Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox is no longer legitimate, yes I'm calling them scammers  (Read 1813 times)
superside (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:25:53 PM

Just one of many complaints.
For the last 4 months I've been trying to withdraw my coins. They've been dicking me around constantly with 'we are negotiating with foreign banks to accommodate withdraws'. Then they said they could do it manually for 5% fee so I agreed, they said it would take 1-2 weeks. Which I didn't expect to happen and it hasn't. So after 4 months I'm calling it quits. I've offered to pick up a check in person or go directly to their company to discuss it further but of course, not going to happen. Why? Because they don't exist or plan on paying anyone, ever.
So anyone dealing with MTGox, I would suggest getting out ASAP before they close up shop and take everyone's money/coins.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:39:04 PM

Stupid question but can't you buy BTC and transfer somewhere else?
Price might be lower but at least you will be able to have your money back..

superside (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:48:05 PM

Yea I just wrote them and asked them to cancel my withdraws. Looking for a good area to withdraw at, any tips? Right now I'm looking at localbitcoin
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:52:26 PM

localbitcoin is the only place I know you can get mtgox price or above really.
where are you located?

superside (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:05:14 PM

Florida but location isn't an issue since I travel constantly, I could easily meet with someone face to face.
I'd rather not deal in cash since I did a lot of cash trades already and it's a HUGE pain in the ass to deal with a large amount of money.
I'm looking for someone to do a bank transfer or even personal checks.
pepsiplusconkers

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:16:49 PM

Withdraw them to localbitcoin and sell them through nation bank transfer.

You can do this in the UK, and you'll easily make the market price on them, often more.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:52:49 PM

Personally i gave up with their USD withdrawals, i mean seriously 8 months no USD withdrawal, no updates, no midas, way too many withdrawal complaints? Something is awfully wrong. So what i did a few days ago, i went ahead and withdrew every single bitcoin and satoshi i had left. I permanently exited Gox.

it's sad because they had the potential to be the best exchange on the planet.

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:45:42 PM

Isn't it a common knowledge that Mt.Gox is most likely a yakuza influenced activity? What better way to make money than off of a quasi-legal extra territorial booming digital currency market?
ZooKeeper74

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:37:19 AM

Wish I wouldve dug a little deeper before sending them all my money.  15 days after bank wire, no funds in account, no response from CS.  MtGox may likely cause my suicide.

specgamer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:42:12 AM

Personally i gave up with their USD withdrawals, i mean seriously 8 months no USD withdrawal, no updates, no midas, way too many withdrawal complaints? Something is awfully wrong. So what i did a few days ago, i went ahead and withdrew every single bitcoin and satoshi i had left. I permanently exited Gox.

it's sad because they had the potential to be the best exchange on the planet.

I heard that they will be launching LTC tradiing in semptember, is there any word on that either?  I bought 150 LTC, regreted it when it went down by half and now I'm jumping up and down when I sold at $42 Smiley

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:49:12 AM

They are running a ponzi.

ZooKeeper74

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:45:17 PM

Why are they still allowed to run their website?  Why havnt they been taken down?  Its over people, there are no if ands or buts about it, MtGox has skipped town and is still collecting deposits.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 09:54:43 PM

39 days and counting since my USD withdrawal. still no xfer.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
bananabate

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:30:42 AM

I withdrawal coins all the time with no issue, and get weekly fiat withdrawals.   If your so frustrated with the situation why has it taken you 4 months to cash out in BTC.    There have been several occasions over the past month where even the price on gox matched other exchanges.  You could of withdrawn with no loss.   Not saying I trust them, but they are processing I can say that.  At least in my case.   If I was an American, or based in the US I would not use them.   

Hi mate,

Would you mind sharing what country you live in and/or what country your bank account is domiciled? I just moved to Hong Kong a month or two ago and up until now I had assumed that any fiat wds from mtgox would take forever, regardless of geographic location. But now that I'm in HK, have a bank account, etc. I'm wondering if I could actually transfer out my cash from mtgox. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: