Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on $5K  (Read 3071 times)
BryanK (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:44:05 PM

OK - Ive been doing some research around and about. Done the simple calculations, Used Genesis Block to review Mining Performances for different hardware.

Now, I'm just trying to make a decision. I have around $5K that I'm willing to throw at some mining hardware. With the Difficulty rising so fast and the Next Generation miners coming out what is the "best" option. I quote out best because i know everyone is going to have different opinion here. Just looking what you all think. I'm hoping to get my hands on one within the next month or so or at least order one the miners coming out in feb/march timeframe. Just need help deciding which one.

Let me know which one you think, and why?

Thanks in advance Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:54:13 PM

The only real option is KNC but its already sold out....

Cointerra's April Batch for $5999  is the only other one that I think will materialize.....

merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:28:22 PM

Hi,

if you want miner and had 5K to spend, I would try to get a KNC Jupiter that will be re-released in the coming days.  Not sure if they are 550GH/s or the 650GH/s variants.
These are your best bet IMO to get hashing before difficulty skyrockets.   eg. if you pre-ordered a Black Arrow X3 @ 2TH/s and it arives March/April and difficulty is well over 3 billion you wouldn't get any more BTC as you would if you had a Jupiter in the next couple weeks.  The only unknown at moment is how fast the can KNC build and ship them.  Just have to wait and see.  And if you were to go for one of these new Jupiters you'd have to be dam quick as they probably sell out in minutes/hours.

Yes there are other miners available for pre-order, but as you mentioned you wouldn't get these anytime soon.  Possibly March/April if you're lucky enough to get in the cue on time.

Don't take my word on where difficulty is heading as it's only my view and guess ATM.

Do your homework and see if others will post their views.

Good luck
merv77

kostja

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 06:16:45 PM

2 computer with 2 cards 7990 each
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361613.0
Guava

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:06:32 PM

Subscribe to KNC newsletter and have the BTC ready to order if they decides to put a new batch of 28nm miners.

1J1VmJKZbeEvNCxTtpcouini15RDkMchRP
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:58:58 PM

Subscribe to KNC newsletter and have the BTC ready to order if they decides to put a new batch of 28nm miners.

I actually hope for KNC to release more Jupiter into the wild. The only problem I see with holding your 5000 for that is, who knows what the price will be.

I like Dave at MBP with his bitfury gear and I have some of it. Problem is, when he put boards back on the market he doubled the USD price. No one really wants to pay that for them.

So, will KNC do the same? People, including myself have been paying 4.2BTC for antminers and they sell all of them. Thats only 200GH/s overclocked. Are we going to see 9 BTC Jupiters? (5K wont touch that). I hope I am wrong and KNC puts them on the market lower and starts a price war with BITMAINs antminer. Not often the miners get a chance at the benefits of competition.

Just my skewed point of view, take it with a grain of salt.

You may also want to look into the Group buys by DZminercoop. They have an r-17 up for sale now that may fit your bill.

Best Regards,

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:06:50 AM

Black arrow is a fairly solid choice, they provided last time and seem on the ball this time. Minesource.net is a reseller who will sell the x-1, could buy a bunch, they would also be a much easier resell at markup on ebay.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:28:45 AM

Buy some shares in ASICMINEr
BryanK (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:47:35 PM

Buy some shares in ASICMINEr

Not feeling all that confident in them anymore. Idk.

Im looking at KNC. Not sure If I can trust Black Arrow yet.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:53:53 PM

What about cloud mining,

http://bit-mining.co/bit-mining.co

There rates are really good

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:05:59 PM

What about cloud mining,

You reckon?

25 BTC for 500Ghs?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:13:46 PM

Personally, I'd buy an antminer or two, receive them in a week, make back your money, and save those coins to buy the more advanced stuff in feb.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=374199.0

no guarentees, obviously, but they're shipping now, hashing now, and priced in BTC not fiat, so the recent drop in BTC/USD works in your favor.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:18:30 PM

What about cloud mining,

You reckon?

25 BTC for 500Ghs?

No electrcity costs

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:27:51 PM

What about cloud mining,

You reckon?

25 BTC for 500Ghs?

No electrcity costs

Electricity costs are negligible for 500Gh/s

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Kith

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 10:37:55 PM

best price per ghs ive seen.  Cex.io  ghs/btc is running at BTC0.06978760 per ghs
chrono030

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:43:11 PM

I actually hope for KNC to release more Jupiter into the wild. The only problem I see with holding your 5000 for that is, who knows what the price will be.

I like Dave at MBP with his bitfury gear and I have some of it. Problem is, when he put boards back on the market he doubled the USD price. No one really wants to pay that for them.

So, will KNC do the same? People, including myself have been paying 4.2BTC for antminers and they sell all of them. Thats only 200GH/s overclocked. Are we going to see 9 BTC Jupiters? (5K wont touch that). I hope I am wrong and KNC puts them on the market lower and starts a price war with BITMAINs antminer. Not often the miners get a chance at the benefits of competition.

Best Regards,

This is speculation, but it is highly likely that KNC Jup's will only be for previous customers ONLY (sorry new customers!).
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:43:56 PM

best price per ghs ive seen.  Cex.io  ghs/btc is running at BTC0.06978760 per ghs
That's a joke, right?
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:51:31 AM

Best Regards,

This is speculation, but it is highly likely that KNC Jup's will only be for previous customers ONLY (sorry new customers!).

I bet you are correct. Because I am a previous customer I forget that. But because I am also a re-seller I may be able to get one for a new customer. Dont know If any of the re-sellers did that during the early Neptune release or not. I dont pimp my re-seller link, so If you want to try it when available send a PM and I will give it to you.

Regards,

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:37:54 AM

Personally, I'd buy an antminer or two, receive them in a week, make back your money, and save those coins to buy the more advanced stuff in feb.

no guarentees, obviously, but they're shipping now, hashing now, and priced in BTC not fiat, so the recent drop in BTC/USD works in your favor.

Make your money back in two weeks? Doing what?
Cheshyr

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:22:57 AM

Uhm, mining at 180GHs after nearly immediate delivery?  I never said 2 weeks, but your point is made...  it's still cutting it pretty close to the difficulty change curve.  

The interesting part for me was how the price was in BTC, not Fiat, so there was potential to pick up 180GHs for $2k USD instead of the $4.5k it was a couple weeks ago.  The way I saw it, this product was the current lowest risk with the highest potential return if you were going to buy this week.  Other option being to speculate BTC until the device you really want comes out in a couple months.  My personal favorite is the Black Arrow products.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:12:52 AM

Uhm, mining at 180GHs after nearly immediate delivery?  I never said 2 weeks, but your point is made...  it's still cutting it pretty close to the difficulty change curve.  

The interesting part for me was how the price was in BTC, not Fiat, so there was potential to pick up 180GHs for $2k USD instead of the $4.5k it was a couple weeks ago.  The way I saw it, this product was the current lowest risk with the highest potential return if you were going to buy this week.  Other option being to speculate BTC until the device you really want comes out in a couple months.  My personal favorite is the Black Arrow products.

Apologies for the mis-read. So a mining company actually has something in stock for immediate delivery? wonders never cease Smiley
Cheshyr

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:10:21 AM

Apologies for the mis-read. So a mining company actually has something in stock for immediate delivery? wonders never cease Smiley
No worries.  It's still a high risk purchase, but everything bitcoin related is high risk these days. 

Bitmain's AntMiner came out of nowhere, and they're selling them in groupguys as they come off the manufacturing line, over in the groupbuy forum.  The forum member sushi has been managing these group buys, and it sounds like roughly 300-400 units have already shipped, with a new groupbuy being set up each week as the previous one ships.  It's a little rough around the edges, but we have an asic manufacturer that's shipping now, with no pre-order fiasco.  That counts for a lot in my book, even with the sharp corners.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:22:20 AM

No worries.  It's still a high risk purchase, but everything bitcoin related is high risk these days. 

Bitmain's AntMiner came out of nowhere, and they're selling them in groupguys as they come off the manufacturing line, over in the groupbuy forum.  The forum member sushi has been managing these group buys, and it sounds like roughly 300-400 units have already shipped, with a new groupbuy being set up each week as the previous one ships.  It's a little rough around the edges, but we have an asic manufacturer that's shipping now, with no pre-order fiasco.  That counts for a lot in my book, even with the sharp corners.

A manufacturer has finally learnt people are sick of pre-orders .... had to happen eventually Smiley
davedx

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 12:16:31 PM

I can vouch for the DZ Coop. Solid bunch of people, I'll probably be reinvesting more in them at some point (got 10 shares in R17 and 5 in R9-12).

Bitcoin is one piece of a larger puzzle to promote liberty, prosperity and democracy.
Support the EFF with your Bitcoins. https://supporters.eff.org/donate
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:40:55 PM

Thanks for the kind words about the team, gents!

We're just a bunch of nerds and miners like you guys. We try our best to treat our co-op members like we would our own meatspace friends and families.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:19:15 AM

We're just a bunch of nerds and miners like you guys. We try our best to treat our co-op members like we would our own meatspace friends and families.

Is there a way to buy shares in your company?
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:03:00 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 08:38:49 AM by DyslexicZombei

Is there a way to buy shares in your company?

Sorry, we only offer Group Buy shares in Industrial Class rigs at the moment. We happen to have 3 GBs open right now, including Bitmain and Black Arrow (an exclusive deal, one of several that we've engineered). We even completed what we believe to be the world's first Bitcoin for Oil & Gas deal which ended recently - but will re-open shortly at a different Texas location.

In the past: I have pushed for offering some sort of public BTC shares in our larger offerings among company founders but I'm the one that seems to be the most bullish about that. I think an offering of something like this based in Germany at a place such as Cryptostocks could be beneficial (which wasn't even my idea originally), but to be honest we're in the fortunate position of not lacking for start-up or operational funds at the moment <knocks on forehead instead of wood>.

- Now that our legal counsel is fully in place with our retainer paid, and now that we've officially filed for our Umbrella company: We now have BTC arbitrage services available via a pro contract for access to the proven expertise and services of a veteran forex trader who has taken quite a liking to the world of Bitcoin.

It's OT but semi-related. Also: this is another way to diversify in the high risk world of Crypto investing and mining. If you were serious, you can contact us about our BTC arbitrage services called Arbit Rage at:

rage.arbit@gmail.com

for further questions about this new service we're launching. I absolutely cannot give you investing advice but you're welcome to ask questions directed to this email above with regards to our new BTC arbitrage services contracts. Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: