Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:57:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Basics of Crypto  (Read 420 times)
BQ (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:01:31 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2018, 05:30:36 PM by BQ
Merited by Welsh (1), DdmrDdmr (1), mdayonliner (1)

Short intro
There's a lot for one to grasp about crypto.
Blockchains, wallets, various techniques to ensure the networks processing(PoS, PoW), privacy, ICOs, supply, coins, tokens, etc
A beginner doesn't necessarily need to know everything, and it can be overwhelming.
I, for sure, don't know everything! Probably closer to nothing.
But, I wish crypto a good future, and I want to try and do my part as I see many questions every day in this Beginner & Help category, asking what to do, how to do it, where to start etc.
I might very well be wrong on some points here, please mention it if you notice anything and I will edit it!

What is crypto?
Crypto as we define the word in here, was born with Bitcoin.
Bitcoin utilizes cryptography to prove transactions.
From a simple perspective to understand the value of trustlessness, transactions made by a user can be proven to indeed have been confirmed by the user thanks to it being possible to cryptographically prove that a transaction was verified with a 'private key', without actually knowing the private key.

This means that people can be certain that they're in charge of their crypto funds, without requiring some type of safe-keeping by a bank or other middleman entity.

Why do we not want a middleman?
A middleman such a bank, keeps your money 'safe'.
If you wish to commit a transaction, you need to inform the bank of this, and verify yourself in some way.
The bank then ensures that you have the funds, and then commits your transaction.

However, since the bank is in control at all times, that means you are not in control of your own money.
Surely, a regular person generally doesn't need to worry, but in the big perspective, it's harmful and unnecessary that a middleman is in control of everyone's money.
Remember the previous bank crashes? Banks can play outside the safe area, and if they get burned, it's the people who ends up having to bail them out.

Simply put, at all times, you need to trust and rely on whoever is holding your money, and they can at any point in time, limit you.
Thanks to law backing and general bank-lobbying, the system is not made to work for you - perhaps it should work for noone, but we can be certain, it works for the banks.
This applies beyond banks aswell, any sort of entity that is a middleman, profits from user-user, user-company transactions, without actually doing anything.

What can we do with crypto?
With crypto, we have a immutable & decentralized ledger system.
A ledger is a system for keeping economic transactions.
This is partly what a bank does.
Such as this:
You create a bank account [0 money in account]
You receive 100 money [100 money in account]
You send 50 money [50 money in account]
Other person has +50 money [+50 money in his account]

This is basically a system to keep track of funds.
WIth a bank however, this is only numbers in a centralized database.
While it's not likely, the point has to be made that they can willingly freeze, remove, or lock your funds.

Crypto works the same way.
The name 'blockchain', what does it mean?
It's a chain of blocks!  Wink

Each block contains transaction information.
Transactions made are added into each block, and then verified by nodes on the network.
When the block is confirmed, it's attached to the chain, and will forever be verifiable by anyone who cares to look at it.

There's the Genesis Block, the first block in the blockchain.
Every single node in the network, has a copy of the ledger, dating all the way back to the genesis block.
This allows every single node to look back in the history, and confirm any and all transactions, it allows anyone to see who sent what to who, and that way, it can 100% be confirmed that a transaction is valid.
The good part? Noone can edit it! Noone can freeze someone's funds, noone can edit it.

You might think, you can spin up a node and simply broadcast that your wallet has 1000 BTC and you wish to transfer this somewhere.
When this broadcast reaches the rest of the network, everyone looks back in history to confirm whether or not this is a valid transaction.
Since it's not, it'll be ignored.
The only way to pass a false transaction, is by controlling >50% of the nodes.
That's why the decentralization is very important in crypto! The bigger the network, the better the safety.
However, even if someone temporarily gained >50% of the nodes, the moment he lost power, every other node would simply drop the false blocks since the data you submitted with your >50% nodes, aren't valid back to the genesis block!

Importance of Decentralization
Anyone can (with a bit of money) start their own node, and get paid for processing the network transactions.
It's important that people do this, spread out around the world, to ensure that the network stays safe.
There's a risk that those who hold a large part of the network, could start manipulating it, or even take it hostage.
If a big part of the nodes stopped mining, the block difficulty would still remain the same, which would mean it would take days or weeks or even months before the difficulty is adjusted.
This would set a full stop for all transactions!

Crypto allows anyone to be in control of their funds, and that is truly beautiful.
If we stick to Bitcoin, it allows anyone to transact Bitcoin to anyone else in the world, without anyone having a say about it.
We can completely cut out the middleman, ensuring our own safety and peace of mind.

How to get started?
Generally, most people wants to earn money.
How do you know what to buy?

Some important concepts to understand in this market, which seem to be often misunderstood by new people, I shall try to explain:
Bitcoin was at one point worth much less than $1.
Today it's $9,100.
High point was close to $19,000.

What does this mean? Does this mean any coin can go from $1 to $19,000?
Does this mean Bitcoin will go to $190,000,000?
Maybe, maybe not.

Where does Bitcoin's value come from?
Where does any value come from?
Demand. If there's mass starvation, noone will care much about a bunch of dollar bills, right?

Why do people want Bitcoin?
Well, why do you want Bitcoin?
A lot of crypto value comes from Speculation.

People have seen what happened with Bitcoin, and many people hope it'll continue to go up.
People want to have Bitcoin, because of the trip it has taken.
What else?
Bitcoin is sometimes named as 'digital gold'.
Aslong as Bitcoin is desirable by people, we can expect the price to remain steady.
When bad news comes about regulation for example, people don't want to have Bitcoin before they know it's safe.
That's when the price drops.

Bitcoin's concept is sound, and therefore, Bitcoin has gained such traction in the world.
I can't tell you what to invest in.

How to know what to invest in?
What gain is there for anyone to tell you what to invest in?
Generally, none.

If I tell you to invest in Bitcoin, I don't gain anything from it, unless you invest tens or hundreds of millions of dollars.
Therefore, by telling you, the only thing I can gain is to have possibly caused you to lose money.

On an internet discussion forum however, it's different, since it's a discussion forum where people can discuss the potential future.
This also means that any sort of credibility is generally irrelevant, so take everything with a grain of salt!

The most important factors I find in regards to crypto investment:
NEVER invest more than you are willing to lose. There are absolutely zero guarantees Bitcoin will ever go $1 more than it is currently.
It can be likely, but it's not guaranteed. Don't play with money you need. If you do, don't complain when it's lost.

TRUST your investment, or you're in for a bad time. Crypto is very volatile. If you invest and see a -10% one day, and you have no idea what you're invested in,
you might sell off and quit and leave with 10% less money.

Regardless of what you invest in, make sure you understand:
WHAT it is you are investing, what the purpose of the investment is.
WHO or WHAT drives the project towards it's purpose.
WHERE the value comes from.

If you're investing in an early project, you shouldn't throw money on a project just because it uses 'buzz words' or because it 'sounds good'.
Make sure the team is there, that they're capable, and legit.
Make sure the project has a purpose, and a reason to exist. Do we need to count bananas on the blockchain? No!
Make sure you understand where the value comes from. If you hold a Bitcoin, how do you know the 'market cap' can't rise and yet leave you with a loss?

Market Cap
Market cap in crypto on a site such as coinmarketcap.com, shows how much every 'asset' in circulation of the crypto, is worth.
If there's 100 Bitcoin's circulating, and I pay $1 for one, then the market cap is $100.

This is very, very important for new people to understand.
Popular example:
One TRON costs $0.078289.
What prevents TRON from being worth $9,100, just like Bitcoin?
The supply.
There's 65,748,111,645 TRON-tokens in circulation.
If the price of TRON went to, even $10, that'd mean that the market cap of TRON would be:
$650,748,111,645.
That's 5 times Bitcoin's current marketcap.

I think it's important to mention, because I see so many new people fall in the trap of "what is the cheapest coin?".
It's a stupid question. If you have one banana and there's 100 bananas, you have 1/100 of the value.
However, if there's a billion bananas, people don't care as much for your banana.

Important note however, is that - even if TRON at $10 would mean 5 times Bitcoin's market cap today, in 5 years, $10 TRON could maybe be spot #10 overall.
However, be logical - at $1,000 per TRON, the market cap would be so large that we'd at that point probably have TRON as the world currency and having completely left any other currency-markets.

Summary:
Don't invest in something just because someone tells you to.
Make sure you understand what you're investing in.
Analyze the purpose.
Ensure you understand the economics of your investment

Great, what's next?
If you now feel that you understand some basic things about crypto, it's time to getting some crypto.
There's various ways, and currently, the most common way is still using a middleman. Exchanges.

Exchanges such as coinbase.com, kraken.com, and many more, allows you to give them fiat, and in return, you get some numbers on their website.
These numbers represent the money you paid them, and you trust that they'll allow you to use it to buy crypto.

If you head over to an exchange, deposit money, you can then start buying some crypto.
Generally, the largest fiat-handling exchanges, only lists the most popular coins.
Coinbase for example, has:
Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic.

If you want something else, you'll have to go elsewhere.
Binance is very popular, and I'd like to mention huobi.pro as they have a lot of listed crypto, but with much lower fees.

So, lets pretend you want TRON(I don't suggest investing in TRON; I personally despite it, but I'm just continuing on the previous example).
TRON is not on Coinbase, however, it's on Binance, which doesn't handle fiat.
What do you do then?

Why is Bitcoin controlling the market?
Currently, the #1 way for any crypto to be obtainable on the market, is by trading Bitcoin to it.
Many sites also allows Ethereum to be traded.
(Trading Pairs).
So this means that you can purchase Bitcoin from Coinbase.com and transfer it to for example Binance, and then trade your Bitcoin to TRON.

What does a transfer mean? That brings us to..
Wallets
A wallet is a pair of keys, specifically, a Public and a Private key.
Just to make it easier to understand, a Public key is basically your 'username', and the Private key is the 'password'.
If you wish to receive funds to your wallet, you'd provide someone with your public key.
Whoever has the private key, has full control of the wallet contents.
This private key is used to sign transactions, basically verifying that you are indeed the owner of this wallet.

What an exchange does, as a middleman, is generate wallets for you.
On Coinbase, they create a Bitcoin wallet when you purchase Bitcoin.
They allocate your Bitcoin wallet, with the amount of Bitcoin you purchased.
However, they are still in control - you only have the Public Key!(at most), allowing you to deposit Bitcoin aswell.
The same goes for Huobi, Binance etc - they create wallets, you get the public key.

So, continuing on the Coinbase transaction:
Register on Huobi/Binance, go to Balances, find Bitcoin, and click Deposit.
You'll see your Public Key to your Wallet, which they created for you, simply copy it.
Return to Coinbase, go to to your Bitcoin Wallet, click Send, and paste in your Huobi/Binance wallet.
Once this is sent, if you entered a wrong address - it's gone!
Hopefully, you entered the correct address, and soon, you'll have Bitcoin in your Huobi/Binance wallet, ready to trade to TRON.

Once the funds arrive, head on over to the Exchange-part of the Exchange.
Find the TRON/BTC page. Generally, you can place an order, to buy at a LOWER amount than current price, basically hoping that the TRON price drops in relation to BTC.
You can also simply market-buy(buy at current price).
In the future, you can sell your TRON the same way - either at market price, or on a higher amount than current price, hoping it'll go up and you make a profit.

Once you've bought your TRON, you should be able to see them under the Balance view on Huobi/Binance.
Here comes the interesting, and very important part.

Keeping your funds safe
You can leave your crypto there on Huobi/Binance, in their control.
This is just the same as a bank - probably less credible. You hope that they'll keep your funds safe.
if they are hacked, or simply take it and leave, you're out of luck(generally, laws might hunt them).
You are also promoting the middleman-aspect.

What else is there?
You can create your own wallet, and with that, you'll be in charge!

There are multiple types of wallets.
Paper Wallets - generally what you say when you print out the wallet information on a piece of paper.
Hardware Wallets - like an USB-stick, with it's own little computer inside, that ensures your private key stays safe, and makes it easier to handle.
Software Wallets - a software you run on your computer to do your transactions.
Web Wallets - a web version.
Other alternatives - such as using MetaMask(a web browser plugin for Ethereum).

Depending on what crypto you have, you need different wallets.
You can't send Ethereum to your Bitcoin wallet.
You can send TRON to your Ethereum wallet. Why?
TRON is a token on the Ethereum blockchain.

Generally:
A coin = depending on context, means Bitcoin, or any coin running on it's own blockchain.
An altcoin = depending on context, it could be a coin running on it's own blockchain, or a fork of another coin.
A token = 'lives' on another coins blockchain, basically serving no purpose except being an asset to whatever project it's tied(like TRON).

Either way, security is important.
If you wish to print out a wallet, you need to be certain your computer is completely safe of viruses, or you can assume, that you've already lost your funds.
(I have written a guide about wallet-safe keeping in general here)

For this guide, I'll continue with the TRON example.
If you wish to hold your tokens yourself, you'd need a wallet.
A hardware wallet(look my wallet thread for options)  is purchased by a company such as Trezor or Ledger.
Since this takes time, I will continue with the most simple method:
MyEtherWallet. (the same concept works for Bitcoin, you can look at: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet)
www.myetherwallet.com will guide you through generating your first wallet.

Whatever you do, ensure you keep your Private Key safe.
If you misplace it, the money is gone, forever.

To make this easier, there's Seed Phrases, basically a set of words that combined make up your private key.
This is part of the myetherwallet.com guide.

I cover Wallet-generation in my other thread which I linked up there, so I won't go through the steps, since it's also clearly written on myetherwallet.

The concept is simple:
You generate your wallet, you see a Public + Private key.
Enter your Public Key on Huobi/Binance, and withdraw your TRON.
A few minutes later, you should have your TRON in your wallet.
Now, noone on earth can do anything with your TRON, without your Private Key.
So, again! Ensure you have the private key safely stored somewhere.

If you wish to send your TRON back to Binance, or somewhere else, to sell it, you simply login via MyEtherWallet, click Send, enter your ETH-Wallet adress from the Huobi/Binance Balance-view, and send it.
A few minutes later, it's there!

A few links:
Some tips regarding analysing ICOs(which would also apply any crypto project)
General Crypto Safety + Wallet Guide
Choosing your Bitcoin wallet
Coinbase
Huobi Exchange
Binance Exchange
A good collection of Bitcoin information

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:09:00 PM

Did you mean people want Bitcoin because it could make them rich?

BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:23:22 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 12:08:25 AM by BQ

I didn't mean that; I ment it as a way to consider where value comes from.
If someone wants Bitcoin, for whatever reason, there's value.
I do know many people invest soley for value, not sure what you mean with your question, it sounds like you want to imply people investing in Bitcoin are Not doing it to become rich?
Surely, you're right, but many people(atleast the recent influx) do invest to become rich?
It's a 'store of value', 'digital gold' etc  Huh

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
jassicaket

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:12:09 AM

hi BQ I am tried for search general Bitcoin wallet, I decide that  I use Tezor wallet but I am confused  what the best wallet? can you tel me?
BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:14:44 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 02:33:42 AM by BQ

hi BQ I am tried for search general Bitcoin wallet, I decide that  I use Tezor wallet but I am confused  what the best wallet?

Hi, I can't tell you which one is the best, however, with both Trezor and Ledger Nano you can store Bitcoin.
I personally use Trezor!

I believe you'll be fine with either! Ledger Nano had a very long waiting time for deliveries, so that's why I went with Trezor. (not sure how long waiting time it is now).
Trezor is also open source which I like!

These are Hardware Wallets, as in you order and pay for a 'usb memory'(looks like one, is not one), that then has to be delivered to you.
Free and digital alternatives there's plenty of, you can find some here.

I have written a bit more detailed about wallets here!

jassicaket

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:43:15 AM

Hi BQ when I am searching google "what is best bitcoin wallet? " so see article
The 7 Best Bitcoin Wallets to Get in 2018
Protect your investments
Flip
Pin
Email
BY ERIC ROSENBERG  Updated April 08, 2018
Bitcoin has taken the world by storm, offering a currency alternative to the government-backed currencies we all know from daily use. Proponents argue that the digital currencies are easier, safer and offer better privacy than traditional currencies. Because the value of a Bitcoin compared to the U.S. dollar and other currencies has skyrocketed over the last couple of years, it has shown up on some people’s radar as an investment opportunity as well.

Before you put a dollar into Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, it is important to understand the risks. Bitcoin could easily double in value over the next few years, but it could just as easily drop to near zero in value. Only put in what you can afford to lose because there is a chance you won’t get it back. If you understand the risks and you’re ready to move forward, any of these best Bitcoin wallets should have you covered.

01  Best Overall: Coinbase
Coinbase
•••
Coinbase is one of the easiest ways to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrencies, which earns it the first spot on this list. With Coinbase, you can connect to a U.S. bank account and easily transfer dollars in or out of your dollar wallet. You can use those dollars, or transfer in new ones, to buy and sell. In addition to Bitcoin, Coinbase currently supports Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Litecoin. There are constant rumors of additional currencies like Ripple getting support from Coinbase as well.

While the big upside of Coinbase is ease of use, that is offset with some worries about security. Mt. Gox was at one point the dominant platform for Bitcoin and other currencies. That is until it was hacked and lost nearly half a billion dollars in user currency. But Coinbase did learn from Mt. Gox’s loss, and has very firm security in place and regularly updates and improves the entire user experience.

Continue to 2 of 7 below.

02  Best for Security: Trezor
Trezor
•••
Trezor isn’t a full buying and selling platform like Coinbase. Instead, it is simply a place to store your Bitcoin. Trezor is a physical device that plugs into your computer, tablet or phone to access your coins. The Trezor wallet works with multiple currencies and works as a password manager, two-factor authentication device and other useful features.

This wallet offers some protections against lost passwords and lost devices, but you should learn from other’s sad lessons and make sure that never, ever happens. The entire point of this digital Bitcoin wallet is to keep others from stealing your Bitcoin, so you can assume the recovery process is not necessarily an easy one.

Continue to 3 of 7 below.

03  Best for Desktop: Electrum
Electrum
•••
Electrum is a software wallet, which means your Bitcoin is stored in a set of files on your laptop or desktop computer. It is currently available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android. Electrum can work with some physical wallets and has some flexibility compared to just using a hardware wallet like the Trezor.

The big benefit is that you can quickly get up and running and store your Bitcoin on your own computer. But if that computer crashes, is lost in a house fire, or ends up hacked or corrupted, you could lose your coins. The app does support a recovery process and allows you to create a physical “cold storage” with a printed or handwritten set of keys.

04  Best Online: Blockchain.info
Blockchain.info
•••
Blockchain is the technology that allows Bitcoin and other digital currencies to exist. Expect to hear more about Blockchain far beyond the digital currency world. Blockchain.info is similar to Coinbase in that it is an online wallet, but you can’t buy or sell directly through Blockchain, which means your Bitcoin storage is separate from your Bitcoin marketplace.

Because it isn’t a full exchange, it is considered to be more secure than a site like Coinbase, where you can bet that bad guys are constantly attempting to hack. If you are not a “computer person,” using an exchange like Coinbase is much easier. This separation adds a level of security, but also a level of complexity in your Bitcoin use.

Continue to 5 of 7 below.

Make Your Money Work for You.
Ready to start building wealth? Sign up today to learn how to save for an early retirement, tackle your debt, and grow your net worth.
ONE-TAP SUBSCRIBE
05  Best for Free Buying and Selling: Robinhood
Robinhood
•••
Robinhood started as a free stock trading platform and has recently expanded to include support for options and other investments, including cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin. Robinhood is both a wallet and an exchange, so like Coinbase everything is in one place. Robinhood is a mobile-first platform and has not even rolled out the Web version to all stock trading customers.

But what really sets Robinhood apart is the cost: free. There are no commissions when buying or selling Bitcoin, just like stocks on the platform. Some may argue it is less secure for reasons we already discussed, but if it is secure enough for your stocks, it is secure enough for your coins.

06  Best for Intuitive Desktop Use: Exodus
Exodus
•••
Exodus is a software wallet like Electrum, but much more beautiful and more intuitive to use. It offers similar benefits for security but looks a lot different. The desktop only wallet turns your digital currencies, Bitcoin and many others, into a portfolio with graphs and charts. You can exchange coins through the app with ShapeShift exchange integration in addition to storage.

There is no account setup, so your currency and wallet are just for you. Be careful with that computer! Exodus includes private key encryption and other useful security tools. Thanks to the portfolio and graphic views, it is great for anyone with a background in investing who wants to jump to digital currency.

Continue to 7 of 7 below.

07  Best for Mobile: Mycelium
Mycelium
•••
Mycelium is a mobile-only Bitcoin wallet, with Android and iPhone versions available. Mycelium is known for being a bit more complicated to use than some other Bitcoin wallets. But advanced users should be just fine navigating the experience.

There is no Web or desktop interface but as many people now use their phone as their primary computer, that may not be a reason to be scared off from trying it out. It is very secure, allows for anonymity and keeps your Bitcoin in your pocket or bag pretty much everywhere you go.

Disclosure
At The Balance, our Expert writers are committed to researching and writing thoughtful and editorially independent reviews of the best products for your life and your family. If you like what we do, you can support us through our chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn more about our review process.

but I'm confused now! what I do this Huh
No: 1. i'm new member this forum.
No: 2. I have now Zero knowledge cryptocurrency.
but I'm trying improve myself. I find that best wallet.  Huh
wallet.org

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:09:08 AM

Whats the main difference between Trezor and Nano Ledger ?
HorribleGuy01

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:34:05 AM

Lets be true here, most of the people are here because they see an opportunity and that opportunity is to be rich as fast as they can, Bandwagon as you call it. (LOL, am I right?)
BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:32:29 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 03:00:40 PM by BQ

but I'm confused now! what I do this Huh
No: 1. i'm new member this forum.
No: 2. I have now Zero knowledge cryptocurrency.
but I'm trying improve myself. I find that best wallet.  Huh

Coinbase isn't the best 'wallet', it's not even a wallet!
I don't understand what you want to accomplish.
I believe you'd be very safe if you got a Hardware Wallet, Trezor/Ledger.
Otherwise, check here for other ways.

Whats the main difference between Trezor and Nano Ledger ?

As I try to make sure is clear: I don't know too much about anything,
I know Trezor is open source, I know both Trezor + Nano Ledger has had exploits,
I know Nano Ledger has one reason for why they're closed source, and it seemingly is more up to taste.
In general, I'm certain that aslong as take necessary precautions, you'll be just as safe with either one!

Lets be true here, most of the people are here because they see an opportunity and that opportunity is to be rich as fast as they can, Bandwagon as you call it. (LOL, am I right?)

I agree, sure there are the click of people who does it because of what Bitcoin is, but, can't one do both?
I personally love crypto as a whole, but I wouldn't be buying crypto in it if it wasn't worth anything, that's for sure.
And I don't have enough money to completely adopt Bitcoin so I can detach from real world currency!  Cheesy

BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:18:57 PM

Anyone with multiple hardware wallets, like Trezor + Ledger, which one do you prefer and why?

colkcolk

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:05:21 PM

I am very impressive with the posting, very comprehensive to present crypto knowledge as a whole....How long do you take your time to write that posting, mate? I just suggest you if there is some quotation from some sources, it is better to mention in your posting. Even your posting is discussed and share benefit knowledge into this forum, but your posting can be considered for plagiarism if no reference mentioned and this case is is strictly prohibited here. Many people has been banned for plagiarism accusation.

Btw, your posting talk technical part of crypto. How if you add commercial part such as price? It will add the value of your posting about crypto space.
BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:16:07 PM

I am very impressive with the posting, very comprehensive to present crypto knowledge as a whole....How long do you take your time to write that posting, mate? I just suggest you if there is some quotation from some sources, it is better to mention in your posting. Even your posting is discussed and share benefit knowledge into this forum, but your posting can be considered for plagiarism if no reference mentioned and this case is is strictly prohibited here. Many people has been banned for plagiarism accusation.

Btw, your posting talk technical part of crypto. How if you add commercial part such as price? It will add the value of your posting about crypto space.

Hi, thank you for your reply,
hmm sorry I'm not certain what you mean by the plagiarism? I wrote the entire post if that's what you mean,
only using my own words, so it's not copied from another source.
If you mean sources to other things, I'm not sure which ones - I'm not really making any bold statements?  Shocked
It's just the basics of crypto, the way I learned it and I've tried explained to people on various occasions on how it works,
so I made this thread to put it all in one place!  Cheesy

It did take a while to write!

About commercial part, I'm not really sure as I don't personally do much trading, I prefer investing in certain crypto at times I find right and holding a period of time.
Then there's the technical analysis people, and while someone usually gets it right, 99 other people gets it wrong, so personally I'm not much for technical analysis.
I can't tell you whether any crypto is going up or down short-term, but my personal belief is that long-term, the crypto market-cap will go many times higher than today.
What do you think?

And on the note of investing in certain cryptos, I wrote a guide for analyzing ICOs, which does apply to analyzing crypto in general, if you have any tips to add to it that'd be welcome as I'm sure many people have their own various things to look at for a project! Thread is here.

kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:17:04 PM

This is a compressed form of what every newbie need to digest if one wants to be a pro in crypto. After reading through I realized I have still a lot to learn despite all the knowledge I presume I have in crypto. But I will like to add this to your collection. Security of your wallet and wallet in general. Keeping your coins well secured should be the topmost priority of every newbie. Either one use a cold wallet or online wallet, security of of private key with google 2fa should be put in place.

BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:32:15 PM

This is a compressed form of what every newbie need to digest if one wants to be a pro in crypto. After reading through I realized I have still a lot to learn despite all the knowledge I presume I have in crypto. But I will like to add this to your collection. Security of your wallet and wallet in general. Keeping your coins well secured should be the topmost priority of every newbie. Either one use a cold wallet or online wallet, security of of private key with google 2fa should be put in place.

Thank you for your reply!
That's actually something I forgot to mention here, and in my other thread specifically for Wallets + Crypto Safety, I will add it in there!

Al Muhaimin

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:27:32 AM

As is known paralocho, virtual currency or cryptocurrency of the most famous and valuable fantastic is Bitcoin and Ethereum. Two virtual currencies that run on the blockchain platform are said to be anti-manipulation has been traded in the stock exchange and has been accepted throughout the world as a means of exchange. Advocates of this virtual currency see that the future of the world's exchange tools is Cryptocurrency and is said to replace the Euro or USD as the world's safest and safest currency.

Having bitcoin means having ownership of shares or capital on this project. Therefore, anyone who has bitcoin is actually the investors who are investing their capital to achieve greater profits in the future. Let's say that 6 (six) years ago, investors in this area have made huge profits, let's take a look at the charts showing the prices of Bitcoin, Ethereum and all other virtual currency combinations.
vanhuy

Activity: 328
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:27:22 AM

Cryptocurrency is a cryptographic protocol or complex cryptosystem used to convert sensitive data to preserve the value of exchange units. Cryptocurrency is built with mathematical cryptography and the most advanced computer engineering principles, making its structure unbreakable. Therefore, the value units of Cryptocurrency are protected from fraudulent or fraudulent forms. This protocol also conceals the transaction details of the Cryptocurrency user.
BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:38:14 AM

Thank you, very useful information. Hope the bitcoin will go to the moon.

if you're looking for the moon, Bitcoin might not be the entirely best decision, in my personal opinion!

James_Potter

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:53:39 PM

Someone tells me that Bitcoin doesn't have any function except a coin, Etherium is much better with smart contrast, is it right? Because I don't know which coin to start invest.
BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:37:38 AM

Someone tells me that Bitcoin doesn't have any function except a coin, Etherium is much better with smart contrast, is it right? Because I don't know which coin to start invest.

Bitcoin should be able to add new functionality in the future, but currently I don't think it's as straight forward as Ethereum, Ethereum is more aimed at tokens/contracts currently(and other platforms aswell).
However, both are good investments in my opinion  Cheesy

first there was decentralized currency(Bitcoin), then smartcontracts(Ethereum), then we'll see  Smiley

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:55:16 AM

Pretty comprehensive guide! I agree not to let others advise you too much on where to invest your money. Better off doing your own research and deciding for yourself where you're willing to invest.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: