepts cryptocurrency with faster speed transactions and lower fees. This will totally surpass the traditional vending machines that accepts quarters or dimes since all you have to do is use a standard mobile crypto wallet and your good to go. The good thing is that all currency exchange issues were already handled and taken care of.

Will this innovation be accepted in the society? As a businessman, will you invest in this kind of business knowing that crypto values are very volatile?

It's a pity not to publish the list of countries in which these machines will be located, I would like to see such a machine in my city

PsylockReborn (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:02:54 PM

It's a pity not to publish the list of countries in which these machines will be located, I would like to see such a machine in my city

You can also check this link. Maybe its near your state. https://www.dash.org/2017/11/20/keene.html
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:16:22 PM

It's a good idea, but i wouldn't waste my bitcoin to buy a packet of crisps! That's what spare coins in your pocket are for. I like the idea of vending machines accepting a few currencies, but it should be for bigger items. Interesting to see if they can make a profit on those

exalterego

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:17:00 PM

Oh yeah, that's I was actually waiting for! the first signs of cryptocurrencies being used as the real method of payment!
I hope that in the nearest future this will reduce the volatility of cryptos and they will enter our live as the most secure money.
Gifolote

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:19:09 PM

it's a good invention. now there is a chance that cryptocurrency will replace cards and money.
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:20:12 PM

Of course this is very cool news, but it seems to me that today there are a lot of countries in which there are not only such devices, I think that many people today simply did not think and do not know about it, you need to look at Europe or the USA

refaelsh

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:20:27 PM

We will consider non-traditional and interesting gadgets that take bitcoins. They are still small, and they are in different places around the world, but they allow us to look into the future and demonstrate that they can influence or even replace cash in the vending machine industry and some other niches.
PsylockReborn (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:55:19 PM

It's a good idea, but i wouldn't waste my bitcoin to buy a packet of crisps! That's what spare coins in your pocket are for. I like the idea of vending machines accepting a few currencies, but it should be for bigger items. Interesting to see if they can make a profit on those

They are accepting other cryptocurrencies as well aside from bitcoin. Since it's a vending machine and its a business, they'll surely get profits. It would totally defeat the purpose of creating a vending machine that won't profit the business owner. Cheesy

it's a good invention. now there is a chance that cryptocurrency will replace cards and money.

Cryptocurrency, credit cards and money will coexist cos there are lots of people who aren't ready to accept change and there are some remote areas that has a limited access to the internet.

Oh yeah, that's I was actually waiting for! the first signs of cryptocurrencies being used as the real method of payment!
I hope that in the nearest future this will reduce the volatility of cryptos and they will enter our live as the most secure money.

There are some people who are actually using bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as payments and some business establishments are accepting cryptos as well.
You can check it here. https://www.ebay.com/gds/100-Companies-That-Accept-Bitcoins-As-Payment-/10000000206483242/g.html
tresbien21

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:17:29 PM

I really like the fact that people start to integrate crypto more and more into their life. I'm sure that in a couplw of years, this vending machines that accept crypto will be a normal thing, and we will be able to use crypto everywhere we want to do so.
vastmast

Activity: 378

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:21:38 PM

Thats crazy idea! But how will be transfer times and fees? Bitcoin is not fast enough, ripple is good but i think so we need to waves for this idea Smiley faster, lower fees and cheaper.
Hope we will see this machine everywhere Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
PsylockReborn (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:11:09 AM

I really like the fact that people start to integrate crypto more and more into their life. I'm sure that in a couplw of years, this vending machines that accept crypto will be a normal thing, and we will be able to use crypto everywhere we want to do so.

Than will definitely happen since we are all moving to the digital world where in innovation is so awesome and cool.

Thats crazy idea! But how will be transfer times and fees? Bitcoin is not fast enough, ripple is good but i think so we need to waves for this idea Smiley faster, lower fees and cheaper.
Hope we will see this machine everywhere Smiley

I wouldn't be paying BTC though maybe some altcoins like Ripple is okay since it has very fast transaction speed. I can't risk waiting for the confirmation for me to receive a can of coca cola. Grin
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 05:15:33 AM

We would need faster coins with low transaction fees for the operation of such machines. And as the profit for machines comes from the product itself, they should not charge extra to the customers. The thing that killed bitcoin ATM was insanely high transaction fees and high commission fees.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:21:39 AM

Well in the real world, i don't think this will work, for now. The value of bitcoin is very volatile. It may work in the future when the value of bitcoin will stabilize. This is the same reason why not so many people use bitcoin in their everyday purchases even if there are stores that accepts bitcoin as payment. You'll never know if your $10 of bitcoin will still be $10 the next day.

engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:25:24 AM

Wow. That's a really nice, the concept is very futuristic. There's a possibility that digital currency will be implemented as a mode of payment including this micropayments. The only thing that I think is the hindrance is why would you waste your btc in a pack of chips and such. But surely the concept is really good!

[
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:35:06 AM

Thats really cool. I'd like to have it in my city, they should list countries and cities too. I hope it implement soon in future. It will let people have faith in crypto.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
PsylockReborn (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:14:27 AM

We would need faster coins with low transaction fees for the operation of such machines. And as the profit for machines comes from the product itself, they should not charge extra to the customers. The thing that killed bitcoin ATM was insanely high transaction fees and high commission fees.

The good thing with this machine is that it's set up with high speed transactions and low fees. Maybe it won't wait for confirmations to be completed as long as the machine detects your payment then your good to go.

This machine is not just limited to BTC and we all know that XRP is way faster than BTC when it comes to transaction speed. I guess they already studied and have conducted a thorough research on the pros and cons when it comes to automated machines that accepts crypto so the speed and fees is already been taken care of by the company so that it will be realistic and usable in the society.

Wow. That's a really nice, the concept is very futuristic. There's a possibility that digital currency will be implemented as a mode of payment including this micropayments. The only thing that I think is the hindrance is why would you waste your btc in a pack of chips and such. But surely the concept is really good!

This machine accepts altcoins as well so that you'll have a choice on whether to use btc or xrp or other altcoins. I would definitely waste some BTC just for experience in operating this machine if given the chance.  Cheesy

Thats really cool. I'd like to have it in my city, they should list countries and cities too. I hope it implement soon in future. It will let people have faith in crypto.

The adaption of the people to this kind of innovation specially crypto is still limited so maybe few years from now. I am looking forward as well seeing one of this machines in my city.
Name: Claudio

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:06:14 PM

Using one is safe when you use it on inside the establishment like mall or just near any bank or office station with guard since tampering machine outside an establishment specially on streets is most commons case to steal from someone's account, but if its guarded with CCTV that no one has make something fishy on that vending machine then I'm happy to use this machine with my cryptos.
ulia93

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:05:05 PM

It's great that cryptocurrencies are constantly evolving and their development is manifested in the installation of such ATMs. Yes, making small and cheap purchases using Bitcoin is not advisable, so it's very convenient that these devices have support for other cryptocurrencies.
moneytalks1313

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:09:52 PM

I want to try this vending machine. It is so cool.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: