Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:39:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: doge gpu mining  (Read 2505 times)
Four-Rings-Workshop (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 09:12:07 PM

Ok, I started cpu mining dogecoin, and I wonder if it would make any sense to go  buy a radeon5450 at frys for 34.99, and put into an optiplex755 I have unused??

Anyone do gpu mining here for dogecoin?

Currently at 2Kh/s with my dell laptop. Dug 50 doge in 6 hours.

Some is better than none!
Manian3rd

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:36:08 PM

GPU mining is far better than cpu mining. You can check how fast you'll get coin over here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison Just look at the Amd gpu table. If you want to get an average amount of coins buy something that has more than 300Mh/s
misterm

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:37:01 PM

Hey guys so I am a complete newbie and I was wondering if you guys could help me out to start a mining operation?
Four-Rings-Workshop (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 09:53:10 PM

Manian3rd - thanks for the link.

Misterm- i am a noob also, but buy and trade btc, or mine an alt coin. All have the risk of a fail.
I suggest not spending lots of money on hardware though, thats a big money game.

To mine doge, download minerd, make an account at a pool, then make a config.bat file for minerd with your login and worker and password.get dogecoin-qt and run to get wallet.

Slow and possibly useless, but thats how I did it.

llamedo

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:54:25 PM

Hey guys so I am a complete newbie and I was wondering if you guys could help me out to start a mining operation?

What are you looking for exactly?

I guess the community can help you, but you need to explain your plans.
Nomotien

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:55:17 PM

First you need to know what you'll be mining and what hardware you will be mining on.  Do you know your PC's specs?
pauljbl

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:17:30 PM

hi

I am a newbie here but done mining before.  a 7970 is a good card to get.  you need a mining program such as cgminer a good one.  Then you need to join a mining pool for the coin you would like to mine on.  also download the wallet for the coins you would like to keep them safe on your computer.

hope this helps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: