Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:52:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worldcoin wallet transfer?  (Read 1003 times)
ericfunk (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:28:44 PM

I'm switching to a new computer but can't seem to figure out how to restore my backed up wallet on the new laptop.

Ideas?
raoulduke33

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:39:52 PM

You should be able to restore the old wallet just by copying the backed up file (wallet.dat) to the correct folder on your computer. On a default install in windows, that would be:

X:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Worldcoin

where X: is the drive your Windows system is installed on and [your user name] is your actual user name. Note that the AppData folder is hidden by default, so you'll need to open up File Explorer, then tick the box on the "View" tab that says "Hidden" to see the hidden folder.

This assumes you're using Windows 8/8.1. If you're using something else, let us know and someone will be able to figure out how to get you access/restore the wallet.

Once you have the backup wallet.dat file restored to its proper location, just launch the wallet software and it will sync back up with your data.
ericfunk (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:59:02 PM

I'm one of those Mac people Smiley ... thanks anyway I found the proper files and copied them from your description (Y)
raoulduke33

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:29:16 PM

I'm one of those Mac people Smiley ... thanks anyway I found the proper files and copied them from your description (Y)

Hey, I don't judge. I currently have a Macbook Air and a dual-boot PC with Win8.1 and Ubuntu on it. I like them all for the things they're good at.

Glad you got your wallet fixed!
misterm

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:36:05 PM

Are there any services that help store wallet information that you guys can recommend?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: