Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any legal requirements for running a digital content marketplace?  (Read 1193 times)
reCrypto (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:19:46 AM

Hello guys. I've been thinking of making a digital content marketplace but before continuing, I'd like to ask if there is any legal requirements for running a digital content marketplace for Bitcoins. Smiley

I'd really appreciate any bit of information. Thanks. Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:35:50 AM

Hello guys. I've been thinking of making a digital content marketplace but before continuing, I'd like to ask if there is any legal requirements for running a digital content marketplace for Bitcoins. Smiley

Err ... depends where you live. You do realise each country has its own laws right?
reCrypto (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:42:38 AM

Err ... depends where you live. You do realise each country has its own laws right?

Yes, I'm taking into consideration the laws the user is in and I do understand that. Thanks.
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:42:55 AM

You need to tell us in which country you plan to have your digital market up and running.
And in most cases ( since there is a low probability you try to do this in the US , for which we know the answers) , you'd better contact a local lawyer:).
reCrypto (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:49:08 AM

You need to tell us in which country you plan to have your digital market up and running.
And in most cases ( since there is a low probability you try to do this in the US , for which we know the answers) , you'd better contact a local lawyer:).

I live in the Philippines and currently want the digital marketplace to operate internationally if possible like Envato marketplaces. Yes, thanks for that and yeah, I've been searching for local lawyers here who are well-versed in terms of the internet-context laws. Also, my marketplace wouldn't accept any fiat currency and only will accept Bitcoins. Smiley
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:53:33 AM

I live in the Philippines and currently want the digital marketplace to operate internationally if possible like Envato marketplaces. Yes, thanks for that and yeah, I've been searching for local lawyers here who are well-versed in terms of the internet-context laws. Also, my marketplace wouldn't accept any fiat currency and only will accept Bitcoins. Smiley

Wait.
I seem to have got this wrong. What do you mean by digital market place?
A store selling goods for bitcoins?
Or an exchanger for btc/alt coins.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:56:03 AM

Yes, I'm taking into consideration the laws the user is in and I do understand that. Thanks.

No, the country where you, the business owner, is located. If you don't understand that, I would you aren't ready to start up a business yet
reCrypto (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:03:59 PM

No, the country where you, the business owner, is located. If you don't understand that, I would you aren't ready to start up a business yet

And yeah, I did state that. Honestly speaking, I'm not ready yet to start it up because of this legal stuffs. That's why I'm asking ideas around so that I would be in the right direction. Thanks so much for that. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: