Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:36:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitLottery.org - "simple, fair, stylish"  (Read 986 times)
BitTickets (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:25:31 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 12:39:59 PM by BitTickets

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to the bitcoin community, but since I bought my first bitcoin about two months ago I got really into it and  started developping a small bitcoin lottery. I'd like to present it to you today:

- site closed -

The principle is very simple: You can buy (or earn) tickets for a draw, which takes place on the 1. of each month. At ticket costs 0.006 BTC and every purchased ticket increases the jackpot. You can purchase as many tickets as you like for your address - if a ticket belonging to your address is chosen than the jackpot is all yours. You can also earn tickets using your invite link (shown after you've entered your target btc-address): for every friend you invite purchasing at least one ticket you get a free ticket. Free tickets increase your chance of winning, but don't increase the jackpot.

Of corse everything is provably fair: To read more about how a drawing works, check - site closed -

The first 10 users buying tickets will recieve the amount of tickets purchased this month for free next month. Just post your btc-address here after purchasing tickets.

If you have any questions or problems concerning the site feel free to contact me via PN, Email or by writing a post here.

Cheers,
- BitTickets

PS: For those interested - The site is written in (rock solid) Haskell using PostgreSQL as storage layer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 11:26:43 PM

$5 for a ticket?  That's more than the actual lottery in my national area Tongue
It looks ok, I will be purchasing 2 - 5 tickets as a test once I see the pot is worth it - at least a couple hundred dollars or so Smiley
betyourbits

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 11:30:16 PM

Cool idea, good luck! I'll surely buy a few tickets.
BitTickets (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:58:30 PM

$5 for a ticket?  That's more than the actual lottery in my national area Tongue
It looks ok, I will be purchasing 2 - 5 tickets as a test once I see the pot is worth it - at least a couple hundred dollars or so Smiley

Since you would be one of the first 10 people buying tickets, it would only $2.50 per ticket (because of the free tickets next month) ;-)

Cool idea, good luck! I'll surely buy a few tickets.

Thanks! Smiley
LoneMiner

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:20:12 PM

This is something I was wanting to setup myself. All the other lotteries I could find were the traditional "jackpot" kind, but I prefer the ones with a guaranteed winner every game. Sure the jackpots don't get as big, but I think people are more interested in something they have a more realistic chance of winning.

Might want to add a couple of things to make your policy transparent, such as any commission and how you handle transactions more/less than the ticket price (eg. 0.0061 or 0.0059).

I see you put "Please note that only whole tickets can be purchased and no refunds are possible.", but in my experience the more clear you make your position, the less likely people can complain/dispute it.

Really nice site/idea though Grin
BitTickets (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:08:28 AM

This is something I was wanting to setup myself. All the other lotteries I could find were the traditional "jackpot" kind, but I prefer the ones with a guaranteed winner every game. Sure the jackpots don't get as big, but I think people are more interested in something they have a more realistic chance of winning.

Yeah I was looking for something like it but didn't find anything.

Might want to add a couple of things to make your policy transparent, such as any commission and how you handle transactions more/less than the ticket price (eg. 0.0061 or 0.0059).

I see you put "Please note that only whole tickets can be purchased and no refunds are possible.", but in my experience the more clear you make your position, the less likely people can complain/dispute it.

Good point, I'll add some clarification to the site later.

Really nice site/idea though Grin

Thank you! :-)
BitTickets (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:13:38 PM

bump
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: