Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:28:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU mining  (Read 504 times)
bit-of-fun (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:29:14 PM

Hi everyone,I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what the best coins to mine CPU only are at the moment?

Thanks!
Marcus
miners78

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:33:52 PM

Litecoin can be mined with the CPU, but a GPU is still the preferred option.

A quick google search returned this guide on how to do it: http://cryptocur.com/litecoin/litecoin-mining/
ilou

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:29:14 PM

Honestly with the difficulty litecoin reached by now I don't think it's anywhere near profitable with CPU.

I am new to this and say one month ago when I first intalled cgminer (without GPU on board ) to see what hapened, this looked like a joke.

And since then the difficulty has doubled.

With a low end GPU, you can still be on the edge of making very little profit vs power consumption, but definitelly I think you need a GPU for litecoin.

Having said that I think Ripple / XRP is a good solution as for CPU "mining" (well it's not actually mining but rather rewarding)
Don't expect becoming a millionnaire from it though but I find it to be a project that makes sense.

And when you think that Google amongst others has been funding the project, well, It can't be all bad of a project I guess.
Astryxxx

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:36:37 PM

The only coins worth mining with a CPU are coins that can only be mined with a CPU. Look into protoshares (even though they're not technically a coin), memory coin 2.0 just released today, and there are a few other options in the alternate cryptocurrency section.
MargaretsDream

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:38:54 PM

The only coins worth mining with a CPU are coins that can only be mined with a CPU. Look into protoshares (even though they're not technically a coin), memory coin 2.0 just released today, and there are a few other options in the alternate cryptocurrency section.

This, other coins cannot be profitable mined with CPU.
Look at PrimeCoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: